SP Native [WB] Freelancer II

Users who are viewing this thread

" You were told to get back to the front, you did what you were told, you lived and died for your Lord, You were a mercenary for hire but you had your own agenda, your mind was on one thing..."

Years have passed, many companions have you sided with, many Lords had you served. But with no purpose, all you had was a few denar on your person and if you were lucky.. a promotion or two.
Why? Are you a loyal servant, a money grabbing, power hungry lost soul or do you have a purpose?

Again that word, it comes to you again and again.. Purpose.. What is it? Although again I'm still a freelancer. Is my purpose in life based on something? Is my life based on Loyalty or Corruption.. Or Both?!

fl2_lanc_by_joo1973-dbi21u5.png

Freelancer II in development.

- Join Lords not  by running after them but by finding jobs in the towns.
- New ranking system where your promoted due to skill levels.
- Factions remember your last rank - (not just the faction you work for)
- Gain renown for your actions in quests or the battlefield
- Gain small amounts of honor when completing tasks
- Gain Controversy when completing some tasks
- Help your Lord get what he wants, in any way necessary

More to come.

- Gothy :mrgreen:

Major Credit to Liefden & Windyplains for the Oathbound system (Freelancer Modified)
also to Diplomacy 4.3 mrcmod team and all past and present supporters and Developers of Freelancer.

*EDIT: As this MOD is basically a continuation of the Oathbound system, Windyplains will be credited as a developer along with Liefden. I have gone through the Oathbound system and I am majorly impressed with the Silverstag Dev Teams adaptation of my mod and I can state that I have been given full permission to use the Oath System as whole or part within Freelancer II, I will be making Freelancer II a Open Source Project and would be more than happy to have other coders join me in making our Freelance dream come true.. again.

-- UPDATES --

Update on progression - 19 Aug 2017

• Currently converting Oathbound System into the Module system.
  • Will release a compiled module of Oathbound with Native as a teaser shortly as soon as I can pry it from Silverstags systems. ( WindyPlains OSP version)

GL. I hope there is a downloadable version that I can incorporate into an already existing mod. I've strung Diplomacy, OSP, and a few other minor mods together.

Great news, take a look at this mod too, http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320580.msg7575120.html#msg7575120
It would be interesting to have missions to patrol the city in search of bandits / spies and something else taking advantage of the size of the city.  :roll:

Could you implement the Custom Troop Tree Mod made by MitchellD too? It already includes Diplomacy! :smile:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees

This mod is quite revolutionary because it is something we have wanted in a very long time. We can finally have our own troop culture and customize what they wear into battle. Your kingdom finally has an identity.

Does anyone know how to reverse engineer Mod Source? I'm having a prick of a time doing it.. As it seems I've been away too long again. Had some trouble with my op.. Don't worry it was just my heart.. meh who needs one, mines black anyways... back to the post... I've been dabbling with some ideas by playing some mods that have been released, some with Freelancer in them and some not. Also been catching up on the modding guidelines.. geeze go away for a while then everyones got the heebee geebees about content copyright. Meh it's the soft cock world we live in I suppose .. Anywho, I'm still alive, still working on ideas and code.. Going to try and rebuild Freelancer from the ground up again, maybe even have it out before Bannerlord is released LOL (sniggers) .

SO .. Any help with the getting the modmerger files back into the actual module system would be awesome. I hope I don't have to buy the rights to any of Diplomacy to add to the new FL ( kidding)

Faithfully Yours

Gothy  :mrgreen:

So is there any way I can get my hands on the code? I ve wanted to add a freelancer mechanic to my mod, I might just use the old one but I was planning on making some changes.
Where is the most up to date freelancer code? I ve seen 1.51 would that be it?

Thanks

elcapo29 said:
So is there any way I can get my hands on the code? I ve wanted to add a freelancer mechanic to my mod, I might just use the old one but I was planning on making some changes.
Where is the most up to date freelancer code? I ve seen 1.51 would that be it?

Thanks

If you have the Floris mod pack, it has the code from 1.51 including some fixes.  It's OSP so you should be able to use it without any problems so long as you give credit if you release your mod.

Back
Top Bottom