Why are the Battanians so OP?

Users who are viewing this thread

In every campaign I have started so far the battanians have absolutely wrecked all factions around them. In my current campaign They have already all but destroyed the western empire and have taken two vlandian cities. The vlandian cities were both taken less than 30 minutes after the declaration of war. Aren't the battanians supposed to be a mountain and forest dwelling faction of savages and barbarians? It makes no sense that they are so good at expanding so fast and effectively while being at war with almost everyone around them.

There is a problem with snowballing currently in the game, there are dozen of posts about this and I believe the devs are on it. But just because they are supposed to be barbarians does not mean they cant be good. I give you the examples of the Lombards, Vandals, and Visigoths that invaded all of the western empire and the majority of Mediterranean Africa.

Last edited:
its not even a matter of snowballing, i've been watching a single Battanian lord with just over 100 troops destroying armies of 150-200 troops.

its not even a matter of snowballing, i've been watching a single Battanian lord with just over 100 troops destroying armies of 150-200 troops.
this has been discussed a lot of times, it all depends on what kind of troops they have, if those 100 men are t5 troops and those 200 are raw recruits than they should kill them very easy.

a lot of people have reported all different empires spiraling out of controll, we have reports of the empire, vlandians, battanians etc etc taking over the entire world, this is something the devs are aware of and they have already taken some minor steps in the last few patches to fix this and they will continue to try to fix this.
mexxico (game dev) already adressed this here

Ever heard that saying about the Celts taking over the world if whiskey was never created? Well, there's no whiskey in Bannerlord.

a problem that needs to be adressed, a world without wiskey is a world i do not want to live in.
i hereby move that they make it their top priority
10/10 suggestion. I would invest massive amounts of gold to set up a still operation.

Did you ever play X3? That was always my preferred way to play; set up a huge shipping empire and create lots and lots of space whiskey.

In every campaign I have started so far the battanians have absolutely wrecked all factions around them. In my current campaign They have already all but destroyed the western empire and have taken two vlandian cities. The vlandian cities were both taken less than 30 minutes after the declaration of war. Aren't the battanians supposed to be a mountain and forest dwelling faction of savages and barbarians? It makes no sense that they are so good at expanding so fast and effectively while being at war with almost everyone around them.
unknown.png
Not hard if you are the one in charge XD

what kind of troops did they have btw?

I havent been locking that much into their troop tree but atleast 40-50 pretty well armed riders, some basic archers and a bunch of anoying heavy geared archers. a good chunk of soldiers with large round shields, some small and peasants.

what i did was forming a line with my infantry at the base of a hill, ordering shield wall then placing my archers behind higher up, then i rode to the left with my cavalry and once the infantry had engaged the shields i rode in, the barbarians cavalry charged me when i rode to the infantry but they scatterd since i had follow me and the AI just break into a swarm after the charge

Back
Top Bottom