What character names is everyone planning for their first character?

Users who are viewing this thread

Undecided between "Victim" and "Deadmeat". The first character will inevitably be little more than a test of the new game mechanics, and probably won't last more than about a few minutes to an hour. Depending on how that goes, my next character will be named more appropriately for whatever role he or she is set to embark upon.

"Victim" and "Deadmeat"

These could work well though. It makes me think of an escaped arena slave from the empire (let's just assume they still have that sort of thing). After fleeing the Empire he falls in with the Battanians or Sturgians who praise him for his ferocity. The slave vows to keep his adopted alias to wreak terrible vengeance on the Empire, perhaps planning to reclaim his true name after killing a particular lord under which he had to suffer.

Incidentally, I hope it will be possible to change your name during the game, as in Warband, to facilitate that sort of character development.

Since the great reckoning of Nova Aetas a hundred worlds have been tread upon by the immortal Octavian Valmora. He soon shall roam upon the earth of Bannerlord.

I'm going to continue the legacy of my most successful character from Mount & Blade: Warband, Maythos and the Kingdom of Waeslon, If Maythos ever has a son I'll name him after my second most successful character, Waesric. Can't Wait to get immersed in this game!

Something Greek like Belasarius or something to start. Then once he's emperor he'll take an Imperial name like Konstantine IV or something.

First playthrough is going to be as a young Empire officer from the Senate faction who unites the Empire and reforms it back into the Republic it was always supposed to be. With himself as Emperor, of course.

I hope you can do so through politics more than through war. I'd like to see my junior officer rise the ranks into the Senate and then use his influence to take over from there rather than the battlefield.

I also hope you can marry the old Emperors daughter.

It depends on the faction I will serve. So, pattern of name will be as 'Title' + 'Name' ( = Jan) + 'Nickname'.
For example, Duke Jan the Bloody.

I'm thinking of honoring the reigning Byzantine empresses by picking Zoe, Theodora or Irene. Or Dihya, for the Berber warrior queen, if I play as the Aserai.
On the rare chance I'll end up playing a Vlandian dude I'll honor Robert Guiscard (the nickname translates to Cunning) by naming my adventurer Crafty Bob.

Since I'm half Arab, I'm excited to start as the Aserai. Not sure what name to use but I'll probably go with something like Sultan ibn Mahmoud (ibn = son of)
Then once I've established myself, I can move towards something like Sultan Al Fatih (the conqueror)

Bigus Dickus of the great empire.

Jokes aside, probably some roman name, perhaps Maximus or something in this style, i will play the empire though.. That is for sure.

Back
Top Bottom