SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

New slayer body and hair I'e been working on:
wpZel.jpg

A couple oddities with Castle Bergbres.  When besieging the castle it has the wait time to build a siege tower.  The scene does not have a siege tower though.  Also a few of the soldiers spawned outside the castle in an area the troops could not get to.  Luckily I was still alive so I just shot them myself.  Minor stuff.

Oh, I was wondering what determines what mercenaries spawn in taverns?  I am guessing it is faction owner rather than the town itself.  I've been killing the empire for the vampires and the taverns are all full of zombie pirates now when they used to get ogres.  Though I get the feeling these blood knights are the vampire equivalent of ogre, so I am probably overstocked on super troops anyways. 

Tiny report on items
Items #809, #854 (Kislev armours), #1371, #1372 (Nippon helmets), #2437 (HE Rider axe), #1234, #1235 (Tomb Kings helmets) - lack requirements.
As armour requirements isn't something affecting balance, i'm reporting them just 'cause thou too good to be handled for free (and axe is 40dmg with 100 speed/100 length and no requirements). Like, why there other requirements then?
Item #1274 (Emperor's Helmet) flagged for merchandise and being sold in Empire cities.

And Nippon colonies doesn't have firearms to sell, just cartridges.
Wood elves towns not selling arrows.
Tomb Kings cities has no crossbow bolts.

Also - about Empire halberd being overpowered. Skaven warplock spear is stronger (40c/40p), faster (9:cool:, longer (172), doesn't restrict nor shield nor mount and has no requirements.
Empire know nothing about overlooked OP polearm. :lol:

Kulverstukass said:
Tiny report on items
Items #809, #854 (Kislev armours), #1371, #1372 (Nippon helmets), #2437 (HE Rider axe), #1234, #1235 (Tomb Kings helmets) - lack requirements.
As armour requirements isn't something affecting balance, i'm reporting them just 'cause thou too good to be handled for free (and axe is 40dmg with 100 speed/100 length and no requirements). Like, why there other requirements then?
Item #1274 (Emperor's Helmet) flagged for merchandise and being sold in Empire cities.

And Nippon colonies doesn't have firearms to sell, just cartridges.
Wood elves towns not selling arrows.
Tomb Kings cities has no crossbow bolts.

Also - about Empire halberd being overpowered. Skaven warplock spear is stronger (40c/40p), faster (9:cool:, longer (172), doesn't restrict nor shield nor mount and has no requirements.
Empire know nothing about overlooked OP polearm. :lol:

Speaking of skaven equipment: Their stats need a little do over when there is time in my opinion. most skaven weapons are just worst than their native counter parts - the catcher as a topish tier weapon can hardly match a staff, is expensive and has crazy str requirements for example. black skaven are quite nice but only armed with a skaven sword which is... not the best :wink:.

Also I think battles would work out nicer if there weren't such huge differences in slash and thrust dmg. The AI seems to use thrust a lot when in a bulk because swinging gets blocked by allies. So you have a lot of hits with close to no dmg. Rather make those weapons sabres without thrust at all if the design is too off to stab people. So the models use overhead swing

Also skaven have a very sparse meduim armor section. it's all veeeery light and crappy, then most robes and skaven leather are about the same, then there's clan and heavy clan armor is a bit better and next is the super heavy (and expensive stuff) Assassin-armor, warlord and warlock armor are also very similar in weight and protection. would be nice to have more choice stat and so design-wise :smile:

Hey guys! The new update is SO **** AWESOME!

Thank you guys so much, I love it.

I have two questions, however:

1) Is it possible that the new version (the one from 2 weeks ago) is a lot more demanding of your PC than the last one? I am experiencing lags, especially when I fast-forward with ctrl+space to the extend that this functionality is almost unusable. My PC didn't change and before both the Mod and Warband vanilla never had those issues.

2) Is there any way to extract the exact consequences of all the decisions at character creation? I have since identified menus.txt, but I cannot seem to find an editor that helps me digest the information there. Is there one? I hate inefficient builds and I would like to know just what options to pick without wasting points on skills that my companions are going to cover. In the same vein - is there a file that tells me the stats of companions? Sorry, found troops.txt and an editor by now, I will read through this myself. Still looking for character creation data, though.

And thanks again, this is so awesome.

A recent reformist video revealed how broken the Skavenblight siege is. I've updated the scene to make it more practical now.

Also, I think I found the entry point bug in Tal Amere (wood Elf). Has anyone experienced strange occurrences when siegeing Wood Elf locations other than Tal Amere?

Ok so I have an idea which may help with the bandit issue and the fact that kingdom patrols annihilate them before the player has a chance to fight them. I can make bandit spawns which are friendly to the faction they are in but hostile to everyone else. These are some of the ideas I have had although models for them may be a problem.

Empire: Sisters of Sigmar (any female armour OSP?)
Dwarf: Deathseekers (lower level slayers, Kraggrim is helping with new armour and hair vairations)
High Elf: ?
Pirate: Brotherhood bandits (armour already in game)
Chaos: Chaos zealots (just make them friendly to chaos, any other interesting ideas?)
Tomb Kings: Restless dead (mixture of undead troops)
Lizardmen: ?
Night Goblin: ?  (maybe snotlings if someone can turn the halfling body into one? or just bandit orcs)
Araby: ? (maybe some kind of religious group which would attack everyone else?)
Orcs: ? (snotlings again or just bandit orcs maybe)
Bretonnia: ?
Dark Elf: Khaine worshippers (armours in mod)
Skaven: ?
Kislev: ?
Beastmen: ?
Nippon: ?
Vampire Counts: Restless dead (same as tomb kings)
Wood Elves: ?

