What films should we remake? And with which actors/actresses?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hm...  theres a thought.  Bond always had some interesting bad guys.  I think they should work on these in bond or any other film franchise.  Should be able to make some colourful and sought after bad guys.

I thought Christopher Walken did a good bad guy in that Roger Moore bond...  Odd Job, Jaws...  hell, Jaws even became likeable, I like how it turned out.

Did that happen in the novels or did he die horribly?

Red Sonja...  Yeah, I like that idea...  as long as Sonja is a woman in the remake...  Feel free to make Conan a woman.... 

Best not to talk about it...  not even this forum is appropriate.  But I liked the way Jaws turned out to be a nice guy.  Did he survive reentering the earths atmosphere?  Better check wiki...  hopefully wiki will have this useless info on fiction characters, or theres probabably a bond wiki out there somewhere....

http://jamesbond.wikia.com/wiki/Jaws

It has been stated that in the initial script, the film concluded with Jaws being killed by the shark; however, after a rough test screening including Lewis Gilbert's grandson, Jaws was so well liked that the scene was changed to have Jaws live. Jaws was later brought back in the film Moonraker and Christopher Wood's follow up novelisation of Moonraker, entitled James Bond and Moonraker.

Those important facts...

◾Jaws also appears to be immune to being kicked in the crotch; when Bond tried it, Jaws didn't react. Instead we hear a clanging sound and Bond appears to have hurt his foot.

Die nibelungen

But don't ask me which actors would be best suited

I loved this as a kid! Would love to see a modern remake!

(both movies are viewable in German on youtube I just found out!)

Really enjoyed outlander.  According to the Wiki it was another remake of Beowulf.  I suppose the Beowulf, Robin Hood and King Kong stuff gets remade all the time.  Getting a bit fatigued at the lack of imagination.  But Outlander was good, I'd recommend it.

Oh theres a thought..  a futuristic remake of the classic westerns.  They've done it for magnificent 7...  not too impressed by that one but it was a good attempt.  Can't remember the name of it but its got Robert Vaughn.

Iceland had a period in the 80's and early 90's when they made a few viking movies, almost the Icelandic equivalent to westerns. Útlaginn, Hrafninn flýgur, Í skugga hrafnsins are just a few examples (although to be honest there aren't that many more.  :razz:)

Now that Vikings are popular again, maybe people will be interested in watching period films set in the Viking age. There are more sea-worthy longships now than there were 30 years ago, and they're really, really good.
There have been a few Nordic films made set in the Middle Ages the last the few years, but they've been mediocre.

One of them is actually not bad if you imagine it being set in Skyrim instead of Norway:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2076850/

Dennis Storhøy? Naaah. Only met him once at a premiere afterparty we snuck into. Damned nice guy though. No, I'm talking about this guy.
http://m.imdb.com/name/nm4083737/

He looks strangely familiar, but I can't say I've seen any of his films. Wasn't he in the Johann Falk series? That's where I get my dose of nordic characters nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom