What gave you faith in humanity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bromden said:
Docm30 said:
Contraception is literally murder.
Procreation is worse. You are spawning a being so that it can suffer for a few decades and die miserably at the end. And all this just because for a little pleasurable feeling of filling up a woman with your spunk.
Depends where its born. Can't say I hold a grudge against my dad for getting his willy wet.

It's because you're still young and don't know the inevitable suffering that comes with our short crawl towards the grave. When different parts of your bones ache by different weather. When your piss loses it's pressure and finding your next place to piss at becomes more important than checking out the girls on the street. When you can talk about your haemorrhoids with other aging males without any feeling of shame or joking tone.
You just wait a little, and life becomes all about giving up things. First you give up the pleasurable things, then the everyday ones, then you give up remembering those, and then you give up living. Life is practically a downwards spiral of suffering, deterioration and entropy from the moment you become self-conscious, but you are too young to realize that yet.

What's that? We agree to kill ourselves when...
...I can't think of any good pact-y reason to commit mass suicide (lack of alien comet-motherships), sorry.

:razz:

There is a new helpline run by private volunteers with and without police education in Stockholm county that offers free support for anyone who is afraid that they're being followed (as in inbefore rape takes place). So if anyone notices that they're being followed by someone suspicious, they can call the helpline which will talk with the caller until they're back home. If the caller is assaulted, the volunteer will of course call the police for them.

Gestricius said:
:razz:

There is a new helpline run by private volunteers with and without police education in Stockholm county that offers free support for anyone who is afraid that they're being followed (as in inbefore rape takes place). So if anyone notices that they're being followed by someone suspicious, they can call the helpline which will talk with the caller until they're back home. If the caller is assaulted, the volunteer will of course call the police for them.

That would probably be pretty helpful, even if the worst came to the worst and the person was assaulted. It would save a lot of time in it being reported and increase the chance of the police catching the perpetrator quickly or even stopping the assault, since victims commonly need time to physically recover, get somewhere they feel safe and get over the attack, as well as then debating on whether and just how soon they can face starting the process of making a complaint. Having the police on the way the moment it happens would probably catch rapists earlier.

Plus of course, simply seeing their target on the phone might be enough to scare off some attackers if they imagine the police are being called.

What happens if turns out to be a mugging though, do you get charged for wasting their time after you've been duffed up and had your wallet nicked?  :razz:

I think the helpline is just about for any crime that involves the criminal being face-to-face with the victim.  :razz:

You're misinterpreting him. You see, even humanity's most gruesome excesses are preferable to the gaping maw of oblivion, so "nothing" gives him a renewed faith in our world and society.

In a way trump has brought out a lot of the actual silent majority of non assholes. Good to see America isn't going down without a fight, it's just a shame that muricans think what they're doing is some how patriotic...

Today, the heavens parted, and God himself laid his hand on my shoulder: I actually found whole milk in a UHT carton in a Sainsbury's! I should've been more careful the last three times I've ever been to one of these shops! Oh, it was soooooo TASTY and NICE and didn't reek of a sodding plastic bottle. And it was as fatty and close to actual real milk as possible, none of these wimpy "fully skimmed" pretenders. I can drink milk again!

Back
Top Bottom