What Are You Hoping Will Be In The Next Update?

Users who are viewing this thread

Marshals who have the king's authority to gather armies. If you're not the marshal, you can only assemble armies out of your own clan armies or friendly lords.

Instead of costing influence to summon lords to your army, it should just be a yes/no decision depending on how much they like you, your reputation, their personality, whether you're the marshal or not, whether they have enough troops, whether they have enough food, how long they've been in the field and if they need to rest (in warband lords had to rest in cities/castles after being in the field for too long), etc.

And of course if you're the king you automatically have marshal powers too

Marshals who have the king's authority to gather armies. If you're not the marshal, you can only assemble armies out of your own clan armies or friendly lords.

Instead of costing influence to summon lords to your army, it should just be a yes/no decision depending on how much they like you, your reputation, their personality, whether you're the marshal or not, whether they have enough troops, whether they have enough food, how long they've been in the field and if they need to rest (in warband lords had to rest in cities/castles after being in the field for too long), etc.

In short, get influence out of the game, TW.

This would be great.

I really like this. This does ring historically true in some cultures. Most of the time even the king was only able to muster armies from his clan and his married clan while the other treacherous clans were hesitant only thinking about their gains.

I think that influence be used to summon lords outside of your clan as this shows that they follow your will. But it could also have another layer where if they like you, it won't cost you influence as they've already favored you.

As for being marshal, you should be able to punish tardy lords as well. Also, make them do tasks such as scouting and getting food. The codes are already there. Just let the player be allowed to use the code.

What is still promised/within the Vision™? I can't keep track anymore.

How about we flesh out the extra cultures that have been in the Encyclopedia since day one? Nords, Vakken, Darshi. Why even put them there, if there is nothing else more involved, like leaders/clans/etc.?

What is still promised/within the Vision™? I can't keep track anymore.

How about we flesh out the extra cultures that have been in the Encyclopedia since day one? Nords, Vakken, Darshi. Why even put them there, if there is nothing else more involved, like leaders/clans/etc.?
Nords (Scandinavians) are Skolderbroda, Vakken (Finns) are Forest People, and Darshi (Persians) are currently only represented by Rhagaea, but I would hazard a guess that the elephant DLC Taleworlds was working on would involve some kind of expansion into Darshi territory.

I do definitely agree that not enough is done with the minor factions. They have these elaborate backstories about things they're supposed to do, which they don't actually do ingame. They aren't very powerful or relevant and don't really do anything except add a few extra clan parties to a losing faction. They can't even recruit their own unique troops, their parties are made up of mostly regular troops. I would like to see the minor factions fleshed out more and play a bigger role in gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom