Weapon Damage

Users who are viewing this thread

Okay, so I was killing people as usual and noticed something, it really doesn't matter what kind of damage my weapon does, they sometimes die or get knocked out regardless of what kind of damage my weapon does, am I right?

They increased the chance to knock out rate dramatically.  It's at like 50% or some ludicrous ****.  After 300 man fights I will easily have 150+ prisoners to capture.

abadgaem said:
They increased the chance to knock out rate dramatically.  It's at like 50% or some ludicrous ****.  After 300 man fights I will easily have 150+ prisoners to capture.
Understandable with the lack of blunt weaponry and units but what I want to know for sure is if the knock out rate hwas increased or there is some rng stuff going on.

Currently a strange bug lets me fight 7 bandits but capture 10 prisoners.  Where are all the smithing hammers and framing mallets for low tier farmers/peasants?  If it was a tool or craftsperson's implement, it was definitely a weapon of war.

I too have been getting an unusually high amount of prisoners. I'm not sure if it makes sense though. Wouldn't one expect higher casualty rates in this era compared to original warband?

I was sent on a mission to capture a spy and his boss. I smacked the spy with my glove til he died (no weapons) for 10 minutes. I later killed his boss with a blunt pole. :/ I could't capture them alive.

I am 90% sure that there is something randomized regarding casualties, some villaget killed one of my watchman with a staff, unless the critical hits count as mortal...

If the Devs read this post of mine, could u answer my question about "why are there no throwing axes and 2handed axes?" I can't go "less talking, more raiding" without a throwing axe and a 2handed axe. :sad:

Hellscreamed said:
If the Devs read this post of mine, could u answer my question about "why are there no throwing axes and 2handed axes?" I can't go "less talking, more raiding" without a throwing axe and a 2handed axe. :sad:

Dude, try the thread about 2H weapons and the thread about more items. Huge discussions on both.

I would like for one of the developers or someone who knows to answer this, I am not even sure if this affects the Surgery skill or anything. Besides, if I am right and there is some random stuff going on with casualties, it would pretty damn awful mechanic.

I've noticed this as well, I'm frequently knocking people out with cutting damage attacks like an axe swing or a spear stab which is unusual.

I could see it being intentional - maybe they want to represent how not every wound is fatal? But the rate definitely seems too high.

Another thing to consider is that there aren't many blunt damage weapons in the game atm. So it'd be hard to capture prisoners otherwise.

Grimes said:
I've noticed this as well, I'm frequently knocking people out with cutting damage attacks like an axe swing or a spear stab which is unusual.

I could see it being intentional - maybe they want to represent how not every wound is fatal? But the rate definitely seems too high.

Another thing to consider is that there aren't many blunt damage weapons in the game atm. So it'd be hard to capture prisoners otherwise.

Something changed here for sure. Just do a quick test:

Start a fight against a couple hundred enemies. Use CTRL+ALT+F4.

Normally you would expect to have 200 wounded. But now you are getting about half dead and half wounded.

I still want to have some kind of explanation regarding this because it's pretty damn awful. Why not include some more blunt weapons? Surely the concept of hitting someone with a blunt end wasn't so rare back then. This new system makes raiding villages a nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom