What's the biggest castle in Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Aren't the castles still upgrade-able? I imagine that could affect their size. Also since the area of defense during an assault is still just the one wall, the size of the castle isn't nearly as relevant as garrison size, income and fortification level.
Unless of course you're in it for the pure vanity of having a sprawling, massive fortress to your name, in which case I invite you to try the scene editor and make one you're satisfied with.  :grin:

Oxtocoatl said:
Aren't the castles still upgrade-able? I imagine that could affect their size. Also since the area of defense during an assault is still just the one wall, the size of the castle isn't nearly as relevant as garrison size, income and fortification level.
Unless of course you're in it for the pure vanity of having a sprawling, massive fortress to your name, in which case I invite you to try the scene editor and make one you're satisfied with.  :grin:

They are, or their walls are at least from lvl 1 to 3. The defense isn't "just" one wall though, each castle will have 3 angles to attack from. Some castles might have angles around the corners from the main gate, so who knows what to call it now.

So I think it's fair to ask what castle is the biggest in siege map size. I doubt any castle will have bigger walls than the cities. Bet the capitals are going to be huge!

Imagine having to pull back your men because you were losing the wall and having massive fights in the streets. I hope they add civilians running around screaming and trying to hide lmao

Obytack said:
Imagine having to pull back your men because you were losing the wall and having massive fights in the streets. I hope they add civilians running around screaming and trying to hide lmao
Something like whatever this is?
blog_post_09_taleworldswebsite_02.png

Also one massive BL city, not sure which
fxholjad36x11.jpg

Obytack said:

I mean, honestly, and I've talked about this before, there really should be civilians in urban battles, like there are when raiding villages. Panicking, joining the fight, trying to hide. Just to make it feel like  battlefield is someone's home, snd they caught in the crossfire.

NachoDawg said:
They are, or their walls are at least from lvl 1 to 3. The defense isn't "just" one wall though, each castle will have 3 angles to attack from. Some castles might have angles around the corners from the main gate, so who knows what to call it now.
Ok I somehow missed that and thought it works like it does in WB. That's great, more tactical flexibility!

Well, the largest CASTLE I've seen in the vids has got to be the one from the castles blog. That thing was giant.

As for a TOWN, either the Sturgia's coastal scene in the open demos, or Empire pic from above.

We know for a fact that defenders will retreat to the keep if overwhelmed in case of a castle, however there have been times(like that huge castle) where there are two gates, but in the most recent demo, the enemy just retreat all the way to the keep instead of holding the one gate chokepoint.

As for towns, the scenes are huge, and I'm not sure if they will be simulated entirely in game, or will have a linear fashion to them. Still, it would be great to have a checkpoint defense which should work perfectly considering how they organized their town scenes.

The walls - Defenders hold the walls, until one side(likely siege tower) bears down too hard on the troops, so a mass retreat is called and defenders get reinforcements from the castle.

Marketplace - Defenders hold the few chokepoints from the walls to protect the abandoned market place, with more gritty chokepoint battles and few vantage points for archers.

The castle - Defenders retreat to their final defense of the town, inside the castle(not keep).
blog_post_44_taleworldswebsite_03.jpg

The keep - Last line of do or die.

Does anyone know, when the singleplayer mode come out? Or it only in early access? Sounds not good, but we were waiting. TaleWorlds, I like your games.  :smile:

Alexandr156 said:
Does anyone know, when the singleplayer mode come out? Or it only in early access? Sounds not good, but we were waiting. TaleWorlds, I like your games.  :smile:
Singleplayer will come in march with early access.

Back
Top Bottom