Where Did the Finances Go Astray?

Users who are viewing this thread

Once upon a time I could easily put money away for my future run at monarch, when I would need tubs of it to get vassals to join me. Starting about 1.6 and continuing in 1.7, the only way I can stay afloat is to constantly be at war (selling salvaged gear) and smithing 2-handed swords when time allows.

I am a model vassal. I lead the Khusaiti hordes to victory. Monchug and company have rewarded me (so far) with 6 cities and 7 castles. I have restricted the recruiting of each garrison, based on distance from the front lines, so they don't grow with no bounds.

I have my own main party, and 3 parties run by my brothers and a companion. They are often, but not always, in an army I am running.

I have 4 productive workshops, usually knocking down 1200 denars a day in total. I add a caravan from time to time, but life is hard and they get captured. A Lot. I am also a top-notch trader (over 200) in my own right, and I carry 25-30K of stuff with me and scarf up bargains buying and selling all over.

And my net finances for months now have been usually between -2000 and -6000 denars a day. A DAY. The only way I can finance life is through war and crafting, as I said. WHY is being the worlds' biggest landowner so damn unremunerative these days, where I can't support a Tier VI clan with my normal income??

Yeah the economy is pretty bad, lately I haven't had a lot of struggles but that's because I don't run more parties and my own doesn't have a lot of high tier troops. That and the 275 steward perk reduces costs a lot. That said though... If you have THAT many towns and castles it should absolutely be able to cover your and your parties' expenses.

I absolutely hate that salvaging loot is the only meaningful way to earn money if you're not smithing. Like sure, trading is also good but doing the trip from Askar to Vlandia through the desert with herd penalties isn't fun.

Fiefs should definitely generate more income. Or at least, steward should give bonus taxes to governors. It upsets me so much that there's a few perks for this but they're in skills that are unnecesarilly hard to level up for companions like trading or steward, and there's also many that are completely useless as well, like caravans entering your town generate 20 gold income or active projects generate 20 gold per day. 20!? JFC TaleWorld's you're spoiling us!!! 20 whole ass denars!!!!!!!!

And my net finances for months now have been usually between -2000 and -6000 denars a day. A DAY. The only way I can finance life is through war and crafting, as I said. WHY is being the worlds' biggest landowner so damn unremunerative these days, where I can't support a Tier VI clan with my normal income??
Because at the basic mechanics of the game are broke, even if the player doesn't want to war constantly they're forced to or they're forced to craft weapons. It's going to take a lot of talented modders to fix this game so it's enjoyable more than 1 playthrough for most players.

Yeah the economy is pretty bad, lately I haven't had a lot of struggles but that's because I don't run more parties and my own doesn't have a lot of high tier troops. That and the 275 steward perk reduces costs a lot. That said though... If you have THAT many towns and castles it should absolutely be able to cover your and your parties' expenses.
My current game is heavy on management, and my character is over 200, I think, in Trade, Stewardship, Charm, and is QuarterMaster. So my own trading is with favorable perks. BTW, I'm now up to 8 Cities and 8 Castles and still in the red, income wise. Peace has broken out. I'm glad I have a cushion, because peace will bankrupt me eventually.

You should increase your historical knowledge. Didn't you know that feudal fiefs did only cost (because of the feasts probably), and that twohanded swords and javelins were so expensive in the old times that they could not afford them any longer as the main armament (as they were in the historical armies of Atlantis) but had to sell them and change to cheap knights with lances?

My only solution to the game economy is cheating (aka using mods which increase income of workshops, caravans and fiefs, and/or reduce garrison wages). I would really like to have a "Governor" skill tree where wage reducing and tax increasing et al. perks could be trained by governing settlements, instead of having a bow skill of 150, or similar...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom