Who would want a World War 1 or Victorian Era Expansion for Napoleonic Wars?

Would you support a Victorian Era or World War 1 expansion for Napoleonic Wars?

• Yes!

Votes: 99 65.1%
  • Maybe. It could work potentially.

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • No.

Votes: 15 9.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

bravotwozero

Recruit
Edit:/b]
Just to clarify I do mean an official expansion by taleworlds or another paradox related company. :smile: A mod would be great  but it is hard to organize things like that effectively. Many have tried and few have succeeded. Don't get me wrong, there are incredible mods out there, it's just I think something like this requires an actual dev team with massive time and resources, because it is their job to put this stuff out.

Post-
Pardon me mods if this is the wrong place to post this, but I was wondering how many member of the community would like a World War 1 or Victorian era expansion for Napoleonic Wars. I think 200 player battles with trench warfare could be incredible. If not that then the Franco Prussian War and other Victorian Era wars would be quite interesting. Imagine a siege battle at Rorkes drift with British soldiers with Martini Henry rifles against waves of zulus, or maybe Prussian soldiers with Pickhelhaulbes and Krupp industry cannons firing at French trenches or towns. Lastly think of a whistle being blown by an officer and then charging out of a trench along with 99 team mates in a 200 player battle as they collapse and fall around you as you charge to the trench 30 meters away, you get there and then plant a bayonet in the face of the first enemy you see, only to be shot and see yourself collapse to the ground as your comrades retreat or take the trench.  I hope I can gather support for these ideas. Thank you to anyone who voted, and I welcome constructive criticism.  If you voted no, please kindly take the time to explain your reasoning.

Cheers.

Known in game as 1stEPI_Rkt_Highlander

Yes and no

Yes : For all the reasons you listed.

No : I dont trust any modders that aren't currently busy with mods. Along with I feel that the gameplay wouldn't really work due to the weaponry.

I've been toying with the idea of this myself. I might mess around in the module, see how feasible some of the automatic weapons would be. I'm interested in getting in to modding for this game, so maybe it'll be something to try.

Edit: Also, the fact you'd only call a mod good if a trusted modder did it certainly discourages anyone from trying anything.

I don't think the engine really suits that much fire power, the guns are a bit wooden as is. If anything do the Zulu wars or Boer wars, something like that where there is a good balance between melee and rifles.

Just to clarify I do mean an official expansion by taleworlds or another paradox related company. :smile: A mod would be great  but it is hard to organize things like that effectively. Many have tried and few have succeeded. Don't get me wrong, there are incredible mods out there, it's just I think something like this requires an actual dev team with massive time and resources, because it is their job to put this stuff out.

bravotwozero said:
Imagine a siege battle at Rorkes drift with British soldiers with Martini Henry rifles against waves of zulus

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,243761.0.html

Also featuring Boers and more factions.

I'm aware of that mod, and I wish its team all the best. I just understand there are limitations to what modders can do, and I think an official expansion could enhance on great mod ideas. :smile:

I doubt there's much else the engine can do other than what it can now.Maybe a bit more things but..not alot in my eyes.

The reason there arnt much WW1 games is because its not entertaining(By game standards I mean) WW1 was just hop from trench to foxhole, through a nade then stick your bayonet in a persons ass. It dosnt make a very good game, thats why there is a extreme lack to WW1 games

Yea but maybe they could also put focus on the Eastern front of WW1 where there are less trench warfare.

I think it would be a decent enough idea. I've seen mods done for Source that involved WWI/WWII, and they seemed rather fun. With a community like ours, there may be a good chance for it - if done right. And, to pod455, in response to his comment about WWI not being "fun" - I believe jumping from trench to trench, slogging through mud and dodging gunfire, only to advance a few yards and know that you have to do that yet again (and the suprise of perhaps finding some enemies within those trenches) sounds like a good time to me. To each their own, aye - but I personally believe that it can be executed.

But, I think we'd need some improvements in the engine before making any real steps. In terms of development by Taleworlds and Paradox, I mean.

The only mod that worked out was Chinese battlefield.
Seriously the only mod im hoping that it comes out is scramble for africa, because you could be a boer.

The expansion to the expansion thats already an expansion for another expansion...

I like it!

Yo+Dawg.jpg

Steffen_Reinhardt said:
I think it would be a decent enough idea. I've seen mods done for Source that involved WWI/WWII, and they seemed rather fun. With a community like ours, there may be a good chance for it - if done right. And, to pod455, in response to his comment about WWI not being "fun" - I believe jumping from trench to trench, slogging through mud and dodging gunfire, only to advance a few yards and know that you have to do that yet again (and the suprise of perhaps finding some enemies within those trenches) sounds like a good time to me. To each their own, aye - but I personally believe that it can be executed.

But, I think we'd need some improvements in the engine before making any real steps. In terms of development by Taleworlds and Paradox, I mean.

I agree with you completely . While my male ancestors at the time (All 5 of them were brothers who fought in the War not all of them made it back , alongside their cousins who they were fighting against in Germany,) might not have found the war fun, I personally would love to see this made into a game for Warband. I think this is an era of history that is sadly being slowly forgotten by new generations.

Indeed. Of course, I meant fun for the gamer in the sense of action and thrill. The strategies, although simple, can be so demanding. One push may end up being your downfall, via enemy counter-attack. It opens up a lot of doors, and I would show my support for it openly. And yes, I have to also agree with bravotwozero on the whole matter that WWI is being forgotten. It was the Great War - new innovation and technology was being introduced. It'd be a blast to recreate that feeling, of both impending doom and a new era for armed conflict.

Never forget!

Back
Top Bottom