[WB][S]Europe in Flames : Old main Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you plan future expansion, north africa, eastern europe (balkans, russia, baltic etc)?
If you need help in such manners count on me if you want for historical accuration etc (I can show some diplomas and so, also some historical competition prices)

Vulkashin said:
Do you plan future expansion, north africa, eastern europe (balkans, russia, baltic etc)?
If you need help in such manners count on me if you want for historical accuration etc (I can show some diplomas and so, also some historical competition prices)

Thx so much, don't doubt i will count on you :smile:

hi

I'm working actually in the expansion of the map. I can confirm the new Nations added to the actuals are:

Russia
Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
Ottoman Empire (Europe)
Kingdom of France
Kingdom of England
Plus the Spanish possesions at the Iberian Penninsula and Italy.

There will be some new features, like a whole redesign of the recruitment system maybe based on Regiments, inspired by TotSK.
Trying to implement Diplomacy and Freelancer too.

I have some reports about crash problems with the cannons. I really don't know what can cause that, all my tests are ok, but i will try to find the bug.

regards

Hi
Some people has experienced game crashes at open field combat, specially with cannons with the 1.1 version.

I'm afraid about this, but i'm not able to find where's the problem; please, give me a clue about it. Screenshot of the game crash text, version you uses, system info, or something like that.

Meanwhile, please use the version 1.0 which was a stable version (yes, with some bugs) , untill i release the next.

Thank you and again, sorry about the inconvenience.

Cannons are not the most favourite part of the mod for me, its like there is no point in using them, if they were player operatable they would be good, but it just explodes in a random place.

BerserkerRezo said:
Cannons are not the most favourite part of the mod for me, its like there is no point in using them, if they were player operatable they would be good, but it just explodes in a random place.
but their are quite fun  :grin:

Jatynski said:
hi

I'm working actually in the expansion of the map. I can confirm the new Nations added to the actuals are:

Russia
Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
Ottoman Empire (Europe)
Kingdom of France
Kingdom of England
Plus the Spanish possesions at the Iberian Penninsula and Italy.

There will be some new features, like a whole redesign of the recruitment system maybe based on Regiments, inspired by TotSK.
Trying to implement Diplomacy and Freelancer too.

I have some reports about crash problems with the cannons. I really don't know what can cause that, all my tests are ok, but i will try to find the bug.

regards

Please allow us to still recruit professional troops without having to join a faction.

Annibal at Portas said:
Please allow us to still recruit professional troops without having to join a faction.

Mercenaries are professional troops (perfects for people who don't want to join a faction).  Faction troops are for factions armies, and historically, that's the reality.

Hello EIF players !!

Today i present officially to you the new :
"Europe in Flames: Enhanced and Expanded"

Based on the MS of Warband Enhanced, i have added the most important features already presents at EIF, and now i can confirm which are the news ones for the Alpha version:

-Diplomacy

-Freelancer

-New Recruitment System

-And a lot more of mini-mods (colored faction chat, expanded troop tree, etc.)

New brand features: (already implemented)
-Military ranks

-Own Regimental System

-Standard Bearers

-A lot more of uniforms, firearms, coldarms, etc. from WFAS.

I am working actually with the help of a little team of people who has offered to help me on enhance the gameplay experience of EIF (retexture of some items, scripting, historichal advisoring, etc).

The coding is almost finished, and the next are the new animations, smoke and sound effects, psys, etc.

In a few weeks, EIF: EnEx will be ready for testing. We will keep you informed !!!

Regards

Dangerdude said:
That's awesome. But how will the standard bearers work?

Well, they port a Standard  :fruity:. Their rol atm is only to inmerse player in the scenes. I have to work in some class of "taunting" or morale overhaul.

There are two types of flags: a regimental flag (with the player banner) and a nation flag (with the faction banner):every regiment will have both of them .

Dangerdude said:
BerserkerRezo said:
but their are quite fun  :grin:

I have yet to download the mod yet but how do cannons work in this mod? I'm always a bit skeptical as the engine and AI seem not to be able to use artillery at all in other mods and it usually leads to your artillery indiscriminately killing everyone, including your units. The uncontrollable artillery has me even more concerned about this. :razz:

EleSigma said:
I have yet to download the mod yet but how do cannons work in this mod? I'm always a bit skeptical as the engine and AI seem not to be able to use artillery at all in other mods and it usually leads to your artillery indiscriminately killing everyone, including your units. The uncontrollable artillery has me even more concerned about this. :razz:

Yes you are right, the friendly fire kill everyone.

But it's a reallistic feature. Artillery fire at distance and with a big damage radius, so they can't control who kills or not.

Player strategy here is important; where to send your units and when. Also, at this era , armies hadn't good comunications such today, and a commander couldn't say artillery when o where fire, or stopping.

Still in actuality there are a lot of FF kills caused by bombing.

Anyway, players are free to hire artillery or not.

No, it's Warband, but EIF uses elements from WFAS, mainly visual (same era) : most of buildings, weapons and uniforms.

Jatynski said:
No, it's Warband, but EIF uses elements from WFAS, mainly visual (same era) : most of buildings, weapons and uniforms.
Yes, currently we are working with the uniforms from WFaS, but we hope we will be able to create our own uniforms in the future

Jatynski said:
Hello EIF players !!

Today i present officially to you the new :
"Europe in Flames: Enhanced and Expanded"

Based on the MS of Warband Enhanced, i have added the most important features already presents at EIF, and now i can confirm which are the news ones for the Alpha version:

-Diplomacy

-Freelancer

-New Recruitment System

-And a lot more of mini-mods (colored faction chat, expanded troop tree, etc.)

New brand features: (already implemented)
-Military ranks

-Own Regimental System

-Standard Bearers

-A lot more of uniforms, firearms, coldarms, etc. from WFAS.

I am working actually with the help of a little team of people who has offered to help me on enhance the gameplay experience of EIF (retexture of some items, scripting, historichal advisoring, etc).

The coding is almost finished, and the next are the new animations, smoke and sound effects, psys, etc.

In a few weeks, EIF: EnEx will be ready for testing. We will keep you informed !!!

Regards

Will the "military revolution" be represented in the mod? Such as the standardization of arms and uniforms that began around the 1630's? I know that it's a bit a-historical since time moves so slow in warband, but this was a big development to come out this century as armies became much larger, expensive, harder to supply and move and governments became more centralized to improve income and efficiency.

If so I think it should implemented like how some mods handle modernization, through the construction of all buildings in a town/castle you could eventually get the option to modernize the military in that town, at a very high price. This would replace the early 17th century units, armor, weapons, and cannons with later 17th century armor, weapons, and cannons in that territory and its fiefs. This would allow countries to slowly modernize and give something for a player to do during the late game while controlling a country instead of just continually fighting and conquering. :smile:

Naturally some towns/castles would start the game with some structures already built as technological progress wasn't uniform across Europe. By the late game an AI controlled Ottoman Empire would probably start to fall behind other AI controlled countries, for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom