Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Brovos said:
Hey so I have been wanting to play your submod and maybe I just cant read correctly since i am tired right now but I get an error message every time I try and start up the game saying "Unable to open file Modules/patch_Warsword_Rigale_02_H2b/Resource/textures_face_gen.brf" I am sorry if you had addressed this in the handbook and I just didnt see it. I would love to play your sub mod!

copy  Modules/patch_Warsword_Rigale_02_H2b/*.*  over the main Warsword Conquest files at
    C:/Program Files (x86)/Mount&Blade Warband/Warsword Conquest

You need to install the 1 GB (compressed) mod Warsword Conquest (May 30th 2016 version) FIRST, THEN the couple MB PATCH Warsword Rigale H2b.  That is an all inclusive patch so no need to put all the 30-other patches that came before it.
It of course has the content from Warsword Conquest patch 1_2 (June 3rd 2016) as well.

The message you show is trying to run the patch by itself without the other 2 1/2 GB uncompressed worth of Warsword Conquest in the same folder.  The patch just goes on top of the Warsword Conquest mod, which is why it is a few megabytes instead of 100x larger...

- GS

Thank you for your work.
Please, how do I turn off auto-camping?
It's very annoying, always, always, every few meters camping - enemies fleeing, enemies attacking.
Some of Lords freezing games at the end of the conversation.
Otherwise, the game is super, improving, learning, smoother movement around the map, thank you.

CorenSK said:
Thank you for your work.
It's very annoying, always, always, every few meters camping - enemies fleeing, enemies attacking.
Otherwise, the game is super, improving, learning, smoother movement around the map, thank you.

As I understand it, there's no way for a player to turn it off. In fact, there's also no way to turn it off at all w/o breaking large chunks of the mod until a major rework can happen. Yes, it's quite annoying in most circumstances, especially when leaving towns/cities. :cry:

CorenSK said:
Thank you for your work.

To clarify why there is autocamping: It's a workaround for a bug - the one where lords dialogues are freezing (and it sometimes left "0 member groups" when you defeated a party that you had to attack again). This happened every time after you have visited a city, the next time you spoke to a lord the dialogue would freeze on leaving. UNLESS you camped in the field before you spoke to them, as this for some reason did reset whatever caused the bug.

So Gsanders put the autocamp in there so you don't forget to camp and need to restart the game when speaking to a lord.

Just to be clear: The time you camp is irrelevant to reset this bug. It just needs to happen until the bug is eliminated. Just click as fast as you can when you autocamp and you're good to go

Hi was really like this mod a lot you guys have done a phenomenal job on it! I noticed some of the lords do not have the right banners for the faction they belong to, and also your personal banner that displays in the world and behind your portrait is not the same as what displays in castles and towns you own. The banner shown above your army and portrait is correct the one in castles and towns is incorrect just Also noticed a lot of the lords get stuck by towns "retreating get more troops" but just sit and wait endlessly less you are marshal or use the cheat command to force them to go some where else letting you guys know hope these were common known issues.

Hello,
I played game like 534 days (game days) and noticed that lords who changed their faction have now name Whats you name of kingdom.... anybody know how to fix it? I would be very thankful

So, no matter how much I try no Lords are ever willing to actually entertain the notion of switching sides. Checking with the cheat menu showed that they all have high relation with their Liege, save for one particular instance of a Calculating Chaos Lord who had -10 with Archaon for whatever reason. They also have high position in court or security sense even when they have no fiefs and have been getting their hides handed to them on a regular basis. Was this intended (to fit in with the lore of the WHF setting where factions are always segregated) so that you have to promote your companions or stay on your own?

Faction leaders also mention you pledged yourself to a pretender to the throne of Calradia when you first speak to them after you become a Vassal.

Additionally, Deamon Hordes, as red as they appear and allied with Chaos, are actually considered part of the "Neutral" faction by the game, which causes your relation with the "Neutral" faction to drop every time you attack one. This has unfortunate effects on any other "Neutral" parties on the map, specifically Cattle, which run to the hills even when their script is modified to have them follow instead of flee, to the point where it says they're "Accompanying Player" when far enough, but switch to running from player when you get close. I'm guessing this has something to do with the hordes appearing even after Chaos is vanquished (as I've confirmed already)? If so, aligning them with "Outlaws" might be a better idea.

How does the map discovery system work? Do you have to buy maps from someone or something to permanently remember where stuff on the map is? Is it tied to a skill?

