SP Native [WB] Calradida based. New troops, kingdoms, bandits, classes, battle cries

Users who are viewing this thread

Joemog

Sergeant at Arms
As of 2nd of may I'm still working hard on this mod, please do get in contact if you're interested.

Been messing around with some modding for a while and am looking to share. Would love to chat with some people about it every once in a while. Or hit me up if you want to help. I'll send the mod for a few people to play if anyone want to, but I'm not posting it here since I lost my list of credits for the OSP's and stuff a few months ago and I need to remake it.
My mod is so far Calradia with some new kingdoms and mechanics. It's based on diplomacy.

Features so far
  • All troop trees heavily reworked with focus on making more fun and diverse options.
  • Expensive nobles from castles. Probably not worth buying unless they survive to their higher levels where they will be extremely powerful.
  • 4 new kingdoms.
  • New start.
  • Do quests for the Guild of Organized Crime and unlock things such as better prisoner deals, hiring bandits and upgrading your bandits gear by getting lower honour.
  • New companions
  • A class/mastery system to spice up character building and replayability
  • Battle cry: Choose a new effect for your battle cry every 10 levels and increase the range with the new battle cry skill!
Things that will be done in not too long
  • An invasion, like every other mod
  • More guilds with quests and unlockable units
Just a few pictures, I'll add some more later, but I also don't want to give away too much out of the game.
Jw0hav5.jpg

X3GEhl0.jpg
The awesome troop tree presentation you can see on the picture can be found here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,340676.0.html

The player gets a mastery point every 3 levels. They are also rarely granted from certain quests. The player does not choose a single class, but can freely distribute mastery across classes, though all classes do have an attribute requirement. Some classes will have to be unlocked from a quest before showing up in the mastery menu.
Masteries and classes:
Warrior
ZFwf23N.jpg
Warrior is a very simple class good for a newer player, and it's a class unlocked from the start. Normally a class won't give attributes, but I wanted this one to be very straight forward, and a few points in the strength mastery can also be very usefull for characters focused on other attributes to be able to wear better gear. The only catch with that, is that you need enough strength to use the warrior class in the first place (14).

Samurai
C67Az2k.jpg
A critical strike deals double damage. There are other classes with synergies to critical strikes, such as more chance and damage. When a player dodges an incoming hit, it deals no damage. Other classes can get you more dodge chance, or a heal whenever you dodge. The meditation mastery is a long term investment. Spending points in this one quickly, can with some luck grant the player a ton of intelligence over a few hundred days.

Merchant
lwhD87C.jpg
The merchant is also a basic class. It's obviously focused on money making, but I can see many army leaders putting just a single point into Appealing Company to get a recruit a day. Maybe even more points, to get the otherwise fairly expensive noble units. The fourth option only shows if you have a point in Appealing Company, and is just to select which of the 10 factions you want your daily recruit from.

Scholar
kO60QSh.jpg
Pretty simple, very convenient masteries. With early points into Weapon Studies a very intelligent character will end up very skilled with weapons, even with no points into agility. This is the last of the basic classes! The last 6 classes you will have to unlock through quests to see.

Battle cries now implemented!

urDCpmZ.jpg

Hrm7uab.jpg

I especially like the class/mastery thing. Always felt it would be cool with a mod that expands on the character building and RPG elements rather than the constant total conversions.

Reus said:
I especially like the class/mastery thing. Always felt it would be cool with a mod that expands on the character building and RPG elements rather than the constant total conversions.
Thanks! Yeah so far I think it's turning out great.

By the way, I hate khergits so much, if anyone have any ideas for making them interesting nobles or reworking I'm all ears.

This is actually very interesting, good luck with the mod!

For the khergs, maybe the nobles upgrade to armored lancers and archers? Of course they are on... horse. Village recruits can only give you light to mid cavalry.

Thanks! 10 classes almost done. Yeah the thing about the troop trees is I've 3 branches for all kingdoms as well as the nobles and the last tiers are quite stronger than native. Ill show the current khergit tree when I get home. They already have lots of bows, horses and lances hehe. I might make them something crazy like healers or shields with thorn damage. Currently their nobles are some odd kind of siegr  units, but id love to make them something really fun that fits the theme better.

