Which troops are good? - ANSWERED

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trimaran

Sergeant at Arms
In native most people agree on nord huscarls, swadian knights as the best troops. In this mod there are so many different kinds....I am confused:grin: Which are good for cavalry, archers, footmen??? I would like to hear your mix:grin:

Personally I would go for the Spanish Lieutenants and Sergeants. They are the strongest but kind of hard to get. The Flemish higher tier troops can also deliver some good damage and the best ranged units are pretty on the same level with most factions.

When I get to the point of adding new troops and weapons, I will give some more info on them and write up the Guide which is still empty. And hopefully Jean Plassy would balance them. He said that he would send me the files soon but didn't hear anything yet.

Jean Plassy has already balanced some of the firearms, and my guess is that will have its effect on the different troops as well.

I have 2 spanish knights and they are ok so far. They kill well and their costs are low...What do you think?

Oh, and another question, is it better to have archers or rifleman??I think archers can shoot more arrows than rifleman shoot bullets, so they have a bigger chance of hitting the enemy...Do you agree?

i agree but in next version the guns will be more powerful and therefore better

And all bows will be eliminated, except the hunting bow I think. Which you can buy in shops if you are really poor :wink:. Or better a crossbow I think. They were used a little more.

I cant wait for the new version. When improved it ll be even better. The best mod ever! When will the new version be ready, approximately? I can't wait  :grin: :cool:

Autsj, hard question.

I hardly doubt it will be finished before the release of Warband. So I will finish V0.3 for Mount&Blade and then start for the Mount&Blade:Warband version. The large problem with Warband, is that everything you made already, needs to be ported, so large codes, such as the artillery and the naval combat can be very difficult and can take much time to port.

Or the code building doesn't change, so I just can copy and paste it :wink:. But I cannot name a date now, since we are implenting new features etcetera. You will usually know a week before the release :grin:.

Why not first start with a multiplayer version for Warband? Before making the mod for the single player. I would love to do online fights between Spanish pikemen and Dutch Ruyters :wink:

Stinus said:
Why not first start with a multiplayer version for Warband? Before making the mod for the single player. I would love to do online fights between Spanish pikemen and Dutch Ruyters :wink:

To be fair, I thought of a multiplayer mod for this, but still, you need to find a server which can run your module and it should be popular enough to encourage people to download it. But I think single-player is more important and multiplayer what is something for later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom