Which faith/lack thereof has the best troops?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mythos

Regular
Simple question, which ones are best at each role? Which has the best cavalry troops? Which has the best infantry?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,61979.0.html
I will not point exactly where because its instructive for you to do it by yourself.

I have only tryed void, and their cavalry is the 1337 of the leet. BUT I havent tryed any other faith troops, so I think they are all insanely powerful. The main difference I think is wether they are best as infantry or cavalry, and how they look.

engineers are very good in my opinion, the have huge hammers (b damage, so you get a lot of prisoners) i saw two engineers taking on about 10 nords, killed them all and ran to the next group....

Ambalon said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,61979.0.html
I will not point exactly where because its instructive for you to do it by yourself.

Wow, thanks for the link! It was great... except the only ****ing thing there about faith troops was a bunch of pictures.
http://swordofdamocles.wetpaint.com/page/Faith+Troops

There was no article for each faith troop, so the only thing there about faith troops was a bunch of pictures. Wow, that sure helps me tell how good they are at fighting. So, anyone know which ones have the best cavalry and who has the best infantry? Or, if there is one, can anyone tell me where I can find the troops' stats in a readable format (i.e, not 512520151650 5250825725027508 0385 523752092)?

Well, I just went ahead and went with The One. Guardians of The One are ****ing unstoppable. One of those maniacs killed 15 Vaegir footmen. At once. As in 15 guys were attacking him at once, and he killed every last one of them. I'm terrified at what 20 or so of them could do...

You can check their stats with the M&B - Unofficial Troop Editor

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=3&id=709

My question:
Atheism has only foot faith troops (engineers)

Im with the Sultanate which has only mounted nobles.

Wil I be able to train engineers from the Immortals?

Nope. I highly recommend starting over, considering how lack of faith troops=fail. I honestly think they need to give atheism some mounted faith troops, but until then it's just stupid to combine the Sultanate and Atheism. Really, now that I think of it, that's just unfair. Every other choice gives you mounted faith troops. Why shouldn't atheism? Von Mistont, if you see this, can you at least give me some reason why you chose to not give atheism mounted troops?

All the faith troops I've checked are insanely powerful.  The Paladins of the One,
the Dark Knights (Void) and the engineers all kick ass.  But you do not necessarily
need them to win.  Both the Adenan Heavy cavalrymen (commoners) and the
Antarian paladins (noble) are more than a match for the invader in a 1:5 fight,
suffering no casualties to speak of, with proper tactics.

My next game will be with the newest version,  I'll play the Marinians, and I will
be running a workers' paradise.  I'll pick only laws that benefit the commoners,
and will not use holy or noble troops. 

Mythos said:
Nope. I highly recommend starting over, considering how lack of faith troops=fail. I honestly think they need to give atheism some mounted faith troops, but until then it's just stupid to combine the Sultanate and Atheism. Really, now that I think of it, that's just unfair. Every other choice gives you mounted faith troops. Why shouldn't atheism? Von Mistont, if you see this, can you at least give me some reason why you chose to not give atheism mounted troops?

Well since atheism is not a faith it doesn't make sense for them to have faith troops in the traditional meaning :roll:. Atheism simply denies irrational and anti-constructive thinking in favor of a free thinking society. Giving them special troops at all is already a concession to game balance, although the engineers are kind of ridiculous (how many engineers do you know who walk around in plate armor wielding an unweildy tool). Engineers are, for the most part, nerds (sorry if anyone here is one)

Edit: Also, if you associate atheism with scientific achievement (engineers) then it breaks the atmosphere to give them antiquated cavalry. If it were possible for the game engine, it would make more sense to give them wood/metal battlewagons or cannons/artillery, or some variant of these themes

since atheism and engeneers were a "belief" and ppl connected to science and knowledge, perhaps engeneers could have guns? catapults or ballista would be preferable, but that isnt implemented so guns is also a nice idea, or perhaps one insanely good crossbow? just to keep the image of no guns ( I dont like guns in M&B actually)

LOL

Mythos said:

It worked fine with me... The only problem is that they will be the only foot troops in your field battles, and that makes them pretty useless.
duracell said:
You can check their stats with the M&B - Unofficial Troop Editor

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=3&id=709

My question:
Atheism has only foot faith troops (engineers)

Im with the Sultanate which has only mounted nobles.

Wil I be able to train engineers from the Immortals?

So yes, you will be able to train engineers from the Immortals. ( at least... I could )

Faith troops is something, that makes choosing the faction somewhat useless. Since in your late game you will be having mostly faiths and nobles waiting to be faiths (will be changed though), you do not need your standart homeland troops. Faiths just run around pwning everything in their reach. Right now I run around with army that consists of 60% devourers and 40% antarian foot nobles (+ foot me :smile: ) and I  haven't run into anything I couldn't handle yet. Not cuonting clusters of 4+ centurions.

Diavolo said:
since atheism and engeneers were a "belief" and ppl connected to science and knowledge, perhaps engeneers could have guns? catapults or ballista would be preferable, but that isnt implemented so guns is also a nice idea, or perhaps one insanely good crossbow? just to keep the image of no guns ( I dont like guns in M&B actually)

Well, that could be put in the varriant, Gunpowder Invasion. I don't play it so I don't know if it was implemented or not.

Arch said:
Diavolo said:

Well, that could be put in the varriant, Gunpowder Invasion. I don't play it so I don't know if it was implemented or not.
Give them a unique weapon like a repeating crossbow? I suppose it is possible to implement since guns with more than one shot are available.

I don't like the term "Engineer" that much. Engineers do not go about cracking skulls. Most engineers I know would not even be able to lift a hammer and melt away if exposed to direct sunlight. I think it would be better to give them some "professional" name (Master of arms, Brigadeer, Constable) or something more related to lack of faith (Nihilists, Champion of reason, Myth buster...), or a faith in a cause instead of deity: Nationalist, Royalist, or a combination: Royal guard, National guard, Defender of the nation... etc

Personally I prefer one of the latter options.

Techpriests!

FOR THE EMPEROR!!!  :mad:

Anyway, I choosed Atheism because I thought thats the only way to get good foot troops, I was wondering about the Old Ones since their mounted faith troops sometimes spawns with two handed axes but the engineers just looks better to break through the siege bottlenecks (and prisoners are always a good thing)

Professional engineers, army engineers, and old engineers are very very different things.  Preconceived notions of what they should isn't a good idea, they can be quite diverse.

actually:

Void = The One
The One = Void
Ancestors = Void/One with more defense and less power
Boundless = Void/One with less armor but with 10 Athletics
Engineer = Most powerful infantry and blunt damage but no horses

kgable10 said:
Mythos said:

Well since atheism is not a faith it doesn't make sense for them to have faith troops in the traditional meaning :roll:. Atheism simply denies irrational and anti-constructive thinking in favor of a free thinking society. Giving them special troops at all is already a concession to game balance, although the engineers are kind of ridiculous (how many engineers do you know who walk around in plate armor wielding an unweildy tool). Engineers are, for the most part, nerds (sorry if anyone here is one)

Edit: Also, if you associate atheism with scientific achievement (engineers) then it breaks the atmosphere to give them antiquated cavalry. If it were possible for the game engine, it would make more sense to give them wood/metal battlewagons or cannons/artillery, or some variant of these themes

Yes, I'm aware "faith" troops doesn't make sense, but they still need special troops to avoid screwing over people who do that for role playing reasons/real life reasons (although I'm agnostic in real life and I don't really see any issue with playing one of the faiths). And yeah, I kinda agree with the engineer thing. The name doesn't really make sense, although I do like the ideas other people said about either guns (they'd have to be pretty damn primitive) or repeating crossbows/really strong crossbows. Heh, when I first saw an ad for SoD in someone's signature I saw the engineers and thought their hammer was some sort of construction tool for building and running siege engines or something... And I like your idea for the cannons or battlewagons. Who knows, maybe if it's even programmable they could get little mobile archer towers for huge fights.

I agree that cannos are good, but we can't make the game unrealistic or with an overpowered troop, the faith troops have almost the same skills, the engeneer is the most powerful and great for make money (prisioners) but they cant mount horses, so if we add trebuchets, cannons and other siege engines this shoudn't be with a specific faith but with a specific unit able for all factions (native,SoD and Imperial)

Back
Top Bottom