EDIT:
azWBl3L.jpg

This looks really cool.

I'm interested to hear more about your crime system...

cwr said:
This looks really cool.

I'm interested to hear more about your crime system...
Thank you!
Basically it's just an NPC in a specifik town. Certain options from this guy are locked behind low honour requirements. You can do quests for him, or you can go around raiding village and what not to lower your honour. The quests will also give you difference things like reinforced bandit gear and a cool companion!
The lower your honour is the higher tier bandits you can hire. Of course you can always just upgrade them from the bottom. By default your bandits will have a mix of morning stars and mauls, but you can purchase having them focus on either, to enhance your killing or always capture a lot of prisoners to sell to your bandit guild at a better price than you would normally get. Changing the bandits you can hire will not change bandits on the map's gear.
A few more things, I don't want to reveal are also unlockable for your bandits! The main thing I want to encourage with this is power to the player for going around doing dishonourable things, as I do think there's too much punishment in native.

Maybe low honor + high renown?

I've forgotten what high honor did in Native- maybe add some more perks with lords, guildmasters, and such if you have high honor?

What happens if you own the town where the crime master is? Do they turn into a sort of nemesis where you have crime going on inside of your own town? Maybe they'll try to bribe or/and extort you; but also a source of either mercenaries OR a source for enemies to have teammates inside of your walls so he can attack you from behind using the criminals. Could also send bandit parties into enemy territory to attack farmers and caravans, and hurt their economy.

And maybe if you use bandits to your own advantage too much other kingdoms are more likely to declare war and lords are less likely to join your kingdom?

There is so much potential for a crime system and an honor system; going deep into connecting with many features- would be very cool to have that side to specific sieges when fighting a lord with 'cunning' or whatever the evil lord personality was.

I tried to make a really in depth crime system once myself but I got way way to ambitious; so I guess I am living vicariously through your mod a little bit. :razz:

cwr said:
Maybe low honor + high renown?
Hmm it would indeed make sense so I'll consider adding renown to the calculations. I might keep it the way since simple is good, hehe.
cwr said:
I've forgotten what high honor did in Native- maybe add some more perks with lords, guildmasters, and such if you have high honor?
So many lords are going to hate you, you can't purchase enterprises most places and I think even fewer recruits join you when you're low on honour.
I do want an opposing guild eventually that focuses on honour for sure! Additionally I want these guilds to be low tier guilds, that are sort of gate ways to more fanatic evil/good guilds.
Your post just got me thinking that I should make some masteries scale off of honour.
cwr said:
What happens if you own the town where the crime master is? Do they turn into a sort of nemesis where you have crime going on inside of your own town? Maybe they'll try to bribe or/and extort you; but also a source of either mercenaries OR a source for enemies to have teammates inside of your walls so he can attack you from behind using the criminals. Could also send bandit parties into enemy territory to attack farmers and caravans, and hurt their economy.
Great ideas! Currently nothing bad happens, but if you are a dishonourable person occupying that city you will have easy acces to units.
I've been thinking about doing some dynamic bandits spawns. I think that'd be an easy way to do sort of do this. It would be around this city by default, which would make it tougher for you to own a bandit infested land. Then with low enough honour you could unlocked changing where the spawn should be. So you could select like north, west etc. part of the map or maybe even specifik cities.
cwr said:
And maybe if you use bandits to your own advantage too much other kingdoms are more likely to declare war and lords are less likely to join your kingdom?
I already think honour does this decently.
cwr said:
There is so much potential for a crime system and an honor system; going deep into connecting with many features- would be very cool to have that side to specific sieges when fighting a lord with 'cunning' or whatever the evil lord personality was.

I tried to make a really in depth crime system once myself but I got way way to ambitious; so I guess I am living vicariously through your mod a little bit. :razz:
Haha, that's great! I want to come up with easily implemented things, so I hopefully can actually finish them and all the other aspects of the mod I want to work on, heh.
Maybe just adding a trigger every 24 hours with random events that are heavily affected by your honour would make it feel connected with the world?
For example "You're ambushed by assassins on the highway", and then if you're dishonourable you should have options to have them join you, and otherwise you'd have to fight, and the other way around with bandit hunters as well.

Back
Top Bottom