Where ARE the Noldor?

Users who are viewing this thread

I guess Nooser had that reaction, because of your other thread. It is, afterall, no surprise it's easy to remove all the bandit/minor faction parties, when you can just kill the mounted troops by standing at an invisible wall. I can see if you want more parties running around the map, afterall, everyone got their own way of playing a game. Some like it full of parties, others don't.

In my opinion, the game is perfect as it is, but again, that's just my opinion. There is ALWAYS something you can do. There is already enough bandit parties all over the map, to hunt. Are bandits easy? Ofcourse they are! Even minor faction spawns is easy. So i just simply don't understand why you don't go join a faction, and fight for them. You don't need a castle from the start to have fun. Fighting for a faction against other factions, brings much more fun and speed to the game. Why hunt bandits, when you can pick between 40 lords to fight? Or go save that castle from getting taken over? Or go take your own castle? My advice to your other thread: Stop exploiting, and join a faction that is at war with 2-4 other factions. It's extremely fun, and keeps you busy.

Footy said:
Fighting for a faction against other factions, brings much more fun and speed to the game. Why hunt bandits, when you can pick between 40 lords to fight? Or go save that castle from getting taken over? Or go take your own castle? My advice to your other thread: Stop exploiting, and join a faction that is at war with 2-4 other factions. It's extremely fun, and keeps you busy.
It's actually pretty nice. If you can "convert" a lord or two with towns (Valonbray is a good town to hold against assault, Singal has Ramun for prisoners). And maybe a castle with steep ladders (like whichever one uses Native's "Grunwalder"), then it is very fun (when you have a party of 100-150) to just skirmish against EVERYONE and just massacre everyone~~

Its the best, even better is when the factions are all crossing your land to fight you or other factions. I had one where the Empire took Sarleon. So, when I converted that Lord, I spent a most enjoyable few months trashing everyone. (Mind you, my Lords hated it since they always got ganged up on, silly AI).

The best part is when you only have a few castles, thus you have 20+ Lords wandering about with no fiefs. I never took it to the logical end, ie: All lords either in my faction or in jail. Then, of course it is easy to take castles and even towns, at the head of a 2000+ army (not hard with a lot of Lords).

------------

The Noldor though, are one of the best for loot to fight. And I suppose I'm biased since I love the Adventurers, and they are pretty good against Noldor. Though, wow, I saw Sigsimund get owned by two Rangers. They can swing their swords FAST.

I never said you cheated nor do I hate you or your preferred playstyle.
If you feel the army spawns are too small, use the troop editor to tweak their size. Give 300 Heretic Magni to a Heretic army and challenge them just to click-kill them all.

Do as you please Cracka, but don´t come here bragging about it claiming for other things and play silly bugger claiming I hate you or brand anyone because I own a ton of prejudices against any other playing stlye then myself.

E.g. the response Nocturno gets to his claim that he kills tons of people per battle is, that horse archer characters are the easiest way to play MnB vanilla - especially with a chest full of arrows to reload and a devilish fast horse opposed by the possibly most manly way to play MnB PoP as 2h infantry or polearm wielder from level 1.  Both aren´t PC character builds I´d like to play (I tried but disliked them greatly) but I wouldn´t dare laughing at someone for doing so at e.g 25% difficulty.

Each to his own.

I´m not saying you can´t abuse certain game mechanics. I´ve done it myself often enough, including the invisible barrier. But I´ve never done it on large scale or exploited it for fast access to cheap troopers and the way you wrote it implied you´d gather some mercs, run off to Noldor Woods, abuse the battle map, acquire a ton of cheapo prisoners, rescue them, free the Noldor, get good relations with them, abuse them once more to ally yourself and thus clearly abusing game mechanics in a very cheap way and complaining about the difficulty and density of the game.

If you had followed certain threads clearly and picked up what you read you´ll realize that MnB PoP pretty much drives the vanilla engine to its total border what it can handle. Mad Vader, the main coder of 3.01 did extensive RAM testing during the development cycle and stopped fitting content just before the game breaks and results in serious random CTD´s like we had in certain betas. The 550 day crash issue is a direct result of the game engine limitations - as recently discovered by Chikisika.

So, unless you want that save game corruption to happen a lot earlier I advised you to enlarge your playstyle a tad and try to rethink or try new approaches to PoP (aka self limitations) to increase difficulty as this can greatly enhance both fun and difficutly of the game and let it enjoy you from a new perspective OR ask a clear question.

Both things you didn´t otherwise I had told you to use troopeditor and change the templates of the various armies to your likings. Having Maltise roaming around with 350 Fallen Revenants again may help you feeling more density.

Usually I´m trying to answer questions very politely and help people out with their questions. But since I never said I was a nice guy the odd fellow who´s getting on my nerves or´s asking for it gets some acid, witticism, irony, sarcasm or just plain sh!t poured over him/her/it. And since it´s teh internetz I couldn´t care less about it because if I´d broken forum rules or arose the hate and uproar of the community I´d be banned, watched or muted by now.

Since I ain´t it possibly can´t have been that very shocking so please reconsider your opinion about me and take into consideration that your ego may be too big or fragile for any discussion wether it be on teh internetz or in real life where someone disagrees to your opinion.

Outrightly claiming someone hates you or insulted you just because he told you to try things differently or reconsidering his opinion about you isn´t very mature nor smart either, especially if you totally misunderstood the original intent.

On the other hand, if I wake up tomorrow with a totally useless third foot between my shoulderblades tomorrow I do at least know whom to blame :wink:

Back
Top Bottom