Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Yozzer said:
Edit: Day 16, As a mercenary for Tsardom of Kislev, Boyer Ortez has sent for me whilst waiting outside with his Lords as I cannot get into the castle he is currently in. I did report to him, but he went into his castle and we have all been waiting about 3 days in the bitter cold whilst he wines and dines inside. I can find no way to get to the Lords hall to get his quest, is this a bug.
Edit: I waited and eventually he came out, but was unaware he had sent for me, typical aristocrat  :???:

Edit: Some odd things happening Kislev disappeared in a fog of war, as did Brionne. If I go there they emerge as I approach. In the previous edit, I followed Boyer Ortez for 11 days, and even when he ceased to be Marshal the message to follow him stayed. (Edit: a new Marshal was appointed, and I got the experience points OK). In the case of Kislev, it was under siege by Sylvania, so is it magic, or a bug?
I've got the same bugs playing Chaos - can't go into castle as 'doors are locked', even if the feast is there and I've been invited, and looks like all capital cities gone in fog of war...

Hi all,

downloaded yesterday and started as a female Woodelf vagabond/explorer. Played but a little so no worthwile comments yet, but I like the more RPG-ish approach.

Bug: cattle don`t follow player on herding quest.

A mistake is making Beastmen playable. Detracts from immersion. Having them setting up permanent camps and rampaging from there would be enough IMO.

Rgds, Oldtimer

My experience with rigale, gsanders submod.
So about the fog of war for castles, it's involved a new skill for it. Mapping. Now the points of interest shade with the time until you are near again.

About not can enter castle hall, for what can I see you have to request meeting to enter and in some circumstances you can't. Maybe if you don't have good afinity with the lord, or he is inside. I think it's a rpg realism thing.

About cattle I think I saw the trick was to move literally onward, not letting the cattle follow you. Let's see if I explain miself well... Like if you were pushing from behind and it moves forward. But maybe I'm wrong and maybe is the cattle that its a little drunk  :party: xDDDDDDDD

I would like, as It's said before, to have a menu option can toggle off some features any time, like the thing of the forest and plains or that fog of war. It's really a very interesting feature. But some times you just want to walk around, forests too, without having penalization for doing that or without all messages. It depends of the moment, Is it possible to do that?

For the rest, is nice to have those skills features and the world adapted (i suppose ) when you arrive to certain level to levelling each one not giving too much exploit.

About truce, some people told. As I said some time, In my game there were truce, and there were diplomatic movements of each type, so was not stuck on a thing. SO VERY GOOD LADIES

About Chaos player proportions, as i said before, for my taste I like less for the gameplay, for use different mounts too, but if yourself can do it I would like to know how and post it.

It seems when you start to serve as mercenary captain (this is a feature of diplomacy I think, i love it, your relations with all the factions change again like in the begging of the game. For me was to -100 to Nippon and -100 araby I think, as a Saurus.

It is said before, gs, but I write here again in my compendium, also some dialogs repeated when you speak to someone.

Also, the bandits camps scrips error (that is constant so I guess is the problem you were having with this during this week).

Also a new string problem, for what I remember It was writting "error script missing (or something like that) no 100 . And it was resting in a Tlaxtlan castle with Saurus for the fatigue and health.

Also, the lose of your hair, male or female when you use helm. Problem that had vanilla game already but vc found a way to resolve.

Another little bug, was the double click, to enter in a village, castle all. Always first click then one outside, and finally click on the village and it activates.

There is still the little problem of the minimap, stuck once you click "delete" and come back to normal battle action map.

I don't think it's a problem, but some boats don't land well from sea. At first i thought it was made like that to let the boat sailing around rivers, but I think is not intended.

Everything I would rememember I will write you the most clear I can but if someone is enough motivated to make a buglist webpages of those someone told post before would be perfect to make the work easier!

Alevort said:
So about the fog of war for castles, it's involved a new skill for it. Mapping. Now the points of interest shade with the time until you are near again.

About not can enter castle hall, for what can I see you have to request meeting to enter and in some circumstances you can't. Maybe if you don't have good afinity with the lord, or he is inside. I think it's a rpg realism thing.
but it's strange any way - I'm a merc with Chaos and get quest to deliver a letter to the chaos lord (btw. he stay in the castle for 4 weeks nearly) and there was no way to talk to him, nor through 'request meeting', nor other way
second time happen when I've got invitation for a feast, got positive relation with lord and just got 'doors are locked' message all the time...

clock4orange said:
Alevort said:

but it's strange any way - I'm a merc with Chaos and get quest to deliver a letter to the chaos lord (btw. he stay in the castle for 4 weeks nearly) and there was no way to talk to him, nor through 'request meeting', nor other way
second time happen when I've got invitation for a feast, got positive relation with lord and just got 'doors are locked' message all the time...

This happened for me too... i'm starting to thing that we are not "welcomed" on this places or maybe he is just making... uhmm... stuff with his courtesan ? forbidden stuff! And we are like breaking his moment trying to enter inside xDDDDD I'm laughing alone

Oldtimer said:
Hi all,

downloaded yesterday and started as a female Woodelf vagabond/explorer. Played but a little so no worthwile comments yet, but I like the more RPG-ish approach.

A mistake is making Beastmen playable. Detracts from immersion. Having them setting up permanent camps and rampaging from there would be enough IMO.

Rgds, Oldtimer

You mean immersion or lore ? What is the problem to have them playable? If you mean you would prefer castle towns with more immersive appeareance it's on the way, more like camps.

game crashed after wining a battle with trolls - when I click 'return' button game stack on message 'you got 250' endlessly all I can hear was money come and the sound when you level up, kind of ping one...

I need to switch off the process in task manager

edit: I loaded again and this time was ok.

edit2:
I know why I can't go to the lord's room... the was an epidemic and first you need to cure it, but you need a master level at medicine at last, same with feast  :cool:

I'm not sure if this is because of my choices, I started as male human, bretonnian, grail knight, outrider and revenge. But I start with both Mighty Blow and Ignore Pain(And it seems like Dodge too), making fighting trivial. I also got the naphta bomb, 2 horses and 150 gold. By far the easiest start ever.

Also on reports you have the option "yet more reports here"(The writing is giving me OCD, not a problem) and you repeat "View prosperity report" there and in the normal Report menu.

I have a Leave town, and  Leave#2. I might be missing something so checking the manual.

Some villages don't show the special menus, like Hochpointe.

When attacking a deserter party of beastman an error occurred in which a big X appeared on the portrait, with an error code on the lists.

You should add an option to stop combating a plague. Once I decided to help, and picked any option I could just walk away and keep getting money until the epidemic was fully cured. I gather the correct working of it is to stay the time you want, near the town, walking away should cancel it like it does raiding a village.

Everytime I get a succesful craft, the town menu bugs out and only lets me pick between leave, leave.#2 and town activities, it's really weird. I have noticed that the time stops by itself when I'm crafting or training a skill before the time you are supposed to wait ends.

After that happens, I was teleported somewhere else.

Attacked a lord at night, all of his dialogues were repeated 3 times and when picking one i was stuck in that scene. It was This audience is over, and he told me We will meet again.

On the knowledge menu there's also references to Perisno.

I had my game crash after a battle as well. Fought some Skaven patrol and then after battle I get a bunch of "You got x gold" messages and the sound keeps playing over and over until I kill the process.

Also a balance question - I looted a random Beastmen village, went to the closest Brettonian town and was able to sell the loot for over 20k gold and neither looting or inventory management are above 1.

Screenshots of both issues are here: http://imgur.com/a/SYk1e

Alevort said:
Oldtimer said:
Hi all,

Rgds, Oldtimer

You mean immersion or lore ? What is the problem to have them playable? If you mean you would prefer castle towns with more immersive appeareance it's on the way, more like camps.

Hi,

breaks lore too much and therefore immersion.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Oldtimer said:
Alevort said:
Oldtimer said:
Hi all,

Rgds, Oldtimer

Hi,

breaks lore too much and therefore immersion.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Making them Playable is fine, what is weird is them having Towns, but it can be explained because that's the way the gear works. Can't do much about it without adding too many special things for them, like special spawning camps to recruit them, special recruitment option etc. Basically a minor faction from PoP.

Ran into a weird bug when fighting a forrest goblin patrol near Sylvania. Beat them, got to the loot screen and grabbed everything. When I tried to leave the loot screen, a bunch of 300~ish 'you got gold' notifications popped up and the game locked

EDIT: Another one: with enemy Lords chasing you there's always the dialogue option "this audience is over' which lets you run from them infinitely since it doesn't trigger a fight.

EmperorSnuggles said:
I had my game crash after a battle as well. Fought some Skaven patrol and then after battle I get a bunch of "You got x gold" messages and the sound keeps playing over and over until I kill the process.

Also a balance question - I looted a random Beastmen village, went to the closest Brettonian town and was able to sell the loot for over 20k gold and neither looting or inventory management are above 1.

Screenshots of both issues are here: http://imgur.com/a/SYk1e

This is the auto-loot function which I need to disable.  I'll do so today; Nameless Warrior is building a patch for main mod and I can add his changes to Rigale changes for a comprehensive patch the following day.  But of course he hasn't sent me his changes Yet :smile:  So Tuesday night/Wednesday most likely.

Alevort said:

About cattle I think I saw the trick was to move literally onward, not letting the cattle follow you. Let's see if I explain miself well... Like if you were pushing from behind and it moves forward. But maybe I'm wrong and maybe is the cattle that its a little drunk  :party: xDDDDDDDD

I would like, as It's said before, to have a menu option can toggle off some features any time, like the thing of the forest and plains or that fog of war. It's really a very interesting feature. But some times you just want to walk around, forests too, without having penalization for doing that or without all messages. It depends of the moment, Is it possible to do that?

For the rest, is nice to have those skills features and the world adapted (i suppose ) when you arrive to certain level to levelling each one not giving too much exploit.

About truce, some people told. As I said some time, In my game there were truce, and there were diplomatic movements of each type, so was not stuck on a thing. SO VERY GOOD LADIES

About Chaos player proportions, as i said before, for my taste I like less for the gameplay, for use different mounts too, but if yourself can do it I would like to know how and post it.

It seems when you start to serve as mercenary captain (this is a feature of diplomacy I think, i love it, your relations with all the factions change again like in the begging of the game. For me was to -100 to Nippon and -100 araby I think, as a Saurus.

It is said before, gs, but I write here again in my compendium, also some dialogs repeated when you speak to someone.

Also, the bandits camps scrips error (that is constant so I guess is the problem you were having with this during this week).

Also a new string problem, for what I remember It was writting "error script missing (or something like that) no 100 . And it was resting in a Tlaxtlan castle with Saurus for the fatigue and health.

Also, the lose of your hair, male or female when you use helm. Problem that had vanilla game already but vc found a way to resolve.

Another little bug, was the double click, to enter in a village, castle all. Always first click then one outside, and finally click on the village and it activates.

There is still the little problem of the minimap, stuck once you click "delete" and come back to normal battle action map.

I don't think it's a problem, but some boats don't land well from sea. At first i thought it was made like that to let the boat sailing around rivers, but I think is not intended.

Everything I would rememember I will write you the most clear I can but if someone is enough motivated to make a buglist webpages of those someone told post before would be perfect to make the work easier!

Update: another bug I saw today, was two or more war parties or bandits npcs getting stuck next to the battleground after a battle.
- Also you can avoid the battle simply saying "the audience is over". I did and now i feel dirty for using that exploit  :mrgreen: haahahh

- Pirates in battle, seem to run away almost at the beginning like was happening on beta. But it was a battle 5 to 1 with our advantage. So maybe is this. It was a caravan on Saurus Kingdom I didn't try more. I think happens when I activated formations AI. It is not like they escape, a bit skirmish. Maybe is intended.

