Who's online list

Users who are viewing this thread

I have recently found it useful to look at the "who's online" list, as well as the more detailed list of people's activities.  However, it can be frustrating to wade through the large amount of guests who are listed in order of their last click.  Since no one cares about what guests are doing, could the activities list automatically place all registered users above the mass of guests?

Heck, I added all the players as buddies, so I can see who's on at any given time more easily.

Ok, I decided to check into this and it required only a small change to a single core file of SMF. So, I made a tiny mod that changes the default sorting of the Who's Online list so that guests are at the bottom and Admins show near the top. Don't mind Eogan showing above us Admins, he's just special. :razz:

By the way, in case you hadn't already noticed before now, you can sort by name or last page load in ascending or descending order by clicking on those column headers. That's a standard feature of SMF. Guests are sorted by name as if they have no name though (well, they don't), so sorting by name shows them before "A" rather than at "G".

"Reformed", Riight.

Anyway, I too am delighted to see that it is now much easier to spy on who are posting where.

Hugglez!
=^-^=Jerky=^-^=

Something to add:
Is it possible if you have several buddies online, for their bolded names to show up at the top of the list of the forum members online? Either that, or have their names boldened in the list so you can pick them out easier from the list.

Of course, with enough work it would be possible. I have no inclination to put in the amount of work that would be needed for such small benefit though.

Back
Top Bottom