MP Sci-Fi Fantasy [WFaS] Warhammer 40K: A Universe Divided (MODELLERS AND TEXTURERS NEEDED)

Which Imperial Guard regiment is your favourite? (we'll make them in the order YOU choose)

• Cadian Shock Troops

Votes: 38 13.6%
  • Mordian Iron Guard

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • Tallarn Desert Raiders

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Harakoni Warhawks

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Valhallan Ice Warriors

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • Armageddon Steel Legion

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Catachan Jungle Fighters

Votes: 13 4.6%
  • Tanith First and Only

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • Death Korps of Krieg (IN PRODUCTION)

Votes: 71 25.4%
  • Savlar Chem Dogs

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Terrax Guard

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Kanak Skull-Takers

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Praetorian Guard

Votes: 32 11.4%
  • Vostroyan Firstborn

Votes: 10 3.6%
  • Elysian Drop Troops

Votes: 11 3.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Small crit on the models:
The bolter with the stock needs to have hard edges on the stock (if not more of the gun), and the rifle with the axe near the front (forgot what it's called) needs hard edges for the axeblade

After playing around with a text editor (not really coding, but trying to move models into the game to begin changing them to our weapons [much easier]) I've hit an issue with WFaS.

Whenever I would attempt to edit it's files, the item (my test was with a lasgun) would not load the right texture (it looked like the musket I cloned it from). This is odd, considering I THINK I followed all the right steps to load everything.

BUT, when I tested the weapon with Warband, I could get the item IN, but it was not visible other than you COULD find it in the inventory. I assume I messed up somewhere along the line (since this is my first little bits trying to work with programs such as Morgh's text editor) but I don't know where. My steps were as follows.

WFaS
1. Placed the appropriate brf files (mesh and ect.) in the resource area.
2. Loaded item_kinds1.txt with Morgh's Text Editor.
3. Cloned Musket, modified ID, names, and then ATTEMPTED to enter the mesh name (I believe 40k_mesh)
4. Modified Troop to have bullets (its ammo) and the "Lasgun" (the modified Musket that was supposed to load as a Lasgun)
5. Launched game, had a Musket named Lasgun.

Warband
1. Same as WFaS step 1.
2. Same as WFaS step 2.
3. Same step, but I cloned a crossbow instead.
4. Same as WFaS step 4 but with bolts.
5. Launched game, had an invisible weapon named Lasgun.

-----

Sushiman said:
The bolter model shouldn't have a stock.
If you haven't, you should go read the Codex for the Space Marines. Or Battle Novels. Both show bolters as being heavily modified in some cases. Some good examples would be bayonets, drum barrels, and (obviously) various forms of ammunition.

Edit: What does everyone think of this?
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,121815.0.html

@Mr. Sandman
You've skipped the step where you modify the module.ini to tell the game to load the .brf that you placed in resources.

Not sure off the top why you'd be getting different results in WFaS and Warband...they are virtually the same game.

EDIT (based off TMAN's post below) - Oh, and note that the name of the mesh you list in the TXT editor (or however you are editing items) is the mesh name given within the .brf file, not the .brf filename. The filename is only used in the module.ini

yeah I swear the module.ini in the files I already sent you I had already modified to load mod resources.
the thing you've done wrong is you have referenced to the BRF file that the models are stored IN (40K_mesh.brf) and NOT the actual models themselves
you need to put "lasgun" or whatever in meshes not the library of models :smile:
you can see all the names you can put in OpenBRF the way I showed you yesterday

EDIT yeah what Caba 'drin said :3

gokiller said:
Making a steamgroup while the mod is still in develop? i think it's not really necessary...  :neutral:

Its mostly for teaammembers to contact eatchover, yes it is necessary.

Dowd alot of singleplayer features are missing (marriage, become a proper ruler and what not) but for MP which if you see at the top it says [ B ] (meaning both) only from what I can see kick is missing. A shooting mod is best to be based on a shooting game, eh?

exactly :smile: and since when are you gonna marry in the 40K universe?
and we're gonna focus SOLELY on MP until that's finished and then do SP

Slawtering said:
Drummerman12345 said:
exactly :smile: and since when are you gonna marry in the 40K universe?
and we're gonna focus SOLELY on MP until that's finished and then do SP

Your name sound familiar. Did you know taco before this mod?

You may recognize me as Ozuru_Tsuwamono_Jamie :3

I also fail to see why it should be on WFaS. What improvements does it have over Warband? Its essentially a Warband mod. Also isn't there a much larger player base on Warband on MP?

Back
Top Bottom