[WB] Warband Script Enhancer v3.2.0 (21/07/2013)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tip of getting the 1.143. Will try immediately.
As for hacking, I do have legit versions of both M&B and Warband (1C russian editions) and I was forced to use some tricks to install mods which are designed for english versions. There was a method of shutting down level checks for M&B. As for getting 1.153 and NW over 1.143 Warband I saved registration info from the 1C build ('keys' branch) and applied it after all moves. No decompilation but just things made in correct order. I say it's not a pure hack because application is still binded with the hardware but DRM went down.

Cmp, forgive me stupid question, but how we can use this play_bink_file operation?
For example, I have a movie in the main module directory, my_first_intro.bik. How can I play it?
Do I have to use something like (play_bink_file, "bik_my_first_intro"), or maybe (play_bink_file, "my_first_intro.bik")?

Can you improve the (agent_set_max_hit_points,...) operation by increasing the allowed range value from 0...100 to 0...maybe 1000? Seeing there is no other way to increase the maximum hit point of a troop or agent. (Whoops, (troop_set_max_hit_points), no? )

Also, (agent_set_particle_effect, "agent_id", "particle id", " bone id"), , (destroy_the_scene_prop, "prop id"), and a possible proposal for a trigger.

"ti_on_message_written

Trigger param 1: written text, as in to check it with equal conditions.
Trigger param 2: writer id."

Barabas said:
Doesn't the game only allow for rotations of the bones and not displacements? I thought I read that somewhere in an animation tutorial. Of course it could have been wrong. ^^

Clarification: per-bone displacements (bone lengths or shapes, if you will) are defined in the skeletons.
The poses in the animations redefine only the rotations. 
So it is possible to customize displacements, but only per-skeleton.

No no. It was updated on June 8th, which is 08/06/2012 in dd/mm/yyyy and 06/08/2012 in mm/dd/yyyy. Today is August 6th, which is 06/08 in dd/mm/yyyy and 08/06/2012 in mm/dd/yyyy. The bolded date is how it appears in the title, so depending on which system to which a person is accustomed, they could think there was an update today.  :lol:

Cant get it to work at all! Had it running before  and was great. Now it keeps saying Entry point not found. the procedure entry point ?getDriverInfo@System@FMOD@@QAG?AW4FMOD_RESULT@@HPADHPAUFMOD_GUID@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library fmodex.dll.

I'm grumpy now!

5. Stay calm -

Modding, and some parts of coding in particular, can be exceedingly aggravating. If you've been working on some problem for several hours and it's driving you insane it would be very tempting to write a rant in your thread, blaming people left right and center - please don't. Don't write your thread title all in capitals and don't shout and scream - it's just going to get you ignored.

Are you trying to run WSE on 1.153? It's likely that fmodex.dll was updated. WSE works on 1.143 only.

Jamiek said:
Cant get it to work at all! Had it running before  and was great. Now it keeps saying Entry point not found. the procedure entry point ?getDriverInfo@System@FMOD@@QAG?AW4FMOD_RESULT@@HPADHPAUFMOD_GUID@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library fmodex.dll.

I'm grumpy now!

Wow... So it's true. How many keys have you bought, mate? :smile:
There are so many games in there that almost looks obscene.

PhhLu.png

Swyter said:
Jamiek said:

I'm grumpy now!

Wow... So it's true. How many keys have you bought, mate? :smile:
There are so many games in there that almost looks obscene.

Can you please locate the key of each game?

everytime i open WSE, after the bink paradox/taleworlds video wse crashes and game doens't open,

wse crash log:

Time: 13/08/2012 17:48:03
Type: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
> Stack trace
0x0058219F mb_warband.exe+0x18219F (??+0x0)
0x0058219F mb_warband.exe+0x18219F (??+0x0)

what's the prob? :c

In an effort to get WSE mods playable on 1.153 (without a full parallel installation of 1.143), I tinkered this week and discovered the above fmodex.dll issue and that the new versions updated fmodex.dll file. So, two 1.143 files are needed for WSE to work: mb_warband.exe and fmodex.dll  mb_warband.exe can be renamed anything and, so long as you launch the WSELoader with the -p argument, the no one's the wiser and all is good. However, fmodex.dll must be in the main Warband folder with the warband.exe and cannot be renamed.

I tried to get around this using a .bat file to copy a 1.143 .dll file into the Warband folder on launch, monitoring the Task List until the 1.143 .exe disappears, and then copying the 1.153 .dll back. That works, so long as the user has read/write access to their Warband folder, which folks installing Warband to Program Files won't have automatically.

Long story short, two questions:
1) can the WSELoader be modified to direct the warband.exe to a re-named fmodex.dll file? If so, cmp would this be easy to do and would you consider providing such a modification to allow WSE use on 1.153 installations without folks needing a separate installation?
2) If not the above, do folks know if I compiled an actual .exe in C/Python/Basic (rather than a simple .bat), would it be possible to avoid the read/write restrictions of the copy-paste operations I experienced in the .bat?

cRPG already uses 1), but I'm not sure if it's enabled in the regular loader. Basically you need to rename your 1.143 .exe to mb_warband_old.exe and your 1.143 fmodex.dll to fmodex_old.dll and it will use those if it finds an incompatible version.
If it doesn't work tell me so I can update the loader with the latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom