What made you awestruck or astonished today?

Users who are viewing this thread

I can't bear to press play on any youtube video which has anything to do with pigs. I'm still traumatised from one I saw when I was thirteen  :sad:

RoboSenshi said:
Damn. Who shows that to a 13 year old?

Countryside people. It's all snapping chicken's necks and killing pigs and letting their heads to dry in the same place where you brush your teeth and stuff like that.

:lol: "Today Sally I want to talk to you about life and death" *Rips a Pig's throat out.
But in all seriousness it's not something to show a kid. I don't have sympathy for animals(that I eat), in fact I have killed a few myself but it can **** a little girl up. Thank God Paronomasia turned out so well...

PoisonCourtesan said:
Just shoot it. Problem solved :cool:
You Monster.

Eктωρ said:
RoboSenshi said:
Damn. Who shows that to a 13 year old?

Countryside people. It's all snapping chicken's necks and killing pigs and letting their heads to dry in the same place where you brush your teeth and stuff like that.
Yup. I was helping slaughtering animals when I was 10ish, and certainly when I was 13. All hands are needed for the process of slaughtering and preparing animals. This wasn't even in a particularly remote rural area.

Prob something to do with distribution patterns. The butchers at my hometown get to work around 1.30-2.30am and finish slaughtering, preparing and distributing pork to all eateries, markets and fancy night time restaurants by 9-10am.

I've seen many things die prematurely, people aswell as animals. It was the heartlessness and distress to the pig that affected me. I had started watching that video without knowing its title or content. And like I said, I still waver whenever a pig related video comes up.

jacobhinds said:
Hear pigs being slaughtered in this Chinese village most nights. They're loud and disturbing. They taste nice the next morning though.

Why do farmers always kill animals at night? Do they enjoy making you feel like you're in a steam greenlight horror game?
I've never seen anyone slaughtering at night. Even the commercial places around here start at ~5 in the morning. It's cool outside and it gives you plenty of time to work.

Paronomasia12 said:
I've seen many things die prematurely, people aswell as animals. It was the heartlessness and distress to the pig that affected me. I had started watching that video without knowing its title or content. And like I said, I still waver whenever a pig related video comes up.
You've seen 'people' (plural) die too?! You've had a hard life Paranomasia and you need a hug.

Pig slaughtering is very dirty business. Chickens are easier. I've never had the balls to watch animals being slaughtered, nowadays I wouldn't really have a reason to do it.

When my dad had a farm he ran with some friends when they were in their late 20's, they had a few pigs. There's a story he tells about how when rounding them up to truck off to slaughter, one of the feistier beasts took a chance at a run. This chance was the light of day between one of the guy's legs. Said guy was rather on the short side. Said guy was lifted just off of his feet, involuntarily riding the pig backwards as it tore around the yard.

Midnight sun looked like this
235438038_da753076d5.jpg

looked at it for a while, it was a really intimidating big ball of fission, far far away.

Back
Top Bottom