What are you listening to right now? Mark V

Users who are viewing this thread

I see you are getting culturally enriched by your in-laws.
This looks banal and bizarre (not a surprise combo for Japanese pop), but it gets vaguely interesting if you see it as subconsciously racist. Thoughts?
She looks both annoyed and attracted to a big black cockroach that keeps her awake at night.

Last edited:
Mother in-law in such a WASP, that she's the only person I've heard self-identify as such. Father in-law is half Japanese, but he's lived his whole life in Connecticut and he barely speaks the language. Could as well be a Mayflower descendant on both sides, if you can look past the suspiciously straight (formerly) black hair and never ever breaking a sweat even if it's 40 C outside.

It could be, but I think it's actually a thinly veiled exhortation to rebuild the Imperial Navy and Army. She uses pesticide gas on the roach, but the roach apparently survives and comes back and looms over her menacingly. This is clearly representative of the Unit 731 crimes in China, a country that also sprang back from near-defeat and now looms menacingly over Japan and all of Asia.

:razz:

I don't know, man, maybe sometimes a goofy song about a roach in your new apartment is really just a goofy song about a roach in your new apartment.

Back with playing this masterpiece of a game, with the perfect soundtrack (and evergreen art direction btw).
My favourite is "Power", but there is no feeling better than releasing a nuke on a player and it hits right at 16:47 in this video, in the song "Tension".
They just don't make em like this anymore

Back
Top Bottom