What made you laugh today - Fifth Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

I prefer to keep focus on the charlatans and con artists, and not the poor fools they cheat.
It's easy to laugh at people being fooled, but that can take attention away from what is sometimes a whole network of people staging campaigns to spread false information to sell their products.
E.g. the anti-vaccine proponent gibberish is often by people who sell various supplements, vitamins etc. telling people it "boosts" the immune system, the "natural way". Often you just got to follow the money - like most cons.

Real Water is a hilarious extreme example. It's right up there with "super foods", or "vitamin water".

Last edited:
Don't forget informed water bottles. I had people solemnly recite their beneficial properties.
BTW, I think you are a bit too cynical Adorno. I don't think many superstitions are invented or spread much by shady people looking to make a quick buck, and those people making money off it are often true believers too. I think it's a bit of back and forth between the superstitious people and the mini-industries that take their money.

Last edited:
Oh, if cynical was a town, I'd be the mayor.
Just googled "informed water bottle". I'm dying ? What a treasure trove of bull****.

TP technology uses a microcosmic energy symbol - the spring of information- to positively affect the water in terms of its vibrational orientation and a high energy potential.
?

This wasn't an accident or anything, btw. When I tried complaining about it on TrollGame they would delete this link and start editing my posts and eventually banned me lol.
Literally - there is this admin, Elary, editing my posts and making it look as if I made comments such as "I am afraid of spiders" and other nonsense in a serious topic in which I complained about it. So if you were to read this, it would appear as if I was trolling and basically being an idiot. Unbeliavable...
What a lolz.

asd.png

BTW, I think you are a bit too cynical Adorno. I don't think many superstitions are invented or spread much by shady people looking to make a quick buck, and those people making money off it are often true believers too. I think it's a bit of back and forth between the superstitious people and the mini-industries that take their money.

The group dubbed the "disinformation dozen" by this latest report is made up mainly of seasoned anti-vaccine activists and figures known for promoting alternative medicine.
Joseph Michael Mercola is an American alternative medicine proponent, osteopathic physician, and Internet business person. He markets dietary supplements and medical devices, some of which are controversial
Ty Bollinger is an American alternative medicine activist and author of several books. [...] He has no medical training and is known for disseminating misinformation about cancer treatments and promoting ineffective or unproven cures.
Dr. Rashid Ali Buttar (1966–) is a osteopathic physician who, apart from his (now redacted) qualifications, espouses a line of treatment for autism that is as bereft of scientific rigor as necromancy.He also engages in cancer woo-driven alternative medical treatment.
I'm cynical and you're naïve.

It's the American way to make a quick buck out of anything, even your beliefs. These guys are almost certainly believers and not cynical scammers.
But good idea in the article. Deplatform the loonies.

So, yeah, this :grin:

Suzerain is a text-based role playing game where you are a president of a fictional 1950s republic somewhere in Eastern Europe. You can basically turn your country towards communism, capitalism, nationalism, dictatorship or whatever you have. Actually, the roleplaying potential is great - I (not very succesfully) try to play a weak centrist afraid of taking any hard decision in order to secure support for his moderate constitutional changes. Once the amendment was passed, I started to be more radical, shifted more from capitalism towards welfare state and, incidentally, managed to **** the country quite bad.

Anyway, so there is this presidential debate near the end of my first presidential term where a candidate is from every faction as I made sure that certain parties are not prevented from being in the Parliament due to high electoral threshold. So, a Communist, a western liberal, a fascist and some other people are debating their future policies, how to tackle immigration, economy, international relation in a rather poor and poorly doing country.

I don't know what I clicked in the interview but I got my president to talk about nothing but space program - landing a man on the Moon, to be exact. And it seems that unless I want to talk about full nationalisation/ full privatisation, I simply must speak about the Space program.

What will make our country great? Space program!
Mr. President, what are your suggestions for improving our economy? Space program will create jobs!
What about international relations? Superpowers will not take our seriously until we put a man on the Moon!
Any concluding remarks, Mr. President? Why support mediocre promises of my opponents when you can have the Moon!

I think I have just lost my reelection :lol::lol::lol::lol:

7jG5W.jpg
HArtf.jpg

This year's April's Fools in the Guardian:
'Suez 2'? Ever Given grounding prompts plan for canal along Egypt-Israel border
UN officials are understood to be reviewing plans to construct a new canal along the Egypt-Israel border, having previously dismissed ideas for a much longer route through Iraq and Syria as too hazardous.

And this one is NOT a joke, which is hilarious:
Sarah Palin says she has Covid and urges people to wear masks
“And history will show we Masked Singer visitors were masked before being masked was cool,” she said in her statement, referring to the TV show on which she once appeared.
Unless it's Palin's joke played on the media.

Back
Top Bottom