Where is Sweden?

Users who are viewing this thread

I like the balance of the current game. In the two play throughs of the storyline I have ended with about 1000 troops. Mostly spear armed (@600) and a good size infantry (@200), with less than 100 archers and cavalry. The rest being support troops. And, I was actively looking for cavalry and archers.

Also balanced on not allowing all elite armies, though both my ending troop collections were very short of level 26 troops (other than cavalry). Most of my troops were level 23. Level 12 were only priests and women. Level 18 almost all archers or hornmen. All together had about 100 level 29 and 31 troops, split evenly between infantry and spearmen, with 4 Frank Cavalry in second play, and 12 in the first (hired them just before final battle).

If you are talking about raiding in the 9th century you can include most of the coast of Western Europe. If you include Sweden you might as well include all of the Baltic. The Viking invasion and settlement of the 9th century was pretty much limited to the British isles though. Though, there was expansion in Scandinavia against the Finns and uncontested settlement in Iceland too.

Does not make sense to include other places to invade and conquer.

Hi all again,

Regarding the possibility of new factions to the map, currently is not in consideration. That would make all the savegames incompatible, so I'm afraid that, at least now, that won't happen.

About other topics... please, keep the "discussion" of a thread about that thread topic (Title/First message). Avoid off topics please. You are free to open new threads if that topic hasn't been posted yet.

Thank you all  :grin:

CeltiberoCaesar said:
Hi all again,

Regarding the possibility of new factions to the map, currently is not in consideration. That would make all the savegames incompatible, so I'm afraid that, at least now, that won't happen.

About other topics... please, keep the "discussion" of a thread about that thread topic (Title/First message). Avoid off topics please. You are free to open new threads if that topic hasn't been posted yet.

Thank you all  :grin:
how about 2 patches, one with the new map and stuff and the other one without all but the necessary? that way everyone can choose if they would like sweden or not

Shameless bump. :fruity:

Now with the new expansion released and patched nicely, are there any plans for expanding the map at last a bit? I understand the problems with the Franks inclusion, but at last the missing kingdom of Brittanty, which was historically so closely connected with Britain and especially Cornwall. In 867, just around the game start, it was a unified realm under the rule of King Salomon of Brittany and reached its territorial peak incorporating large chunks of western Normandy and the Channel islands. Also their gear won't defer much from that of Cornish.

Couple most famous abbeys from Brittany (Landévennec), Normandy (for example, Jumièges, Fécamp, St. Wandrille, Mont St-Michel) and Picardy/Flanders (Corbie, Elnone, Maroilles, St-Riquier) to Low Saxony (Gandersheim, Lamspringe, St. Ludger) also would be nice, just to add some life to these empty spaces on the map.

Also Shetland/Hjaltland islands and settlements (for the kingdom of the Isles) would be defiantly nice to flavour the North a bit.

Back
Top Bottom