Does this sound like a good addition to the bandits we already have in the game and can you think of ideas for the factions above bearing in mind our lack of modelling capability.

I don't personally find the lack of bandits to be a big problem. There is plenty to fight. But those ideas seem like good additions if they aren't too labor intensive and don't add months onto a patch.

Is it likely we will get a patch with some of the easier fixes you've implemented sometime soon. I don't mind if the one after breaks saves. It would be great to play with the latest-ish version every few weeks or so.

As always - excellent work, truly beautiful and amazingly fun mod! Thank you developers!

Empire: Why not just use flagellants instead? Maybe lead by a single overly-eager Witch Hunter, who thinks you look a bit heretic.
Nippon: Honour-seeking Samurai, who walk around challenging everyone to a duel? Similar to the Deathseekers, I think.
Bretonnia: A robber baron leading some peasant soldiers, basically looters lead by a Noble, who protects them from "Law Enforcement" by his status as a noble. Fits perfectly to being friendly to Bretonnia.
Kislev: Kinda hard, maybe just (extremely) drunken Soldiers. Would also work for Dwarfs, if Deathseekers attacking other Dwarfs is a bit too strange.

Could there still be "normal" bandits as well? I do like having the option of joining a patrol in battle with undead/bandits/etc.

I do see the problem, however, that the quest to destroy bandits is made nearly impossible by roaming patrols.

Skaven bandits: Mutant Rat Pack. The dregs of clan experiments gone wrong, or perhaps escaped. Can include rats, rat ogres, and warplock engineers. 

how about ronin or masterless samurai for nippon? their lord has been killed and they now have no purpose.  cheers

Great ideas so far, thanks  :grin:

Yes there would still be all of the bandits you now see in the mod as well as some new bandit orcs. There would not be a lot of these new bandit types we are discussing but enough that if the player wanted to seek them out they can.

By the by... according to ModDB Warsword Conquest is the 10th most popular mod for Warband. How come there is only a single thread for it here and no website / proper Wiki? I'd love to contribute to a wiki, but seeing as I can't even read the .txt files properly (spent all morning trying to decipher menus.txt), it would probably be a slow process in regards to stuff that has to be extracted from the files.

Nameless Warrior said:
Ok so I have an idea which may help with the bandit issue and the fact that kingdom patrols annihilate them before the player has a chance to fight them. I can make bandit spawns which are friendly to the faction they are in but hostile to everyone else. These are some of the ideas I have had although models for them may be a problem.

Dwarf: Deathseekers (lower level slayers, articulo is helping with new armour and hair vairations)
Chaos: Chaos zealots (just make them friendly to chaos, any other interesting ideas?)
Night Goblin: ?  (maybe snotlings if someone can turn the halfling body into one? or just bandit orcs)

Does this sound like a good addition to the bandits we already have in the game and can you think of ideas for the factions above bearing in mind our lack of modelling capability.

For the orcs and goblins.
How about classic goblin troops? Maybe lead by an bigger orc (bigun)
Couldd send you 2 armors in this style with the rest of the new nightgoblin stuff in 2 days.

SO  :oops:

any idea when a the next hot fix is coming?

just fix the major bugs please.  :lol:
I don't know if i am speaking for myself but i care little about the minor bugs and they don't affect my game at all. i don't often even notice them.

Dankmar said:
Nameless Warrior said:

Dwarf: Deathseekers (lower level slayers, articulo is helping with new armour and hair vairations)

For the orcs and goblins.
How about classic goblin troops? Maybe lead by an bigger orc (bigun)
Couldd send you 2 armors in this style with the rest of the new nightgoblin stuff in 2 days.

Sounds good  :grin:

@Baghelhe

Bugs and issues are two different things but both are important to fix. The hot fix may be a while yet but what we have fixed is significant so it should be worth the wait.

The "Early Game" (First 8 Levels, not much money or well trained Troops) is really hard at the Moment and sometimes frustrating, if you play as combat oriented (good) Char.

Training-Field: You can train your peasents into low level fighters (but you need enough money). After that they will not get instant killed in the first fight. Also you can push up your own weapon skills and your level a little bit - but this way of training your Char is not really effective.

Arena: Another ineffective way to train your Char and earn a small amount of money. But it still helps to take the first steps - Tournaments in this early stage are really hard to survive/win and a good way to lose a lot of money (betting should be avoided)

Raiding: If your have enough troops, you can raid a village and you fast get enough money to start your first Steps in the "Mid Game". But if you play as good Char, this lucrative way of making money is no option.

Kill Bandits: Until now the patrolling troops kill all light bandits and only let the strong bandit partys there. Its hard to level up this way.

Kill patrolling Troops: The smaller partys can be a good way to train your char/troops and get some money, but also has some strong units that make them a hard match.  The bigger partys are to strong to fight in the "Early-Game".

Ideas for Early-Game:

- Chance to choose your Training-Field or Arena Weapons will make this way of Training much more enjoyable.

- [NWs-Idea]: Some low level Bandits that wont be attacked from some Factions will really help to get forward.

"Mid-Game" (Level 9+, 30-50 mid trained troops, better equipment) is really enjoyable. The patrolling Troops helps to get enough money and training for your char/troops. Its really hard to make a break and go back to work^^

Until now i dont play in "Late" or "End-Game" but i think it also will make a lot of fun. I really looking forward to your future update with diplomacy and the reputation system, that will make this stages much more enjoyable.

Thank you all for this great Mod.

Nameless Warrior said:

beastmen are so chaotic and numerous, i bet there could just be wild stampeding herds of them all over the place, except in lustria and ulthuan i believe

Back
Top Bottom