Edit: Confirmed even large army, instead of stay and make a hard shoot volley (they could win) they escape

- SCRIPT ERROR ON CODE 1610: invalid party id: -1, line no: -12
at simple trigger trigger no: 110

- Also when you go to reports, and choose faction relation reports you can't see half of the factions cause there is not enough space or a bar to move to the right. Even this I loved this feature, is so useful.

I at last found a guy selling books, rushed up to him in anticipation, but he has nothing in his inventory, not even a newspaper. Is this a bug or normal  :shock:

Really enjoying the Warsword Rigale version, been busy curing folk and the "extras" it contains, and look forward to the next patch.

Edit: I only seem get stuck in Towns after getting guild training, using your solution works fine so not serious.

Edit: Took a Town, Kislev, and hired a patrol which I asked to reinforce the garrison. It disappeared into Kislev but never arrived in the Garrison? This is what I usually do with my first conquest, but it seems they have deserted me  :sad:

Mr. GS, is it a bug or something else I need to do to get into castle hall?
I'm merc. captain with Chaos and I need to report to the marshal, who sitting in the castle... time running and the doors are locked, ech, another fail?

ps. I have 600+ reown, 30 honor and +/-30 right to rule, but I am not noble yet, no banner, so is that the issue?

clock4orange said:
I'm merc. captain with Chaos and I need to report to the marshal, who sitting in the castle... time running and the doors are locked, ech, another fail?

ps. I have 600+ reown, 30 honor and +/-30 right to rule, but I am not noble yet, no banner, so is that the issue?

see if there is an epidemic in town.  In any case you can go to the first menu in town with secondary choices for tournaments, ladies, management and look there if it offers to let you do something with epidemics.  They go away faster if you participate in them.  you may be able to enter castle from that menu also.

Alevort said:
Update: another bug I saw today, was two or more war parties or bandits npcs getting stuck next to the battleground after a battle.
- Also you can avoid the battle simply saying "the audience is over". I did and now i feel dirty for using that exploit  :mrgreen: haahahh

- Pirates in battle, seem to run away almost at the beginning like was happening on beta. But it was a battle 5 to 1 with our advantage. So maybe is this. It was a caravan on Saurus Kingdom I didn't try more. I think happens when I activated formations AI. It is not like they escape, a bit skirmish. Maybe is intended.

Edit: Confirmed even large army, instead of stay and make a hard shoot volley (they could win) they escape

- SCRIPT ERROR ON CODE 1610: invalid party id: -1, line no: -12
at simple trigger trigger no: 110

- Also when you go to reports, and choose faction relation reports you can't see half of the factions cause there is not enough space or a bar to move to the right. Even this I loved this feature, is so useful.

script error at simple_triggers (anything from 98 to 19:cool: these are reinforcements and the main lord getting reinforced is not available (captured, defeated/something).  That should be fixed for next patch; I recall seeing Nameless Warrior put checks for all of these in the main mod's upcoming patch, I'll copy them across.

as for faction reports this is why the main mod doesn't have graphical display but just dumps text for you and you only.

Archers try to jump back to keep space between them and their target as a skirmish mode in AI.  One of the modes turens that off; I think that's the Native AI making skirmish mode and PBOD they just wait where you left them but wont advance on their targets closer than 10 meters if they don't have the option to treat them as infantry when out of ammunition.

Audience is over is if they like you enough, if they really dislike you they attack and you can try "is there no way to avoid this fight" and the other says "that may be but I want to fight you".

gsanders said:
  see if there is an epidemic in town.  In any case you can go to the first menu in town with secondary choices for tournaments, ladies, management and look there if it offers to let you do something with epidemics.  They go away faster if you participate in them.  you may be able to enter castle from that menu also.
nope, I've done it before and they do not let me in... doors were locked, but I wasn't they lord - seem that you made it more complicated than looks like, all this skills to mastered... takes ages and tons of gold, but couple factors in towns can sort it :smile:

clock4orange said:

ps. I have 600+ renown, 30 honor and +/-30 right to rule, but I am not noble yet, no banner, so is that the issue?

Just managed to get around this by asking to speak to him instead of enter the castle, and he came so I was able to report. This may not fix all instances but it looks OK at the moment  :cool:

Back
Top Bottom