SP Musket Era [WB] Winds of War: Blood and Steel - 1870

Users who are viewing this thread

We are currently looking for east asian music to go with these factions, either instrumental traditional or brass band military covering the late 19th century/early 20th. Nothing too controversial now.

We'd also like to put out a call for a secondary scener for these new factions. We have the props and scene stuff, just need somebody willing, able and have the time to work on it as our main scener already has enough on his plate.

Someone please help these Wonderful people!! Great job guys and I am.over the moon to hear tht there will be a soon-ish release. Keep it up guys.

Glad to see this is walking forward  :grin: u guys have planned to add marines from various european styled factions? Such as russians , with their famous stripped shirt and the cap, and also steamships :wink: and some african inspired factipn later on

Senyu, also known as "Comrade in arms" or "War Comrade" was written supposedly right after the Russo-Japanese War in 1905. It has lyrics, so it probably wouldn't fit as battle music, but I'm posting it anyways for reference, and because it is a gripping song. Anywho, supposedly it was prohibited during the Second World War (most likely for the song's depressing and brutal, debatably anti-war depiction of war), but was apparently still very popular with veteran infantry, and tolerated by many officers.

Also nabbed some lyrics, they only encompass half the song though, and my are they saddening. I've also watched another video that seems to have slightly different lyrics, so I took elements of lyrics from both sources in an effort to create a smooth flowing transliteration. That being said, the lyrics won't be exact, and some may be out of place, but they will still illustrate the same meaning.

此處は御國を何百里 Koko wa o-kuni wo nanbyaku ri – Hundreds of leagues from our home country
離れて遠き滿洲の Hanarete tōki Manshū no – in far away Manchuria
赤い夕陽に照らされて Akai yūhi ni terasarete – Under the red glow of sunset
友は野末の石の下 Tomo wa nozue no ishi no ****a – My comrade rests in a far off corner of the field

思へば悲し昨日まで Omoeba kanashi kinō made – Sadly I recall the day before
真っ先驅けて突進し Massaki kakete tosshinshi – that he had bravely led the charge
敵を散々懲らしたる Teki wo sanzan kora****aru – our foe was severely beaten back
勇士は此處に眠れるか Yūshi wa koko ni nemureru ka – Will this brave warrior rest here?

嗚呼戰の最中に Aa tatakai no saichū ni – Ah in the very midst of battle
鄰に居ったこの友の Tonari ni otta kono tomo no – this comrade who was next to me
俄にはたと倒れしを Niwaka ni hatato taoreshi wo – suddenly was struck down, along with the flag he bore
我は思はず驅け寄って Ware wa omowazu kakeyotte – without a moment’s thought, I rushed to his side

軍律嚴しき中なれど Gunritsu kibishiki naka naredo – Military discipline is harsh
是が見捨てゝ置かれうか Kore ga misutete okaryō ka – but how could I have just left him lying there?
「確りせよ」と抱き起し "Shikkari se yo" to dakiokoshi – “Hang on!” I cried, raising him in my arms
假繃帶も彈丸の中 Karihōtai mo tama no naka – tending to his wounds with bullets still flying past us

折から起る吶喊に Ori kara okoru tokkan ni – Just at that moment our army’s charge broke through
友は漸う顏上げて Tomo wa yōyō kao agete - my comrade turned his face to the task at hand
「御國の爲だ構はずに "O-kuni no tame da kamawazu ni" – “It’s for the sake of the country, I’ll be fine.”
後れて呉れな」と目に涙 Okurete kure na" to me ni namida – “Do not tarry here” he said, tears in his eyes

後に心は殘れども Ato ni kokoro wa nokoredomo – Afterwards in spirit he may remain
殘しちやならぬ此の體 Nokoshicha naranu kono karada – But nothing would remain of him in body, I know
「それぢや行くよ」と別れたが "Sore ja yuku yo" to wakareta ga – “Then I shall go” I said and left him
永の別れとなつたのか Naga no wakare to natta no ka – but thus we were to part for eternity

戰濟んで日が暮れて Tatakai sunde hi ga kurete – After the fight and the sun went down
探しに戻る心では Sagashi ni modoru kokoro de wa – I returned to my comrade with a desperate heart
どうぞ生きて居て呉れよ Dōzo ikite ite kure yo – hoping to find him alive
物等言へと願ふたに Mononato ie to negōta ni - and able to speak

空しく冷えて魂は Munashiku hiete tamashii wa – But my wish was in vain, his body had lost its warmth and soul
故鄕へ歸つたポケットに Kuni e kaetta poketto ni – Already gone back to the Motherland
時計許りがコチコチと Tokei bakari ga kochikochi to – Only his pocket watch was still active
動いて居るも情無や Ugoite iru mo nasake naya – Tick-tocking to my intensified grief

思へば去年船出して Omoeba kyonen funade ****e – I met him last year on the ship
御國が見えず爲つた時 O-kuni ga miezu natta toki - On the sea of Genkai
玄界灘に手を握り Genkai-nada ni te wo nigiri - It was so far offshore the homeland was out of sight
名を名乘つたが始めにて Na wo nanotta ga hajime ni te – We shook hands and exchanged names

それより後は一本の Sore yori nochi wa ippon no – After, we got so friendly
煙草も二人分けて喫み Tabako mo futari wakete nomi – We shared cigarettes
着いた手紙も見せ合ふて Tsuita tegami mo miseōte – Even letter we received
身の上話繰り返し Minouebanashi kurikaeshi – And we shared stories of our respective lives

肩を抱いては口癖に Kata wo daite wa kuchiguse ni – We used to say to each other, hands around each-other’s shoulders
どうせ命はないものよ Dōse inochi wa naimono yo – “I have no hope to survive this war, so…”
死んだら骨を頼むぞと Shindara hone wo tanomu zo to - “Please take care of my bones.”
言い交はしたる二人仲 Iikawa****aru futari naka – So friendly we had been

思ひもよらず我一人 Omoi mo yorazu ware hitori – I had never imagined this would happen
不思議に命永らへて Fushigi ni inochi nagaraete – That only I would survive this war by fate
赤い夕陽の滿洲に Akai yūhi no Manshū ni – Or that I would dig a grave for my comrade
友の塚穴掘らうとは Tomo no tsukaana horō to wa – Under the red sunset of Manchuria

隈無く晴れた月今宵 Kumanaku hareta tsuki koyoi – This evening, under a perfectly clear moon
心染み染み筆執って Kokoro shimijimi fude totte – I take up the pen with the feeling of pity
友の最期を細々と Tomo no saigo wo komagoma to – And describe my comrade’s last moments
親御へ送る此の手紙 Oyago e okuru kono tegami – In this letter to his parents

筆の運びは拙いが Fude no hakobi wa tsutanai ga – While writing it with my poor handling of the pen
行燈の陰で親達の Andon no kage de oya-tachi no – I am deeply affected with the thought of the feeling his parents will experience
讀まるゝ心思ひ遣り Yomaruru kokoro omoiyari – When I read it by dim lamplight
思はず落とす一雫 Omowazu otosu hitoshizuku – I cannot stop a tear from falling

If you really wish to try to fit it in as battle music, here is a more upbeat version, and there are many different version you can listen to online:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWlv3USTIyM

EDIT:
Would also recommend the Japanese Army Review March and Warship March. Both marches lack lyrics, are big on brass, and were created during the late nineteenth century

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4viyTPzzzxI

At any rate, I'll stop hogging up the thread with videos now. I'd recommend the Fall of the Samurai Soundtrack, along with this channel which sports many Japanese military marches:
https://www.youtube.com/user/legendKuzorra/videos

@ Eyepet2010, we'll see, though bug hunting and adding new features is top priority right now.

@ The Great Dictator, thanks for the suggestion, I'll add them now.

Glad I could help.

That said, there's a fair amount of Japanese material to work with. The Chinese have a lot of good military/brass-band marches and songs too, unfortunately they're a little bit out of the time-scope of this mod, the really good marches and songs existing during the times of the Chinese Civil War and Second Sino-Japanese War.

The Qing Dynasty and Early Republic would fit the frame, but unfortunately good lyric-less marches and military songs from that time either didn't exist, or are difficult to locate on the internet. Still, I was able to sort of get something that fits, there was a song known simply at the Military Anthem of China, sported by the New Armies of the late Qing Dynasty. Sadly, I can't find the anthem by itself, but the anthem still exists  in different versions with a bunch of "packed on" material from either the nationalists or communists. An example of this is the "Three Rules and Eight Notices" song, and, thankfully I was able to find a version which lacks the added lyrics, and is solely brass-band.

We're still looking for anyone who'd like to scene for our new asian style nations, our current scener is playing catch up with the other nations and has his hands full.

Basically with a 2nd scener we can develop this module a lot faster.

In other news, the women of Calradia at last can breath a sigh of relief as they've gotten some era specific clothing and for some nations unique accessories. No longer are they dressed like their distant medieval ancestors.

First off, thank you SOOOO much for adding in Daehan and I have a few (Daehanese? Daehanan? You can decide :neutral: ) songs to show

National Anthem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBvh95hpJtA
This is really good ambience
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukt_blq9u5I
This is actual footage of the newsreel when their Emperor Sunjong died.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7xGg5GOfWU
More ambience
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XS3g6g362g
GREAT ambience and great pictures too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48CHfc4HjPo

Thank you for the music submissions so far guys, a few more Chinese suggestions (even Nationalist/Civil War era perhaps if Qing stuff is super rare) and we've got that front covered.

We still need a 2nd scener for the Eastern Nations. Our current one is overwhelmed and is still playing catch up with the Calradia nations. Getting a 2nd scener would help the development of the module quite a bit now.

Also, suggestions on two different African style states for perhaps the distant future would also help. Personally, I've been thinking of one state being a combination of Ethiopia with Zulu Kingdom style vassels and a sort of semi modernised North African Berber style state now. But what do you guys think/want?

Hell, at one point I was considering sort of modern romanised egypt style stae long ago in Imperial Age.

If you ask Frenzied will get around to eventually putting screenshots of the map on MOD DB soon.

I've been thinking that too, especially adding some sort of pseduo-Roman influences to their uniforms and including modern Green hoplite light infantry to the pseudo Ethiopia.

I also think we need a South American Argentina/Paraguay sort of nation to rival Sonora. Also for future factions possible some sort of Frontier themed Boer-esaqe nation and Maratha style Indians.

Gosh darn Marathas, soaking all the country's martial pride (and they say southerners aren't a martial people...)
Just wanted to say thank you so much for work on this mod, it looks and sounds incredible!

Maybe a Mamluk ran Egypt that still depends on heavy cavalry , some riflemen , but mostly archers , very basic and not really combat effective infantry . Pseudo Zulus that overthrew the Swadian rule and started to modernize , low tier units look very tribal and are very easy to kill , and high tier units take after their previous swadian overlords and are equiped with decent muskets , but aren't really proficient at them .

I don't know if there's a Prussian faction , but maybe a Chilean country would be good .

Pls release this .

Vaeya said:
Gosh darn Marathas, soaking all the country's martial pride (and they say southerners aren't a martial people...)
Just wanted to say thank you so much for work on this mod, it looks and sounds incredible!

Frenzied, onewildtexan for his scenes and the community that supports the sharing of many of the assets all should get equal props.

There is a small Prussian-esqe German state. As for the Zulu suggestion, we are certainly considering a lot of what if style choices reguarding how it happened in real life with potentional factions.

SeanBeansShako said:
Vaeya said:

Frenzied, onewildtexan for his scenes and the community that supports the sharing of many of the assets all should get equal props.

There is a small Prussian-esqe German state. As for the Zulu suggestion, we are certainly considering a lot of what if style choices reguarding how it happened in real life with potentional factions.

Neat , will this mod feature any rebelions as in can the Vageirs go communist , some monarchies go democratic , tribal and backward nations get modernised etc . Really eager to see this the lore is quite good and I love how detailed it is .

Maybe, maybe not. Aside from 1848 and the Paris Commune there really wasn't any large scale bloody nation changing up risings happening.

We're more concerned with finding ways for players to make money (tournies have been dropped) and scenes at this point.

Back
Top Bottom