when war band is released....?

Users who are viewing this thread

A simple search would've answered both of your questions.

It will require the original Mount & Blade because it is an expansion.

The release date has been kinda-sorta announced as March 2010, but no guarantees.

Kleidophoros said:
Actually Armagan said it would be a standalone.
Did he?

I know he said this - so it's very likely:

The short answer is: "we don't know." The original plan was to make it require the original game,
however that will introduce several complications (for example, we won't be able to distribute a trial version),
and also the development of warband has surpassed the original game budget-wise.
Therefore we are considering making it stand-alone.
In any case, we'll most probably make a discount for players who bought the original
(at least from our online store) and recommend other channels to do the same thing.

Adorno said:
Kleidophoros said:
Actually Armagan said it would be a standalone.
Did he?

I know he said this - so it's very likely:

The short answer is: "we don't know." The original plan was to make it require the original game,
however that will introduce several complications (for example, we won't be able to distribute a trial version),
and also the development of warband has surpassed the original game budget-wise.
Therefore we are considering making it stand-alone.
In any case, we'll most probably make a discount for players who bought the original
(at least from our online store) and recommend other channels to do the same thing.
I was referring to that post actually.

Graylord said:
He didn't say it will be a standalone, only that it could become one.
Aye, you are right, i apologize.

I dont see any reason to not make it  stand alone. M&B will have a larger player base now that it will have a multiplayer mod. But if it requires the original game it wont do any good to sales i believe.

Back
Top Bottom