B Fantasy [WB] GRIM AGE - Skirmish MOD is CLOSED

Users who are viewing this thread

First of all I'm sure not trying to make it all in first release.
It's a list for future voting.
Most voted modes(type of game, not modification) will be release first.

Sure in retreat mode empire is always retreat and chaos attack, I was make little mistake when typing.

Default game modes sure will stay here. I'm talking only about new modes.

I think a game mode with waves of invaders is an imperative for Warhammer universe.

Just imagine a small group of Empire soldiers struggling to survive the vast hordes of Norsca and Chaos, with the horde getting better troops each turn.

WANTZ.

4. Defend the village
Attackers need to loot and burn village.
Defenders try to defend key objects from destruction.
Money in this mode getting more from looting stores than from killing enemies.
In armory you can get some free equip, in treasury some money, in grocer you can restore some HP etc.
There will be many objects in village to loot and defenders can choose what is more important to defend. They may try to defend all objects in the same time, but if attackers will choose one or two objects to attack by ignoring others - they will crush few defenders of any object.
This was objects to loot. Also game target in destructing some key buildings. Loot objects must be destructed too, but if you make it too early it will be hard to play without support.

YourStepDad Sure mode with growing waves of enemies (bots or players not too important now) will be included in voting list.

You said the team composition will be up to the players, though what will determine this? Will there be a single player spending points of some kind?

I was wondering if you could put in Bretonnia. It would be awesome to have that faction riding in with their warhorses and lances .

Phalanx300, it will depends of how many basic troops already taking a part in battle. Than more basic troops, than more elite troops. For example, if you already have 10 spearmans in team, 11 th player could choose a greatsword to play as.

I wondered because Furok said you could have a small elite army with champions or a large army with marauders. Though this sounds more balanced I gues.

Where we talking about single and where about MP?

Phalanx300 said:
I wondered because Furok said you could have a small elite army with champions or a large army with marauders. Though this sounds more balanced I gues.
This I said about single.

And what spending points is? I don't understand :cry:

I love the nurgle champion design concept, theres a damn good reason the empire fears chaos! I imagine you wont be seeing 20 of them since their a champion after all so they dont sound social.

The champion will prolly lead a large band of chaff with a core of decent units. The empire defeats large powerful units like this with mixed unit tactics and massively casualties, send in your spearmen to distract him while your ranged units easily fire on the towering figure or go in as a hero of sigmar and do 1 on 1 combat!

Furok said:
Where we talking about single and where about MP?

Phalanx300 said:
This I said about single.

And what spending points is? I don't understand :cry:

With spending points I mean for example the Empire team gets 150 points and one guy gets chosen to distribute the points. So 30 to Spearmen, 30 to Swordsman etc. And based on that the team composition would be chosen.

Alright, so I just made an account to say I'm super pumped for this mod and from all the screenshots and discussion about the features it's pretty clear that you're doing an excellent job at capturing what a Warhammer mod should be all about.
I wish I could help with programming or art or anything but that'd be an excercise in folly.
Just wanted to shout out some support and praise. Can't wait for it to be finished.

Phalanx300 When I hear "team"... so it's about multiplayer.
When I told about army of marauders of few champs I was talking about singleplayer.

Skirmish description tell us:
a) Restrict the number of class definition: to diversify tactics in a "Battle" mode and to limit the number of strong characters.
Commanders: units, present on battlefield in solus. Have tremendous power, abilities, and not revived until the next round in
death case.

So we have one commander.
And we have strong classes like pistolier, greatsword and some knights.
They can be choose with formula: +1 additional pistolier unit can be use when number of standart troops(standart infantry and ranged) more than N.
Example. For any 4 simple units 1 more pistolier avalible to hire to NEW player.
And for any 7 simple units 1 more knight avalible to hire to NEW player.
And for any 2 simple units 1 more greatsword avalible to hire to NEW player.
And for any 10 simple units 1 more battle priest avalible to hire to NEW joined player.
If you just log out number of needed simple units will fall... hope you understand.

Also. All those numbers with 90% will be taken from troop slots from unit stats.
If Nurgle Champ need 15 troop slots it mean in skirmish we can get champ with any new 15 players with simple classes.

Or maybe more complex. 15 simple for one champ or 7 middle classes who use 2 slots. It still under discussion.

Furok I have a personal question for you.

Your forum link is Russian so is there anywhere I can go to monitor your progress/join in the community of your mod that is English?

Furok said:
4. Defend the village
In armory you can get some free equip, in treasury some money, in grocer you can restore some HP etc.
There will be many objects in village to loot and defenders can choose what is more important to defend. They may try to defend all objects in the same time, but if attackers will choose one or two objects to attack by ignoring others - they will crush few defenders of any object.
This was objects to loot. Also game target in destructing some key buildings. Loot objects must be destructed too, but if you make it too early it will be hard to play without support.
The Vikingr mod has a game mode like this. Perhaps you could contact their team for the coding.

SirAgmund said:
Furok said:
4. Defend the village
The Vikingr mod has a game mode like this. Perhaps you could contact their team for the coding.

I was actually just downloading that mod. What is the name of the game mod do you recall? (Is it SP or MP?)

Vikingr is strictly MP. The Game mode was called "Raid" I believe. I haven't seen it in recent updates and map rotations, though. The code may be a little outdated but it's still viable, I'm sure.

SirAgmund said:
Vikingr is strictly MP. The Game mode was called "Raid" I believe. I haven't seen it in recent updates and map rotations, though. The code may be a little outdated but it's still viable, I'm sure.

Quick question do you know of any released Warhammer 40k based mods? (I know of Warsword Conquest) I see you are active in several forums based on these types of mods and was wondering if you had any ones I have not seen yet.

List of ones I know: Grim Age, Warsword, Battle For Imperium

Back
Top Bottom