SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Cheers for the reports avarchillion, hopefully the bugs there will be fixed.

Yeah we know folk want magic in sieges, it's been well and truly noted  :razz:.

I mean, just fire an AOE or two at the top of the ladders before sending your troops up, would make sieges pure cheese.
avarchillion said:
2. So far I have not seen any tournaments being held, which seems a bit strange.
5. Also so far I have taken some enemy lords prisoner but no one seems to want them back. Another financial windfall gone.
6. I don`t really understand why I fail at my spells so often. I am a magic user with 5 in Magic and 3 in Willpower. My encumberance is roughly 18. But in some fights I fail about 2 out of 3 spells I try, which is pretty strange to me.
8. I love healing potions but so far I have drunk the same healing potion time and time again. It is removed for the battle but reappeares in my inventor (and is reusable for the next battle) when that battle is over. Thats very cool but most likely unwanted.
2. Might just be a dry spell, tournaments happening almost all the time over here (though usually on the other side of the world, ughhh)
5. They do get ransomed, though it seems the frequency is quite a bit lower, so you might have to hang on to them for a while.
6. Check the manual in the module documentation folder, chances are the spells have quite high magic skill requirements.
8. Can confirm, same here. They do get used up permanently, if you use them outside of battles, though. I guess buying a few XP potions would make for some serious exploitation.

Can't figure this one. Once I ran the mini-patch, I keep getting RGL errors. I quit trying after the 2nd one.

1st one:
"ERROR: Unable to open file: Modules/Warsword Conquest Winds of Magic Edition Beta/Resource/pics_frelancer.brf" - copied it from another mod.

2nd one:
"ERROR: Unable to open file: Modules/Warsword Conquest Winds of Magic Edition Beta/Resource/chaos_dwarf.brf" :facepalm:

"Downgraded" to pre-patch, and it's happily loading. :???:

Am I really the only one who had this issue w/ the mini-patch? :?: :shock:

HA! Finally joined the discord server ... just in time for NamelessWarrior's new patch! Thanks! :mrgreen:

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS FOR CRASHES

Test each of these by running the game via WSELoader, before trying the next method. Backup your files! Keep the folders open while you test the game.

1) If you are using Windows 10, run WSELoader.exe in Windows 8 compatibility mode.

2) Move the contents of the WSE folder to the Warband main folder, where mb_warband.exe is located.

Before the next method, delete the contents of the WSE folder from the Warband main folder. This is easily done, by pressing Ctrl+Z while the Warband folder is open. That's why I said keep folders open, you see. :wink: Now try the next method.

3) Grab the latest update of WSE v4.7.0. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,324890.0.html Either delete the contents of the original WSE folder, then extract the contents of the WSE v.4.7.0 compressed file into the WSE folder, or copy/paste the contents directly and overwrite. Personally, I would remove the orignals first, as a precaution.

4) Move the contents of the new WSE v4.7.0 folder to Warband main folder, where mb_warband.exe is located, as with 2).

5) Re-install Warband, repeat 3) and 4).

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS FOR PERFORMANCE

1) Update all drivers using a tool such as Driver Booster. https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

2) Re-install latest Java runtimes, from the Java site. https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html

3) Disable Java. https://www.java.com/en/download/help/disable_browser.xml

4) Un-install Java completely. Apps and features (if on Win10), and remove any Java runtimes that are installed.

5) Un-install Java. Then go to Program Files (not x86) and delete the Java folder if it's there. Then re-install the latest runtimes.

EDIT: List has been edited due to new information on what is causing crashes. It's actually WSE trying to access memory if has no permission to. This was found out by festa1980, on ModDB. Thank you, mate!

And driver/Java-related solutions have attributed to improved performance for some players.

OldGreyBeard said:
Can't figure this one. Once I ran the mini-patch, I keep getting RGL errors. I quit trying after the 2nd one.

1st one:
"ERROR: Unable to open file: Modules/Warsword Conquest Winds of Magic Edition Beta/Resource/pics_frelancer.brf" - copied it from another mod.

2nd one:
"ERROR: Unable to open file: Modules/Warsword Conquest Winds of Magic Edition Beta/Resource/chaos_dwarf.brf" :facepalm:

"Downgraded" to pre-patch, and it's happily loading. :???:

Am I really the only one who had this issue w/ the mini-patch? :?: :shock:

I just looked and the mini patch module.ini doesn;t have chaos_dwarf.brf listed. Or the freelancer one. Are you sure you're not running some sort of weird combo with the 2016 version?

Yeah for crashes follow kevinflemming's advice.

kevinflemming said:
We found out that crashing is not caused by a bug in the mod, but by an incompatibility between Java and WSE. Here is what you can do to solve it. Tested multiple times and found to be working for most players (I think there is only one instance where this hasn't helped thus far).

Remember to try and run the game between testing each, as one of them might solve the situation, so there is no need to try them all if the solution gets solved by a previous attempt.

Things to try:

1) Update all drivers using a tool such as Driver Booster. https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

2) Re-install/update latest Java runtimes, from the Java site. https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html

3) Disable Java. https://www.java.com/en/download/help/disable_browser.xml

4) Un-install Java completely. Apps and features (if on Win10), and remove any Java runtimes that are installed.

5) Un-install Java. Then go to Program Files (not x86) and delete the Java folder if it's there. Then re-install the latest runtimes.
5a) Potentially disable it again, after re-installation, as an absolute last resort lol.

Is this crashing the CTDs caused by forest goblins and high elves? I have never had Java on this machine and still crash when those factions are present on screen.

Chriss39 said:
Is this crashing the CTDs caused by forest goblins and high elves? I have never had Java on this machine and still crash when those factions are present on screen.

Yup, any random crashes while in battle are caused by this. It's been too regular to be mere coincidence, and after some research mixed with trial-and-error, this has to be the cause. It happens with other enemies too. We've had everything crop-up at some point in reports.

I would still go through it, just to make sure. You might be one of those who actually needs Java for it to stop. It varies from person-to-person, system-to-system. Some just need to update drivers, others need to install the latest runtimes. It's all fun and games. :fruity:

Another (short) bug - are defections in this mod? If not, I don't think Lord Sundrim and Hold King Kazran Grimbrow should be vassals of Archaon. Also, Lord Sundrim has a whopping 5k renown.

[ptx] said:
Another (short) bug - are defections in this mod? If not, I don't think Lord Sundrim and Hold King Kazran Grimbrow should be vassals of Archaon. Also, Lord Sundrim has a whopping 5k renown.

Weird. Can you look at your Game Log (not recent messages, to the left of that) and see if they're mentioned? Are the dwarfs destroyed as a faction?

So is beastman recruiting bugged or what?

or am I incredibly unlucky?

Went through all villages, got recruits, second round, everybody refused. Waited a bit, got recruiting options again, everybody refused.

Manage to recruit just about everything else fine. Or everything else I have tried. I am beastman myself .

kraggrim said:
I just looked and the mini patch module.ini doesn;t have chaos_dwarf.brf listed. Or the freelancer one. Are you sure you're not running some sort of weird combo with the 2016 version?

Yeah for crashes follow kevinflemming's advice.

Fresh installation to new folder.
Ah! I have the wrong mini-patch. Mine is named "Warsword Conquest beta bug fix-5890-betafix.rar", I'm not sure how I got this, as I thought I was following kevinflemming's media-fire link. As I recall, now, it took me to a google drive link, but the name looked of the file looks close, so I ran it. The timestamp on the module.ini file is 2014-04-29 :shock:, so that's the problem.
Following the same link today got me "WSC_wome_Minipatch1b.rar".
I'll delete and reinstall the entire mod + patch.
Thank you for the help ... it got me looking in the right direction!

OldGreyBeard said:
I'm not sure how I got this, as I thought I was following kevinflemming's media-fire link. As I recall, now, it took me to a google drive link, but the name looked of the file looks close, so I ran it.

Thank you for the help ... it got me looking in the right direction!
My link took you to Google Drive? :???: That's very obscure. I don't even use Google Drive, nor do I think I have anything saved on it lol.

Some witchcraft afoot there, I believe.

But I've just double-checked and re-pasted the direct link to the file into "here" on that particular post, to make sure it goes to the correct location, for future use. Thanks for mentioning it. Always pays to be vigilant with these things.

Hopefully you'll get everything running smooth now. Just follow the instructions, make sure it's all done proper. And if you experience crashes in combat, have a crack at some of those potential remedies. Good luck!

kevinflemming said:
My link took you to Google Drive? :???: That's very obscure. I don't even use Google Drive, nor do I think I have anything saved on it lol.

Some witchcraft afoot there, I believe.

But I've just double-checked and re-pasted the direct link to the file into "here" on that particular post, to make sure it goes to the correct location, for future use. Thanks for mentioning it. Always pays to be vigilant with these things.

Hopefully you'll get everything running smooth now. Just follow the instructions, make sure it's all done proper. And if you experience crashes in combat, have a crack at some of those potential remedies. Good luck!

Well, I can't be sure, now. It was pretty late at night when I did it, and I may have used some link on the first page? :facepalm:

OR ... Is it the CHAOS GODS at work? :mrgreen:

I just installed the mod and followed the instructions. When I start a New Game, the game crash saying it cannot find troops.txt

What did I do wrong ?

Selvhan said:
I just installed the mod and followed the instructions. When I start a New Game, the game crash saying it cannot find troops.txt
What did I do wrong ?
Check the compressed file to see whether troops.txt is in there. If not, then you might have to re-download it. Could have been corrupted. I would recommend using 7-Zip to unpack the compressed file too. Seems some people are having issues with others, such as WinRAR (if you're using that).

And don't forget to grab the mini-patch from here.

Also worth joining the Warsword Discord, as you'll get help much faster than here, if you come across other issues.

im running my own kingdom and every city i conquer resets its marketplace items, the arms merchant inventory only sells some pirate pistols board shields and some low tier axes and the armor merchant only has skull caps and nothing else, the horse merchant is completely empty, the goods merchant still sell stuff as normal tho

Back
Top Bottom