We still need friendly fire in sieges.

Users who are viewing this thread

We're aware that friendly damage makes sieges more enjoyable, as you mentioned friendly fire has been removed due to technical issues. We intend on bringing it back as soon as the technical issues are resolved.
Thank you for responding it, I was worried it won´t be released on official servers. I hope it could be sooner than later.

We're aware that friendly damage makes sieges more enjoyable, as you mentioned friendly fire has been removed due to technical issues. We intend on bringing it back as soon as the technical issues are resolved.
Thank you! and all the wishes to FF finally work on siege without crashing game with no survivors

Bumping this because I played a match as defender and attackers were in last flag spamming right and left, hitting its own teamates like brainless monkeys while trying to defend it.

@Dejan Any news about this? I hoped this would be resolved when 1.6.0 come to live but It doesnt seem the case. Can we expect it to be introduced in the near update? It doesnt have to be with reflective damage (althought I prefer it) but now that we have polls to kick people it just could work like regular friendly fire stuff from skirmish mode; untill the tecnical issues are resolved.

@Dejan Any news about this? I hoped this would be resolved when 1.6.0 come to live but It doesnt seem the case. Can we expect it to be introduced in the near update? It doesnt have to be with reflective damage (althought I prefer it) but now that we have polls to kick people it just could work like regular friendly fire stuff from skirmish mode; untill the tecnical issues are resolved.
We want to make Friendly Fire available in Siege as soon as possible but the Friendly Fire fix is tied up with another major feature due to technical reasons.

We want to make Friendly Fire available in Siege as soon as possible but the Friendly Fire fix is tied up with another major feature due to technical reasons.

Thankyou for giving the decision but also the reason for the decision, its nice to know why a seemingly simple fix is actually more complex than it first seems.

Is this the major feature that the fix is tied to?
Alongside the more major updates outlined above, work will continue on improving all other aspects of multiplayer, including; an overhaul of the score calculation system to better account for damage dealt and objectives achieved; a rework of the entire scoreboard
Doesn't seem like it's necessary to tie the two together but if it is I hope this is high on the priority list because siege is still an unplayable spamfest, and most of the playerbase is casual siege players (despite not being that vocal on the forums)

Also in TDM plz. I know it will become a round of team death match for real! But it would also make players think twice before spamming LMB with 2h..

Now that we have 1.7.0. around the corner, I was wondering if we are gonna get back the friendly fire in Siege. I hope that major feature will arrive with this version of the game....

@Dejan @NIN3

Now that we have 1.7.0. around the corner, I was wondering if we are gonna get back the friendly fire in Siege. I hope that major feature will arrive with this version of the game....

@Dejan @NIN3
Probably still crashes the servers.

I haven't checked but it wouldn't surprise me they didn't design the kills to handle teammates when they initially designed multiplayer. Would be very weird indeed but who knows with TW.

Another, but similar topic: Are there any plans to introduce friendly fire at TDM? I enjoy playing on it, the only reason I tend to get upset there is because of the lack of friendly fire. In this way, players are not incentivized to attack / block as they should be. Mobs of infantry are forming up, swinging like maniacs in every directions, hits often landing and bouncing off from teammates like nothing happened. With friendly fire on, players would be forced be more aware about their surroundings and would get much better in the game, both individually and group wise.

Not just yet.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom