B Fantasy [WB] GRIM AGE - Skirmish MOD is CLOSED

Users who are viewing this thread

Isilendis said:
1-hand crossbows are a great idea, roleplaying as a Witch Hunter would be sweet  :mrgreen:.
You can't play as Witch Hunter in single. In early Skirmish also.

Isilendis said:
Tho i was wondering is dual wield possible, like 1-hand crossbow and a sword ??? If shield bash was already done, maybe dual wield can be done too ???
Normal dual wielding in MnB... I didn't saw it. I was see only synchronous dual actions(not sure... it was star wars bear force or something like that), but it's not enough.

Isilendis said:
@YourStepDad 

I'm posting on 9-10 different parts of the forum and never ever did spread "negative misinformation" or said mods were dead, you have clearly mistaken me for someone else. If you find one only one post where i said the mod is dead, i'm personally going to call the admins and tell them to ban me this instant. Also on every other forum people are mature and friendly, you can discuss about mods, off-topic stuff, basically anything.

Here on the other hand you are bashing me for no apparent reason and you are picking on me just because there is bad blood between our two countries, and if i say something back, i'm the bad guy and i get punished. I thought you were more mature for a 32 year old guy, but i was clearly mistaken. Just don't reply to my posts and i will not reply to yours. Lets just end this childish bickering right here, right now.

You trolled an already annoyed mod dev on the way to expiation thread, and you are constantly warned and had a mute. Maturity. Right.

Bashing you for no apparent reason - untrue. As I said, I may have overreacted, but it wasn't entirely uncalled for. I smelled a start of your trolling shenanigans and I have reacted.

Bashing you...because there is bad blood between our countries?

Take my word for it when I tell you that up until today I had no idea of your nationality, nor did I care. And I never realized that faded background behind the soldier in your avatar was actually a Serbian flag.

You do realize you are the one who brought nationality into this first, right? Even edited your post solely for that.

I do not have a single problem with Serbs, and I have communicated with a lot of you on these forums. Exchanged a few suggestions with Zimke, and took part in a Yugoslavian tournament team for a short while. Made two friends on these forums who are Serbs.

Now all you should do, is check the last few pages of the Way to Expiation mod thread, and realize why you're in my bad books. Should also make you rethink your silly idea of admins being abusive.

I think that the new armor thing could work, as long as the super heavy armor is super expensive and not too strong... and if once the armor breaks, you still have some of the traditional armor that reduces damage.

My opinion is - idea with new armor system is not good.
It was not sure about it and put it into discussion to see different angles of view.
Now I know - this system will not be included.
Only one reason why i don't start new pool with skirmish mods is need to detalize they more.

Furok said:
My opinion is - idea with new armor system is not good.
It was not sure about it and put it into discussion to see different angles of view.
Now I know - this system will not be included.
Only one reason why i don't start new pool with skirmish mods is need to detalize they more.

Take your time :grin: The more effort you put into the mod, the better it gets :grin:

And BTW:
Hazzardevil said:
Furok, how did you work out that you are 27% done?
I too wonder how you came to "27% done"  :lol:

Furok said:
5. Train Wars

The really big cart with treasures or a few of them SLOWLY moving from middle of the road. Road between two camps.
In first camp Team A.
In other camp Team B.
When somebody from A near and nobody from B near the cart it moves to side A. And inversly. When near the cart two teams - it stands still.
The main idea is to control cart so long to let it make their pass to your camp. Respawn after 5 sec in your camp if you die.
It's something like tug of war.

Hope you catch the idea.
Cool idea, but it would need some tweaking IMO.

The team to win the initial push for the cart would have a substantial advantage over the other team, because they would spawn closer and closer to the cart as it progressed. Meanwhile the other team would keep spawning farther and farther away, essentially ensuring their defeat.

An alternative could be having the cart be a negative(be filled with explosives or something like that) and have the teams attempting to push it into their opponent's camp. This would (hopefully) prevent the game from snowballing after the first push.

TheMouthOfSouron said:
Furok said:
5. Train Wars

The really big cart with treasures or a few of them SLOWLY moving from middle of the road. Road between two camps.
In first camp Team A.
In other camp Team B.
When somebody from A near and nobody from B near the cart it moves to side A. And inversly. When near the cart two teams - it stands still.
The main idea is to control cart so long to let it make their pass to your camp. Respawn after 5 sec in your camp if you die.
It's something like tug of war.

Hope you catch the idea.
Cool idea, but it would need some tweaking IMO.

The team to win the initial push for the cart would have a substantial advantage over the other team, because they would spawn closer and closer to the cart as it progressed. Meanwhile the other team would keep spawning farther and farther away, essentially ensuring their defeat.

An alternative could be having the cart be a negative(be filled with explosives or something like that) and have the teams attempting to push it into their opponent's camp. This would (hopefully) prevent the game from snowballing after the first push.
I smell TF2 in the air.

patrikgw said:
I smell TF2 in the air.
While it resembles some of TF2's gamemodes, it deviates itself from them, as the cart modes in TF2 have either 2 carts(one for each team) or a set attacker and defender. Although I may be mistaken; I haven't played TF2 since it went F2P.

TheMouthOfSouron said:
patrikgw said:
I smell TF2 in the air.
While it resembles some of TF2's gamemodes, it deviates itself from them, as the cart modes in TF2 have either 2 carts(one for each team) or a set attacker and defender. Although I may be mistaken; I haven't played TF2 since it went F2P.
Well, it's probably the funnest gamemode in TF 2, and I was just recently think of how fun something like that would be in MnB.

6. Siege

Classical siege. But more provincial. Not stone castle but fortified empire village with some destructable elements.
Village with a lot of peasants inside and a handful of defenders(players).
Attackers(players) who have additional marauder-bots spawning from many points must kill all inside.
Not sure now, but maybe it will be not one charge but waves of attacks.

Furok said:
6. Siege

Classical siege. But more provincial. Not stone castle but fortified empire village with some destructable elements.
Village with a lot of peasants inside and a handful of defenders(players).
Attackers(players) who have additional marauder-bots spawning from many points must kill all inside.
Not sure now, but maybe it will be not one charge but waves of attacks.

Really cool idea. As always :wink:

It would greatly enhance the atmosphere but there are gameplay issues with it:

In single player the AI will see through it, even friendly AI, so only the Player will be clueless, his army will still find/shoot every enemy. (like in the thick fog in Native)

In multiplayer, well, the proof of the pudding is in the eating  :smile:

High grass seems very interesting in multiplayer, but as all things it needs balance. Just make sure to have those areas fairly few and not deathly obvious. E.g. That odd patch of giant grass in which if someone throws a rock in there it's bound to hit something.

Back
Top Bottom