How can I hold the castle for lasted patch?

Users who are viewing this thread

fabiano.69

Recruit
Hello, My name's Fabie.

So I would like to hold the castle, Now I have 150 men at arms.

What is the best way that I can do?

Hello, My name's Fabie.

So I would like to hold the castle, Now I have 150 men at arms.

What is the best way that I can do?
Focus on militia training projects to be built up to level 3 and put a Governor in there that can raise a lot of militia. Your brother can be set up to do this decently right from the start if you aren’t playing sandbox, but most martial oriented companions can easily be respec at an arena to bolster the militia recruiting by +1 in 1H at 50, Polearm at 50, and Archery at 100 amongst others.

Meanwhile, check your villages for missions and do as many as possible, particularly any missions where they are looking for grain, tools or crafting materials. You want their hearths to get to 200 minimum so they provide more food to the castle. This then fills the stores faster and creates a larger overage, which will then boost the castle prosperity, which in turn generates more militia.

Make sure you set a maximum to the garrison if you only have the one castle. With a Governor giving the troops XP and a training ground, you can go see a large increase in expenses rather quickly which can be a surprise. Even if you just leave it at 2000 gold, it’s better to have that ceiling then none at all.

Lastly, defend your fief. If you have to break through the siege and lose a few troops, do it. Operating siege equipment in a defense skyrockets you and your companions Engineering XP and if you are still in your teens, you can often out of it with a couple levels. I advise to save before you start as operating a ballista feels finicky at the start, but after a little practice, you can wreck shop on the enemy. And if the personal defense isn’t going great, you can always auto-resolve and just miss out on the Engineering XP and levels

Prosperity at the castle and hearths at the villages get you more money. Castles are lower money makers then towns. That’s why I was advising to put a cap on the garrison. Part of that is to ensure the castle and villages are helping fund your war parties.

If your garrison costs more then what you are bringing in from the attached fiefs, what’s the point?

Back
Top Bottom