What's wrong with my damn computer

Users who are viewing this thread

Vicccard

Master Knight
From one to another day, all the pictures and letters of MM are blobby/pixels. Out of nowhere

Does anyone know what's wrong? Because this isnt really that irritating, but when I tried my other games, Empire:TW has the same problems. I can't even play, because of all the weird pixels/blobs/floating screens are on my screen. I still see the unit cards, but thats it. Its impossible to see the map.

Can anyone help me? I have no idea how to solve this and as usually, Steam isnt being very helpfull.

When you open the Warband launcher, click on configure, switch it from Directx9 to Directx7.  The graphics will suck but you won't get the blobs

Tried, didn't work

this is what it looks like

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007136339/screenshot/558668645110346221

try checking your display options in control panel (for windows or what ever ur using) and **** around with em and see if u can fix it. if not i have no idea what is wrong.

Vicccard said:
Tried, didn't work

this is what it looks like

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007136339/screenshot/558668645110346221

I know the problem and it is amlost always caused from some Directx9.  I don't know what the problem is if it isn't.

I actually had this problem too (a few times), it always solved itself after putting my PC in hibernation mode and starting it up again. Rather funny, since restarting the computer didn't work...

Vicccard said:
Sorry? Ones again, could you explain that to me?

Thank you all for your help by the way!

You have to start by telling us the brand and which series your VGA belongs to.

To do so please go to Start > Search for "Run" and click on it > Type in "dxdiag" and press enter > Go to the Display tab and tell us what's written near "Name".

Well, I know for a fact that Empire Total War is a little ***** when it comes to certain video drivers.  Very pixalated and sometimes just a black screen, or a wierd trippy trail that covers the screen.  The last three drivers do this for my Nvidia card.

Have you updated your video driver?  Try older drivers.

If you are unsure how to do this look up a few newbie vids on youtube or read up on yahoo answers or somewhere.  Its easy once you know how.

edit: Try Vincenzo's solution first. 

Back
Top Bottom