What is happening to Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

I like troop loss, it was superficial otherwise. If you want to not lose troops in map you can stop firing rocks and starve instead, which i suppose puts you outside of enemy range.

vicwiz007 said:
I don't think the OP's assumptions are valid, but this does bring up a very good point in that the blogs are always unclear, made worse by Callum/Duh/M.Arda (anyone has game knowledge) not responding to any of these simple questions/concerns. I say this so many times and it still irks me because it would quite literally take less than a minute to comment like "Yeah artillery is still usable in assault phase". I know personal things pop up, there are other job responsibilities, etc. but it has been like this for as long as I can remember now. It's really inexcusable.

I totally agree but I started to think whether developers are trying to keep hype and mystery high by not answering or clarifying some matters in order to surprise all community in Gamescom. Otherwise it would be disappointment for all of us.

HUMMAN said:
I like troop loss, it was superficial otherwise. If you want to not lose troops in map you can stop firing rocks and starve instead, which i suppose puts you outside of enemy range.

That just makes the whole thing make even less sense lmao, does your whole army leave the siege camp and move forward with the siege weapons when they fire?

HUMMAN said:
who will fire siege weapons? They are not robots.

10-20 of your least valuable men per device, if we have to use this system (would be great devs explained this better, maybe that's the case).

Or whoever you hired to build them. If we are being realistic you should need engineers to build them in the first place, or need to have gotten the parts in a city with engineers, and I am not 100% sure but I think that when armies acquired siege weapons IRL they usually acquired the men to man them at the same time instead of reassigning some of their units.

Hulagu said:
vicwiz007 said:
I don't think the OP's assumptions are valid, but this does bring up a very good point in that the blogs are always unclear, made worse by Callum/Duh/M.Arda (anyone has game knowledge) not responding to any of these simple questions/concerns. I say this so many times and it still irks me because it would quite literally take less than a minute to comment like "Yeah artillery is still usable in assault phase". I know personal things pop up, there are other job responsibilities, etc. but it has been like this for as long as I can remember now. It's really inexcusable.

I totally agree but I started to think whether developers are trying to keep hype and mystery high by not answering or clarifying some matters in order to surprise all community in Gamescom. Otherwise it would be disappointment for all of us.
I thought that as well before last gamescom but alas, these questions went unanswered. They may use the “dont want to spoil it before release” shtick, but i think even the fans who agree with that sentiment would agree that small questions like these have no reason to go unanswered.

Well now we know that ranged siege weapons are still in the actual battles, bombardment phase seems pretty pointless lol, never doing that. Although I might use it to knock out enemy ballista before it begins, if they have many and i'm afraid of seeing my elite troops impaled on the field.

Roccoflipside said:

That works, will have to see how it is in-game. Still hoping that you can't take out too many troops in the bombardment phase, maybe you choose who mans the siege weapons? I would actually prefer they go for realism and require an engineer to build them and hire men to man them, I believe they were usually acquired from cities in parts, to be assembled later by the men hired when they got to the siege.

MountAndMemeButterlord said:
Do you have any confirmation that they WILL?
A quote or screenshot or something?

There's a whole siege video in which the player get to interact with many siege engines, so there's evidence.

FBohler said:
MountAndMemeButterlord said:
Do you have any confirmation that they WILL?
A quote or screenshot or something?

There's a whole siege video in which the player get to interact with many siege engines, so there's evidence.

Yes I have been corrected. I assumed that was old enough that it might have been scrapped. Apparently you can only destroy walls in bombardment phase though, I suppose that lines up with the footage where catapults kill people but had no effect on the fortifications.

This makes me so disappointed. It seems like people's attention spams are degenerating into nothing. It looks like every blog, Callum has to make a whole list of things that were already confirmed and explained to tell people that the features are still there, despite having videos and devblogs mentioning this. Even Terco_Viejo made a thread to try and diminish that, yet people keep interpreting that "because a feature was not mentioned in the newest devblog, it has been eliminated from the game".
This kind of speculation is harmful, people. This looks like 2016-2017 all over again.

If you want to post speculations of this sort, at least wait until after their presentation on gamescom, which will be their biggest event on BL ever, where they are sure to showcase  many a feature. If the whole gamescom thing goes bad, then these sorts of threads may be justified. Just don't try and harm your own hype by speculating the game is completely different just because Callum did not mention x features on the last 5 devblogs.

Edit: LOTS of typos, geez.

Ye, we should stay silent until gamescom. That being said, even if it is ****, people will still drool over it because anything new will be like candy, and we won’t actually analyze it until much later.

Don't over speculate negative aspects you interpret based on breadcrumb information is very different from stay silent until it is too late.

Just don't assume you are right that the game is completely different because "you didn't like what I saw on 08:32 of video X". Raw footage of beta multiplayer is very different from highly edited produced videos to showcase on game events and television ads. Especially since it was clearly sort of apology from Callum for not having a devblog in the previous week. While Armagan may endorse the video itself for Callum, it doesn't mean it was something designed to be shown to the public as the intended final product. This means that raw beta footage is raw beta footage, much akin to leaked footage, not what the company wants to portrait as the consumer-friendly game.
This is not to say that stuff wasn't bad on the video, it clearly was, some stuff was really lacking, and the reasons were not made clear, but it doesn't mean the game is being chopped down for release as this thread seems to suggest. It only means that that test version Callum showed us was lacking in features present in previous videos and gifs, like cloth physics. And the health bars on siege engines seem really like placeholders.
Maybe this is all baseless assumptions too. I don't know anymore, and I don't pretty much care anyway. But until there is further evidence from and after gamescom that the game is becoming crap, I will go against anything saying "the game is getting very different from what we were led to expect".

Back
Top Bottom