What do you want? balance or content

What do you want balance or content

• Balance

Votes: 46 20.8%
  • Content

Votes: 175 79.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

i want give a couple example. why should i be king if i can't be like king. nobody sees me as king. why should i improve skills if the perks doesnt work. why should i become rich merchant if have not major reason to spend money. these are just a few questions and examples

i want give a couple example. why should i be king if i can't be like king. nobody sees me as king. why should i improve skills if the perks doesnt work. why should i become rich merchant if have not major reason to spend money. these are just a few questions and examples
Sounds like you didn't read the EA disclaimer. Wait until release if you want everything to be fully functional.

Sounds like you didn't read the EA disclaimer. Wait until release if you want everything to be fully functional.

you misunderstood me I mean the reason for playing a game is its content rather than how well the game is balanced. so in my opinion, dealing with the content should be a priority instead of dealing with balancing.

you misunderstood me I mean the reason for playing a game is its content rather than how well the game is balanced. so in my opinion, dealing with the content should be a priority instead of dealing with balancing.
I did sorry, I wouldn't worry that they are choosing balancing over implementing new content. Balancing is relatively easy as its mainly adjusting numbers and code lines and can be implemented without breaking save compatibility when pushed out. They have talked about Major updates to EA that will occur adding new content but between those will be balancing the existing features. These major updates take longer as it is harder to add new content ot the game and preserve backward compatibility between patches. They have stated they want to try and make it through out the EA without making the main branch required to restart, as they know how much people care about the time they invested (not my personal opinion, i would rather we get new content faster over keeping compatibility but i understand the desire). They have a team of 90+ and can work on both simultaneously, but it will take time. Also it might not seem like it but they are implementing things one by one,

New content should do balance. And if there will be new content you can´t do balance before you add it! ....Why will you do a balance if you add new contante? Because new contante will crash balance what you did before. ....So at first, please fix siege battles! :smile:)

I hope TW don't pay too much attention to these threads, but like some have said (in many threads) kinda difficult to balance lots of different new things at once.

If the game is horrendously balanced, it's not fun to play, which means fewer testers, which means less feedback.

If the game has few features, many people play and enjoy but then get bored and stop. But if new features are added, maybe they play again (perhaps after waiting for more than one feature etc, or loading an old save to see what a difference it makes).

So whilst of course new features should be steadily added, balancing them iteratively each time is necessary, and what we're currently seeing - no? Sure, not all "balance" changes have lead to improvements so far, but this ties in with an earlier comment in this thread about improved practice balancing...

So if the choice is one or the other, for me balance (at least to a moderate level) comes first.

I really think balance can be handled well enough by mods for now. The game is really really missing content and a lot of basic features like factions splitting and creating new factions so the map doesn't become stale controlled just by 1 faction, are fundamentally necessary for the game to have much replay value. I don't really care how well the game is balanced if there isn't enough content to keep me interested beyond the short term.

Content is king, especially when you are lacking elements you need to balance. Take the snowballing issue, until the diplomatic elements are in the game we can't really know how to balance the factions ideally because they are presumably not behaving as they will once they use diplomacy. It doesn't help that they have been doing a terrible job with balance to date anyway, apparently just nerfing anything players actually use.

content. This game is barely functional because there is really nothing to do in it. They went back on so many things from Warband that I have issues with trusting Armagan's vision. Hope he will gain some direction. I really do. But seeing that almost all patches just balance same things over and over, I have my doubts.

It's really inefficient working on a buggy and janky base, both in terms of code and balancing. Since it's the most efficient, I'd want them to focus on that first just so things are faster in the long run. I can see how that could be an issue marketing/player excitement-wise tho

I'd like them to focus on fixing the basics... At this point, most of the core mechanics seem borked. It's not a matter of tweaking values, it's a matter of reworking entire parts of the rule system. I can fairly wait for content and don't care much about tweaking, but I feel tweaking values of a faulty mechanic is a waste of time and energy. Adress the core issues, then tweak.

Bug fixing first.
But between content and balance, release the content and leave balancing, the less buggy of the two, to the modders for now.
Currently, TW is going too ham on balancing and all the real contents of the game are added by the modders for some reason. It should be the complete opposite.

^ Exactly, we shouldn't have to be using mods to implement basic features of the game like better Diplomacy, perks actually working, Garrison Management and other fairly essential features. The Economy could easily be fixed by a variety of mods, but having to rely on mods to implement core features seems pretty dumb as, especially casual players, aren't going to have access to those mods.

If someone wanted to cheat the economy, they could just use a cheat to have millions of denars, wham bam, your economy nerfs were pointless. So please, focus on the more essential features.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom