SP Medieval Fantasy [WB] Eternal Eclipse

Users who are viewing this thread

yHPCr.png

The skies above you turn sanguine, stygian clouds lock together to block the sun and the halcyon days of ages past are now long overdue. It's as the preachers said; century of the Dusk Messiah and overlord anew. Born through flame, baptised in war and crowned in twilight. The chants of the Dark Cathedral are of joyous cheer as the choir is ever louder to the point of deafening. Even the simple townspeople are aware, change is coming to the world for the bells are ringing and the bats of the cathedral are leaving. No matter, it is a new era ripe with opportunities arisen which exist to be taken.

Eternal Eclipse  is a medieval age inspired fantasy mod for Mount&Blade Warband aiming to introduce two things to the current game experience; innovation and aesthetics.
So far, it is a one-man team and is looking for members specifically coders, mappers and modelers (mostly coders).
Though as a project it is a bit ambitious it will function within certain parameters. One of those is if it fails all resources will be donated to other mods and perhaps some released as OSP.
It is absolutely not a large or total conversion mod as it started as a mini-mod and its features are befitting and can only be achieved through a smaller size campaign map.​

Mod Features
-Storyline complete with basic plotline and sidequests
-No more lords; now there's only heroes and villains. They have special items, increased health and dialogue among other things
-Three basic kingdoms with two basic fortresses and settlements each: Levant (humans), Elovan (vampiress, human traitors), Kerveros (tribals)
-Unique weapons, items and locations
-Spellcasting
-New companions
-Small redesigned campaign map
-Minor factions instead of bandits
-Joinable guilds (4 planned so far)

Team Members and Contributors
-Something Unusual (coder)
-The Dark Robin (mapper)

Credits
-Barf for skeletons and skeletal horse as well as a few other models
-Berserker Pride for permission to use some assets from ROTB
-andrewraphaellukasik on moddb for providing some base campaign textures
-Heroes of Might and Magic 5 for being a rather large influence (mainly for the artstyle)
will add more later

Progress so Far
Currently working on map icons complete with animations and the like. Here's a screen and a gif of one of the guild parties moving around:
URRbo.png
lYcsf.gif
We've added campaign decisions!

Support signature
yHPCr.png

Paste this code into your forum signature (accessed via your profile) to help the mod become popular:
Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,295181.0.html][IMG]https://tw.greywool.com/i/yHPCr.png[/IMG][/url]

Good luck, I can't do too much at this stage, but if you need help scene building, I'd be happy to help.

Hmm, nice. I like how you're adding a storyline, as well as replacing the whole setup of lords, although that will take a while to do. Good luck. :smile:

Something unusual said:
Love the idea of the mod. Especially how there will only be a few kingdoms and small map, which most mods do not have. Good luck!
Thank you!
The Dark Robin said:
Hmm, nice. I like how you're adding a storyline, as well as replacing the whole setup of lords, although that will take a while to do. Good luck. :smile:
I didn't mention but heroes/villains are gonna be a significantly smaller number than what the lords currently amount to.
DoctorPainkiller said:
Good luck, I can't do too much at this stage, but if you need help scene building, I'd be happy to help.
Thanks for the offer but right now I'm doing all the scene building. If it ever gets to the point we're in need I'll contact you :razz:

Good news! I've been contacted by two coders so far who are eager to help out with some features. What we are also in need of is modelers. I've been doing all the modeling work and it slows me down because I pay too much attention to detail and have too many resources to make. If any assistance is provided and we get some helping hands it would speed up the process a lot. If you are interested, please don't hesitate to shoot me a pm :wink:

Announcement!
So guys, we're working really hard on this and will provide full update pics soon enough but we are in serious need of a uvmapper for now. We're not requiring you to join the team, just to help us out by some contributions.
If you can uvmap models or have experience with planning out good uvmaps in general please pm me to work out the details.

Anyway here's a little something to show off for now since it's been a while. You will encounter a lot of these choices during the campaign. It helps spice up the monotony of the game a little bit:
EerZW.jpg

ThaneWulfgharn said:
That Map Icon Guy is from Heroes V! Interesting how you animated it.
It's a model I made inspired from Heroes V. And yeah, animations was a bit of a pain in the ass but I figured it out.

Anyway, we're still looking for someone to help with texturing map icons so if you can do that please either post here or better yet send me a pm.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

So I have been working on this madly but I cannot show my new models yet. Let's just say I've figured out the way the map can be completely revamped but I need a mapper.
Anyone experienced with Throrgrim's map editor or any other map making program is welcome to help me. If this happens a large presentation with lots of very interesting pics will come a long since I do have the content required but lacking the actual map.

Anyone interested please contact me via PM or post here and I'll get back to you.

Can't wait for a preview.
Since it's Heroes of Might and Magic based I'll follow this mod very closely. Maybe lend a hand if things go on well (but not on the map, can't do that).

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Can't wait for a preview.
Since it's Heroes of Might and Magic based I'll follow this mod very closely. Maybe lend a hand if things go on well (but not on the map, can't do that).
It's not based on HoMM at all, it's only one of the sources of inspiration. I have set as a foundation my own lore.

Btw, The Dark Robin has joined in the position of mapper so we can now progress.

Really interesting mod. Can't wait to see it released!
But, why don't you post some screens of some models in the mod? I would like to particularly see some vampires :grin:

Back
Top Bottom