Keep maps in inventory to reveal stuff. As long as you keep the map in your inventory, they will appear.
Cartography (or is it mapping) knowledge helps a lot.
choosing exploration stance in camp menu will also help.
reaching a location will increase the time it stays visible (because this location is no longer a rumor, you have been there actually :smile: )

Maybe some other minor stuff, but those above are the main.

Cheers.

Hello Uh I have this problem with warsword conquest where It crashes while its loading the INI files in the game and after the words it says
Unable to open file: CommonRes/wb_mp_objects_a.brf Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

PaPaD1abl0 said:
Hello Uh I have this problem with warsword conquest where It crashes while its loading the INI files in the game and after the words it says
Unable to open file: CommonRes/wb_mp_objects_a.brf Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

sounds like you're trying to run "multiplayer mode", which isn't supported in Warsword Conquest or this submod of it.

Hello people. First of all, thank for submod to gsanders.
I met with a bug, and cant found fix. When you ask your chancellor change your kingdom culture (regardless of with culture you choose), all lords name, title, some settlement, and some companion name change for random text. I think problem in some chancellor conversation string in conversation.txt (or not) but I cant figure out how fix it. If some one who is still alive here can help?

Ingon said:
Hello people. First of all, thank for submod to gsanders.
I met with a bug, and cant found fix. When you ask your chancellor change your kingdom culture (regardless of with culture you choose), all lords name, title, some settlement, and some companion name change for random text. I think problem in some chancellor conversation string in conversation.txt (or not) but I cant figure out how fix it. If some one who is still alive here can help?

I've heard the same thing for Warsword Rigale, so its a core issue with the Diplomacy code I used as a base 2 years ago.
PROBABLY that code is fixed in the different base I used for "Pho II" down below, but that mod is not "finished" as far as being full of things to do.  It was mostly a test for the diplomacy that would be merged to Phantasy 2017.  I spent all day at Phantasy, so I have not been keeping up (open source) Rigale.

It is a very long merge to re-build Rigale with new diplomacy; it will be shorter and faster to merge Rigale unique code into Pho II than merge Diplomacy into Rigale, as Rigale is not laid out as in Native so WinMerge does not find where the code aligns easily.  This makes the task hundreds of times more difficult than otherwise.  Pho II is a vastly superior base, but if you want no fantasy elements start with week 2 source.  Pho II is meant for you to compile and use as a start for your own mods  :smile:

I WAS able to fix a broken Phantasy source in 5 days using the working Pho II source as the "Master" and only looking for unique code from Phantasy to "save".  Thus the new Phantasy is really on a fresh base, which is both good and bad, but what was handed to me was broken in at least 35 places and could never compile.  Runs pretty well now.  I see you're just starting to mod, but it could help you.  I'll eventually move Rigale into Pho II, since I want parts of Rigale for Phantasy 2017 project.

---
  Bah just realized you're mentioning "Warsword Rigale" not "Rigale", which isn't open sourced.

I'm probably not able to re-visit Warsword Rigale anytime soon, as I might accept donations over at Phantasy and it would be a legal risk for the Warsword Conquest team IF that happens (it hasn't yet), meaning I have to close this sub-mod.  I'm also interviewing at another job next Monday; if that happens its pretty much over for my 2017 modding (and if not I'll finish Phantasy 2017 so I can bum $2 monthly subscribers).

Mr. Sanders,

I`ve finally managed to save up for a OEM Win7 64 bit so I`m back here. What I have working is Warsword Rigale patch 10. Do you have later patches somewhere? If so do they require new game? Linky please, it`s a lot of pages to browse otherwise. Yes, I`m lazy.

Warsword Rigale is so good that I intend to continue playing it while waiting for the release of your current project.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Oldtimer said:
Mr. Sanders,

I`ve finally managed to save up for a OEM Win7 64 bit so I`m back here. What I have working is Warsword Rigale patch 10. Do you have later patches somewhere? If so do they require new game? Linky please, it`s a lot of pages to browse otherwise. Yes, I`m lazy.

Warsword Rigale is so good that I intend to continue playing it while waiting for the release of your current project.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Warsword Rigale :  hmmm.  That's very interesting.  I find no trace of it in Google drive.  Completely gone. 
    I had a version H3 that was the last one from August 30 2016, and Nunu had a version I0 from Sept 7 2016.
    H3 kludged around an issue in dialogs by forcing a camp after battle or town, and I0 instead added new Rigale features.

