What made you sad today v.III

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Úlfheðinn said:
In all my time here I have yet to encounter a single poster that made me resort to using the ignore feature.  :lol:

Of course. You have Vodka, all you do is drink yourself silly and you don't even remember what the conversation was.  :lol:

the unborn child of a very dear friend of my boyfriend and me died, just six weeks before it should've been born. :sad:
so strange, you know it just sometimes happens, but you never expect it to happen to yourself or someone you know...and she was so happy and looking forward to having a child. D:

Paula said:
the unborn child of a very dear friend of my boyfriend and me died, just six weeks before it should've been born. :sad:
so strange, you know it just sometimes happens, but you never expect it to happen to yourself or someone you know...and she was so happy and looking forward to having a child. D:
Condolences. The same happened to someone I know (albeit ten weeks before the calculated birth day). Cruel things like that can make you question the way you look at life and the world.

To stay on the topic of this thread, a shame, bad things often happen to good people it seems.  :sad:

Off topic so to speak...

ComingWinter said:
Of course. You have Vodka, all you do is drink yourself silly and you don't even remember what the conversation was.  :lol:

Please I am not some amateur who drinks himself into a blackout regularly, I merely skirt the very edges of it.

Wellenbrecher said:
I feel like that has been ever so slightly insulting.

I am sorry Wellenbrecher, part of my job here in the German hemisphere is to try and bring you lot back to some acceptable level of aggression/violence.

Tough love if you will.

If you cannot handle the failure of some posters, perhaps it is time for you to step outside of the sauna.

2a7xx00.jpg

About ignore list though, MeGusta's war on funny and Gasket's terrorist attacks on my brain cells have granted them a place in that particular hall of fame.

Úlfheðinn said:
To stay on the topic of this thread, a shame, bad things often happen to good people it seems.  :sad:
Bad things happen to all people regardless of nature. Misfortunes do not discriminate.

Miss Fortune however, is quite the picky lady.

@Paula: my mother had more than her fair share of still borns/other pre-natal issues. So many that in fact, I am adopted.  :neutral: My condolences to your boyfriend's friend.

Úlfheðinn said:
I am sorry Wellenbrecher, part of my job here in the German hemisphere is to try and bring you lot back to some acceptable level of aggression/violence.

Tough love if you will.

If you cannot handle the failure of some posters, perhaps it is time for you to step outside of the sauna.
I meant that I'm evidently not on yours.

FrisianDude said:
About ignore list though, MeGusta's war on funny and Gasket's terrorist attacks on my brain cells have granted them a place in that particular hall of fame.
Hm, didn't actually read that thread, but having a quick look I'll add them just out of principle.

Wellenbrecher said:
I meant that I'm evidently not on yours.

I could never ignore you dearest Welly, despite your Germanity you are a valuable forumite.

Plus, who else would I bother with my drunken and grammatically flawed posts in Deutsch?

Úlfheðinn said:
I could never ignore you dearest Welly, despite your Germanity you are a valuable forumite.

Plus, who else would I bother with my drunken and grammatically flawed posts in Deutsch?

Úlfheðinn said:
despite your Germanity you are a valuable forumite.

Úlfheðinn said:
  :?:

Have we not proven enough that we are valuable because of being German?

I even cooked for you - *sob*

On topic: That's really sad, Paula. I guess those issues are far more common than we know since parents don't speak so much about it. Weird fact: If my mom hadn't had a still born, I wouldn't have been born myself.

So, today I have finally left this group I have known for two years.

We have had much fun together. We have written a collaborative work that rivals Greek epics in length and dedication. We have had hours after hours of discussing, debating, even outright arguing and finger-pointing in topics of interest. They have taught me a good portion of what I know today, and I like to think that I have taught some of them at least half as much as what they have taught me as a group.

All good things have to end, however. We have had rifts and disagreements since late last year, problems that never really got resolved. As difference widened, so did my - and a few other's - interest waned. For half a year after that I tried to hang around to enjoy what vestige of the old time that still remained. I was not happy with what I saw. In that sense, my decision today is more or less an inevitability. I can only be thankful, then, for two things: I have left in good will with a smile rather than in a ****storm, and I still manage to hold on the contact details of those I talked the most to.

Life goes on, but it will be long before I can find another group as close to me as the one I have just left. Maybe even when I have left the internet and become a full-fledged, busy, working adult with a wife and two children I'd not see something the like of this group again. But such is life - what begins, however sweet and memorable, will end. Time goes on and one have to live with it, for good or ill.

Disclaimer: All of this happened online. Insert "LOL PATHETIC" at your discretion. But I really need to let this out, for despite being friends I met online I were closer to this group than pretty much every other friend I knew in real life.

Next week is the last week that my girlfriend will be here. She's going back to uni for the rest of the year. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom