SP Modern [WB] Civil War in Russia 1917-1922 start porting to Warband and recruiting!

Users who are viewing this thread

jvad97 said:
Is that possible to download this great mod :wink:? Any links or something :wink:?

Thanks for such a high appreciation)) This mod is still under construction, but quite playable already/
Link to donwload: https://mega.nz/#!tQwXHZDS!CQmL01B_SmkLL685P5IO59d3My0rkYE_P9KzqJdCvFw

Thanks for your help :wink: Well, Im still playing it on old M&B 1.1011 ver, it will be great experience to play with Warband :wink:

jvad97 said:
Thanks for your help :wink: Well, Im still playing it on old M&B 1.1011 ver, it will be great experience to play with Warband :wink:

Well, the main advantage of the Warband version in comparison with M&B 1.011 is that no more medieval castle town sieges, all assaults shifted form vertical into horizontal, as well as in Outpost assaults.

It seems that in the modernized scene release, though, all the regular city scenes that used to be medieval but weren't yet modernized (like Moscow) were replaced by a flat plane of featurelessness.

scrdest said:
It seems that in the modernized scene release, though, all the regular city scenes that used to be medieval but weren't yet modernized (like Moscow) were replaced by a flat plane of featurelessness.

Yes, you are right. All this will be fixed gradually in further versions. But as you've probably noticed main assault locations for city sieges are modernized now (the first and the most important step of any city assualt , "city walls).

Rockwell said:
scrdest said:

Yes, you are right. All this will be fixed gradually in further versions. But as you've probably noticed main assault locations for city sieges are modernized now (the first and the most important step of any city assualt , "city walls).
Didn't get to sieges yet, so cannot really comment. The cities that are modernized already are great, though.

Can't you just add regular town scenes, at least to the release if that's a scene-making thing? I don't know how city scenes are packaged together, but an empty plane of nothingness is more jarring to me than a medieval scene.

Concerning the gameplay.

As soon as I’ve mentioned before this mod should become something like a classical ROPG with a main (global) quest despite of the Main Hero faction affiliation and plenty of secondary and supplementary quests and missions, I’ve decided to start with a storyline elaboration.

If honestly, I’ve got a bit tired of a Warband traditional character’s creation when you are forced to choose the character’s origin, bind him/her to the concrete Factional entry point into the game with a mandatory fight against a bandit in some alley and a further begging of some Factional trader to free his kidnapped brother. Therefore I’ve decided to refuse from the character’s family, childhood and adolescence options, as well as from reasons why he/she jumped into this adventure, and limited the whole option with the player’s gender only.

But what is to be done next? Because the very first game stage is very important to create the story plot, the intrigue for the further game development.

And then my good friend Ruslan Brut (Руслан Брат) had suggested an admiring idea: to make the main hero as a “попаданец” (the “external visito»r, or just a «visitor”). I’m not sure how it would sound in English, but here the “visitor” means a person who appears somehow in another epoch or century and, judging plenty of novels (like William R. Forstchen’s “The Lost Regiment” Series, Harry Turtledove’s “The Misplaced Legion” etc) tries either to change this period of time actively or, at least, to survive there.

Following this idea, I’ve started to make a new storyline.

So, imagine: one nice summer day of 2015…

Having nothing except some strange outfit, the hero decides to visit the abandoned settlement.

He’s searching, and, at last, finds a shell box in the haystack,

And takes the content of the box…

After that the hero presses Tab, leaving the settlement, and appears on the global map Hell knows where on 17th April 1919. The settlement disappears.

The entry point is not fixed but floating, each time on another spot (like it was in the Mount&Blade Classic), so there is no any initial Factional preference.
And the main quest is clear: the hero has to find out how he/she appears in this realm and how to return back to his world.
For sure, this is just a “skeletal plot’, the textual and graphical content should be developed, you can find other items in the box etc. But first step is made, and as wise Chinese people said, the way of 1000 lee starts with the first step.

The motto of this mod reflects its storyline: Change the Past to Fix the Present! And if you have no opportunity to change anything in the real life, hope you don’t mind to make this at least in some virtual imaginary realm?))

Great to see that this mod is still getting ported to Warband, I remember its previous incarnation as one of the best gunpowder-heavy mods for the original M&B. If I may ask a question: will the various secessionist nations (both the successful ones like the 2nd Polish Republic & failed ones like the UNR or Georgia) make an appearance?

gorjak said:
Great to see that this mod is still getting ported to Warband, I remember its previous incarnation as one of the best gunpowder-heavy mods for the original M&B. If I may ask a question: will the various secessionist nations (both the successful ones like the 2nd Polish Republic & failed ones like the UNR or Georgia) make an appearance?

That's the great thing about this mod, there's so much potential content to work with. Since the time period is set around 1917-1922, the mod could also feature the many RSFSR expansionist conflicts such as the, as you said, Polish-Soviet war or Invasion of Georgia.

That, and there are tons of interventionists nations that could be represented.

On that note, any chance we could see the Empire of Japan involved? From my understanding, they fielded the most soldiers during the intervention, followed by the Czechoslovak Legion, which also could make for a good idea to include. That, and the Chinese Beiyang forces would be cool (although admittedly they played only a minor role)

Thanks for your support and comments, friends - I really appreciate them)

But I can repeat once again the issue I've expressed thousand times before - please do not consider this mod as an interactive textbook of the Russian history. This is JUST A GAME in the entourage of the Russian Civil War with an alternative geography and history. And again, there'll be 6 main factions: Reds, Whites, Makhno Realm, Bukhara Emirate, Kaiserreich and Entente, no more. No Japanese, no Chinese, no UNR, no Belarus, no Polish, no Zulu, no Martian, no Klingon, no Jedies and other factions in this game))

Forget about realism, mates, otherwise each game should be finished with a total victory of Bolsheviks dispite of player's efforts)) Consider this as just a game)

I'm well aware that the mod is simply based upon the setting, and not a textbook historical representation. I was simply just tossing a few ideas as a demonstration of my enthusiasm for the setting.

Rockwell said:

But I can repeat once again the issue I've expressed thousand times before - please do not consider this mod as an interactive textbook of the Russian history. This is JUST A GAME in the entourage of the Russian Civil War with an alternative geography and history. And again, there'll be 6 main factions: Reds, Whites, Makhno Realm, Bukhara Emirate, Kaiserreich and Entente, no more. No Japanese, no Chinese, no UNR, no Belarus, no Polish, no Zulu, no Martian, no Klingon, no Jedies and other factions in this game))

Forget about realism, mates, otherwise each game should be finished with a total victory of Bolsheviks dispite of player's efforts)) Consider this as just a game)
Aw, that's unfortunate. I was hoping I could play as a Pole eventually :sad: Still, I'll be keeping an eye on this mod for sure.

Rockwell said:

Maybe you could add Polish units as Mercenaries, or as Entente units?

It's probably for the best that you are keeping focused on the current factions. Better a more narrowed, yet detailed mod, than a ambitious, yet lacking mod.

On that note, any chance we could see some Red Adrian Helmets at some point?

soviet_m15_big1.jpg

soviet_m15_photo.jpg

Thanks, my friend, for your understanding and support)

Concerning the RKKA Adrian helmet. In the "real" history this helmet was applied by the Red Army since 1924 (they just re-painted it into khaki and replaced the Russian Eagle with a tin Red Star). But, as soon as this mod is about the virtual Russia with an alternative history, we could use this Adrian version for some RKKA elite troops. Why not?) And thanks for your hint)

No problem, that is one of the advantages to not completely adhering to history, you get a lot more freedom to do what you wish with the mod.

Always looking forward to seeing what you create Rockwell, best of luck to you as always.

Back
Top Bottom