My H3 source here at home is messed up because I saved Phantasy changes to it accidentally yesterday, but the one at "work" should be clean.
I'll try to remember to upload it to myself. 

Let's see if I can resurrect build I0, since its uncontaminated:

I'll put it in folder    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4sh7GRykLgES3ViQ2ptcmRQXzg?usp=sharing

gsanders said:
Oldtimer said:
Mr. Sanders,

Rgds, Oldtimer

Warsword Rigale :  hmmm.  That's very interesting.  I find no trace of it in Google drive.  Completely gone. 
    I had a version H3 that was the last one from August 30 2016, and Nunu had a version I0 from Sept 7 2016.
    H3 kludged around an issue in dialogs by forcing a camp after battle or town, and I0 instead added new Rigale features.

My H3 source here at home is messed up because I saved Phantasy changes to it accidentally yesterday, but the one at "work" should be clean.
I'll try to remember to upload it to myself. 

Let's see if I can resurrect build I0, since its uncontaminated:

I'll put it in folder    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4sh7GRykLgES3ViQ2ptcmRQXzg?usp=sharing

Mr. Sanders,

I checked once again, what I have is 0.11 TEST 10. Suppose it`s the latest playable ver.
Anyway, there is way too many too strong bandits, especially different goblin outfits. Also, only guild master missions given are for destroying these making rep. increase in towns really hard. Helping in epidemics seems the only way.
If you ever return to Warsword Rigale which I hope you will do, you might consider looking into these issues.

Still, it`s very fun to play.

THX for your attn.,

Oldtimer

Hi Gsanders, I've been really enjoying this sub mod, you have done some great work! Especially the chaotic Diplomacy (i quickly got frustrated wit the perm war in the currrent original version)

I just wanted to ask, is there any way i can turn off the resting at night (armies standing still) at night? Or is there an easy fix in the code i could do? I personally do not like how it affects sieges/village raiding as defending armies tend to have half the time to actually arrive and defend because of this.

Apart from that i am loving all your unique touches keep it up :_)

Cheers

Darren 

Dazza87 said:
Hi Gsanders, I've been really enjoying this sub mod, you have done some great work! Especially the chaotic Diplomacy (i quickly got frustrated wit the perm war in the currrent original version)

I just wanted to ask, is there any way i can turn off the resting at night (armies standing still) at night? Or is there an easy fix in the code i could do? I personally do not like how it affects sieges/village raiding as defending armies tend to have half the time to actually arrive and defend because of this.

Apart from that i am loving all your unique touches keep it up :_)

Cheers

Darren

Hmmm I havent done anything with this since 18 months.  The last 7 months I've been working on
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,333.0.html

As for changing night, there isn't an easy on off switch.  The night pause does not happen at Phantasy 2018  (aka Phantasy Calradia II).
I have no plans to update Warsword Rigale; all my energy is at Phantasy 2018 right now.  It's base plus current patch P3 are at
https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6194?tab=files

and the code is considerably more advanced (in most respects) than here (but the models and map are weaker).

For some reason I cannot enter a dark elf castle, just the castle mind you, for a feast or to see a lord and such, to be more specific castles withit towns. Tavern, arena, market, castles proper all fine.

On the other hand when trying to bust a dark elf prisoner out of a high elf prison i noticed that there was a magical barrier instead of a door, for which the guard
doesnt have a key.

How do I resolve these two issues?

Sladjan33 said:
For some reason I cannot enter a dark elf castle, just the castle mind you, for a feast or to see a lord and such, to be more specific castles withit towns. Tavern, arena, market, castles proper all fine.

On the other hand when trying to bust a dark elf prisoner out of a high elf prison i noticed that there was a magical barrier instead of a door, for which the guard
doesnt have a key.

How do I resolve these two issues?

scenes are from Warsword Conquest June 4th build 2016 without any modifications, so the same issues/solutions exist there also.
Some of the prison escape at towns/castles have issues with doors in general being out of reach; this is a known issue for Warsword Conquest that by extension happens in any WC Submod like Rigale Warsword.

For some of the high elf and dark elf towns the scenes were simply very complex and required considerable video RAM to display well (> 1 GB physical video RAM) at 100% texture size.  If you have not yet toggled on "load textures on demand" you should do so at the config: video screen at Warband.  If you have an older video card with less than 2 GB physical video RAM or it uses Intel not Nvidia GPU (such as a laptop that was not optimized for gaming) then I could believe this, in which case try sliding the textures size to 70%, which effectively cuts textures to half normal size.

Back
Top Bottom