Weight influence in battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Balinux

Sergeant Knight
So far, weight seems to be only a disavantage, but in real life weight was also an advantage. For example, increasing joust damage with weight, like I asked in the modding forum if this could be modded in and i was told no. Pushing a lighter/weaker oponent away, adding more charge power to the horse due to inercia,... But mostly the jousting thing, as it would help distinguish between heavy and light cavalry quality.
The basic idea is to have a sum of caracter weight- items- horse, and have it influence battles thus.

I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean the heavier you are the harder you should hit on a charge?

In that case, Yes! good idea. A heavily armoured knight that hits a light rider should utterly oblitterate him. Even maybe smash through his sheild(maybe too much?)

But if you weigh more wouldn't you slow the horse down and have a negative effect on charging speed? And wouldn't it only be the force of the horse that affects the joust damage?

It's already taken care of really with the charge value of the horse. Weight doesn't make that much difference to a lance charge, you're not using weight at all, but the force of the horse.
In jousts, the prime object was to unhorse your opponent, even then it wasn't used for that purpose. Most of the time you'd be weighing yourself down to make it harder to unseat you rather than easier to unseat your rival.

Archonsod said:
It's already taken care of really with the charge value of the horse. Weight doesn't make that much difference to a lance charge, you're not using weight at all, but the force of the horse.
In jousts, the prime object was to unhorse your opponent, even then it wasn't used for that purpose. Most of the time you'd be weighing yourself down to make it harder to unseat you rather than easier to unseat your rival.

Well, that's the all point of weight and that's why I sugested it.

Back
Top Bottom