What pissed you off today? v. VI

Users who are viewing this thread

We can't give them to collectors because that would create a black-market demand and people would go out with metal detectors, digging up stuff on their own - which could cause damage to valuable archaeological finds. So the non-unique items are recycled since local counties/councils do not have funds to preserve them. If I understood it correctly.

It does boggle the mind. If you don't have the funds to preserve them properly in a museum, just put them in a box and store the box in a basement for later use. There are plenty of museum "storage" like that in Finland, where old stuff is just stored somewhere, sometimes not even protected from elements, in the hopes that it doesn't get completely destroyed until funding for proper preservation can be found.

My extended family is trying to get on my nerves again. After over a year of complete silence, they let us know that they want to pay for our share on an overpriced blender that they all chipped in to buy my grandmother. Said grandparents are the most homophobic Southern Baptists on earth and they think I'm gay since I never married, so my parents and I don't get on too well with them. We also don't celebrate Christmas, aside from some gifts for my niece and nephew. Needless to say, we're not interested in paying a hundred bucks we don't have towards a blender for someone who doesn't even consider us family. Especially a month after the fact, we weren't even told about the thing until now.

My aunt is also after us to give her a bunch of plumbing supplies that she somehow feels entitled to. I bought a truck full of unused miscellaneous sinks, counters, pipes, toilets, and faucets at an auction lately (we're hoping to have time to remodel the old school someday), and I made the mistake of giving a faucet to my uncle and my cousin, since they're nice people and poor as dirt. My aunt took this to mean that everyone got anything they wanted, so she's worked out a deal when in I give the whole kit and kaboodle to her and she'll use it to barter with a mechanic to fix her car. I paid a couple hundred dollars for this stuff, and it's worth a couple thousand if you bought it retail. I don't know what she's thinking. This is part of the reason I don't talk to my distant relatives very often: They think I owe them something, and they don't even ask before they start making plans for anything I've got. And the worst part is the inevitable drama that's coming when she finds out that I'm not going to give the stuff to her.

That sucks dude, annoying relatives usually manage to be more annoying than they should.
I don't know if you're looking for advice, but if I were you I'd ask the aunt (the one who wants free plumbing supplies) exactly what she is thinking. Might result in an infuriating argument but tbh the realistic worse case result of being frank with her seems to me to be that you wouldn't have to deal with her in the future. Unless she's the kind of person who would murder you over a perceived slight, in which case I would recommend murdering her first and feeding her to the goats.

But meat is bad for goats. It messes up their digestive tract. (That's why dog food is super bad for them, by the by.)

We've explained to her that we've already got plans for the stuff, and we've already given away the ones we didn't need. Hell, I technically needed the stuff I gave away, but they're raising a disabled kid and that is really biting into their budget. I'm just hoping they don't get shamed into giving her their faucets. My relatives are pretty garbage like that.

My tablet's screen is broken, only about 1/4 of it still reacts to touch. Supposedly I could connect a Bluetooth mouse, but I only have Logitech and those only work with their specific receiver. Also is not compatible with any remote control like TeamViewer (can't interact)

The tablet was already in bad shape, no sensor worked and usb connection broken, but saving data is getting difficult.

Talking about mice, Razer products are generally ****.

I had to actually open my Deathadder and cut off a piece of plastic so the right click was more natural, then ram paper around part of the scroll wheel to make it stop rattling. This piece of **** looks so cheaply made on the inside.

I got it for free so I'm not complaining. Oh, wait, yes I am. Razer products suck mostly **** most of the time apart from sometimes when they don't. They even look bad.

Turns out it was just my windows being autistic, no solution worked to help my other mouse turn on and work more than ten seconds. Reinstalled windows. What the frick.

This forum is DEAD. Off-Topic is DEAD. Nobody posts here anymore.

I'm creating a new forum to bring some life into the community. To help spearhead this movement I have created a Pole to separate my allies from my enemies.

https://www.strawpoll.me/15253477

1288314081-00.jpg
MY
FORUM
IS DEAD

I don't want to moderate it.
I only want to ****post.
[size=8pt]

See my posting history.[/size]
CLICK HERE

Didn't even bother to put an actual hyperlink. What the ****ting gashjuice is wrong with you? **** sake. If you put a click here button, make it a bloody joke hyperlink. In what sick, disgusting mental world would you not do that?

One of my ****ing dental wires snapped, so now I have to put up with a thin piece of wire poking around behind my front upper teeth and a horrible sensation when I eat anything until I get a dentist's appointment.

Back
Top Bottom