ways to obtain a castle

Users who are viewing this thread

capture it, but that is harder when guns are involved.

also one could indite your lords for treason (in theory) i have been told that you can distribute there land  but you have to all ready own castles top be a lord.

I highly recommend you get your engineer skill high enough to siege castles by blowing up the walls.

As far as I know, taking it yourself. Best way would be to find one that has recently changed hands and has a low garrison.

The only time I ever had help was when I was a Marshall for the former Queen. I've never been named a Marshall in any other way, but I still have more castles and towns than anyone in the 5 nations.

Try always doing special missions and following the quests.

I told everyone I was the Tsar and got a letter from a local warlord and everyone believed me.

too easy  :mrgreen:

Just look at the lower-left side of your screen for castles or towns that your enemies capture. As soon as you see them capture a settlement, rush to it. You will often find it ridiculously undergarrisoned (25-90 men). I do this trick to capture my first castle, which I need to store my troops in. Breaking into a castle is a great option - you just let the enemy come out of the narrow gateway, where they will be coming out in small groups, often times. Your troops will mow them down. Hell, just get thirty musketeers and you can take any under-garrisoned castle that way.

EDIT: Hehe, this looks just like .Org with ezekiel and his avatar there...

Castles seem to be the easiest to take IMO, which is kind of odd. Explode the walls and then take up defensive positions where your mukets are surronding your infatry. Like someone mentined, you can also keep a close eye on recently taken cities, as often they only have a 60ish man garrison and ripe for the pickings. Also, save when you take the city/castle and reload until your faction leader awards it to you. First place I always take is somolensk or howveer its spelled. I build up a solid 100 man army with about 25%-30% infantry.(merc units that can use shields are absolutely fabulous for taking castles/cities. The Muscovites are absolute monsters.

Iv'e found castles with no garrison at times, which must be a bug, because normally they get some starting troops as a garrison.

Step one - find a lightly garrisoned castle

Step two - poison the water supply (never works)

Step three - FIGHT YOUR WAY OUT

You kill about 5-10 men, which takes 5-10 men away from their garrison

After you get them down to a reasonable level, build some ladders.

Try to run to the top of the ladder before your men and throw bombs into the BAD GUYS :grin:

Then GTFO and stay behind your men, take cheap shots at strong enemy units until you run out of bullets, then pick up a pole axe off the ground (or more bullets)

redking117 said:
Step two - poison the water supply (never works)
It's much easier to do with a big positive relation to the stronghold

After you get them down to a reasonable level, build some ladders.
With a good level of engineering skill you can blow up part of the wall and storm in -- usually is easier than using ladders. Bring grenades if they have fortifications.

You may also bribe the commander to open the gate sometimes -- I've only used that trick once since it costs a huge amount of thaler.

Back
Top Bottom