[Werewolf: Archives] Werewolf - Tavern of Terror - VILLAGERS WIN - 7 ALIVE

Users who are viewing this thread

Hershey said:
:3

Marry me. We can have half-chocolate half-cat children.
Alas, but our forbidden love could never be. It did feel so good inside you though...

Ativan said:
Great game Adaham, thank you for your time. I can only criticize the kidnapper role since it effectively removes the kidnapped ones from the game, probably making them less motivated about the game as days pass.

Anyway, my desire was to ally with the last wolf just before he was lynched after being cleared. I waited patiently for days to do that and be the sole survivor of the game again, but Shatari's dream made it impossible in the last moment. I was going to announce my role but the game ended before that :smile:
Aha! I kneecapped your treason. Although I honestly thought that you had found the rat catcher's flute and were going to start up the kidnapping again. That would have been sweet.

Thanks for your professional and, at times, wondrously patient moderating, Adaham, for what has been a thoroughly enjoyable game...  :smile: And not just because this is only the second game I've actually won (this time without purposely initiating a mass roleclaim too). I guess I must be doing something right to avoid getting eaten lately... *looks at scumhunting record* :oops:

Shatari and Magorian (sorry about the lynch back there) played well, despite me being paranoid of them, as did Ativan which goes without saying. Kudos also go to Ruthven for what was arguably the most useful roleclaim of the game, and Alex for his successful hunting of Griff against the odds (left to him by Bugman). I like to think that I was more of a help than a hindrance to the tavern, and maybe that I kept the game moving at times when it seemed to stagnate.

I also look forward to seeing the kidnapper used again. It was pretty inventive, though bearing Ativan's point in mind it may need tweaking. Like a necromancer who ritualistically kills his targets only for them to rise from the dead and take over the villagers when they outnumber it. Maybe the village could get his spell book upon lynching him, allowing them to raise a willing comrade back to their side, or augment those who remain with special powers.  :smile:

Adaham said:
Oubliette, the mysterious guy in the black-leather coat mumbled something very long and complicated and walked away into the darkness of the woods. (Innocent)
:cool:

You had a wonderful game and a great set-up. About my only gripe is the kidnapper role should have be removed and the wolf packs bumped up to 3 each would have played out for a more effective game. Kidnapper role just all around sucks for the kidnapped. You don't even want to know the things Bulle made us do.  :cry:

Thanks for the great game Adaham. It was a fantastic introduction to Werewolf for me.

Oubliette said:
Shatari and Magorian (sorry about the lynch back there) played well, despite me being paranoid of them,

No worries, that's how it goes. Thanks for the compliment as well. :smile:

MaHuD said:
I expected to see a ' most lucky user of a truth serum ' :p (sorry Orj, that must have been a pain in the ass)

Eh, it's no problem. I can't eat the village every time, I suppose. :razz:

MaHuD said:
I expected to see a ' most lucky user of a truth serum ' :p (sorry Orj, that must have been a pain in the ass)

That one´s kind of covered by Orj becoming runner up in the "poor bastard" category, but yes it was one of those "not-my-day"-moments for Orj... :grin:

@ Sushi: Don´t worry man, as one could see, some even refused to believe it once I announced the dream was corrupted. In the end it was really interesting to see that whenever Bulle spilled the truth (e.g. when she guessed early on there´s a kidnapper and when she pointed out the lynch-or-lose that wasn´t apparent to all) it generated suspicion on her, while whenever the group was making the wildest phantasies of what could be the scenario she got usually away unscathed.

I understand some of the criticism of the kidnapper role, but don´t forget the bright side of being kidnapped....you can´t be killed while kidnapped. This could have worked out fine for the wolves if they still had 1 more packy left and didn´t munch upon each other, as that way the slightly underpowered Werewolves could have made it to the end-game rather safely. But things remain unpredictable. In Castle of Horror I had two vampires to start with and they both were dead within 24 hours, while this time a single vampire still managed to multiply.

And then, of course, the high amount of specials didn´t work solely in favor of the village, as there were plenty of possibilities of other specials interfering (Saboteur) or even worse, turning or kidnapping. Troll turning Agent Griff made for a nice soap-opera with having to eliminate The Mercenary, but if a vampire would have managed to turn the seer or the oracle, things could have panned out really interesting. Not to mention what would have happened if Ativan would have become an Ally of the Rat Catcher  :shock:

Handgrenades, no matter their holiness, are best not used in confined spaces like taverns.

So Ativan was an Ally? What exactly does that mean?  :???:

You are Brother Maynard. In a Lynch or Lose situation, you can consult the book of Armaments (Chapter 2, Verses 9-21) for information on how to operate the Holy Hand Grenade. The Holy Hand Grenade can be used in the occasion that the wolves win a majority vote, you may throw the Grenade in such a fashion that in blows thine enemies into tiny bits, in the Lords Mercy. This allows you an extra days grace. This item can only be used once.

AWdeV said:
Handgrenades, no matter their holiness, are best not used in confined spaces like taverns.
As long as thou countest no further than 2 thou shouldst be fine.

AWdeV said:
So Ativan was an Ally? What exactly does that mean?  :???:
Meaning that he was able to join somebody elses cause and therefore becoming the same role. In most cases he would join a team or form a team with somebody who was alone so far.

Adaham said:
Not to mention what would have happened if Ativan would have become an Ally of the Rat Catcher  :shock:
I thought about that, since I was nearly sure that Bulle was the kidnapper. But it felt so lame to ally with her and win the game that night :lol:

Also, kudos to Xardob who nailed 2 bad guys before he was killed.

Anyway, de-stickied.

Back
Top Bottom