SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Tovias said:
Always forget Nurgle, he just feels so passive in comparison with the rest.
Speaking of Chaos, after seeing what some guy did with his Chaos warrior I always wanted to see some special quest for Chaos to allow you become a Daemon Prince and gain some interest benefits.

K6FES3F.jpg

True, Nurgle is not really important. Tzeentch best god.
Anyway maybe that quest would require some pre-requisites such as the level, skills, etc, and be given to you by one of the four gods, or since it's Chaos Undivided, just get all of their attributes, or something. That would be a really interesting feature but also it seems hard to mod that in. Even though there are ways.

Hilldric said:
Tovias said:
Speaking of Chaos, after seeing what some guy did with his Chaos warrior I always wanted to see some special quest for Chaos to allow you become a Daemon Prince and gain some interest benefits.

K6FES3F.jpg

Anyway maybe that quest would require some pre-requisites such as the level, skills, etc, and be given to you by one of the four gods, or since it's Chaos Undivided, just get all of their attributes, or something. That would be a really interesting feature but also it seems hard to mod that in. Even though there are ways.

Khorne>All other Chaos Gods.

Especially in Warhammer Fantasy where he is portrayed as a much deeper deity with roots in Norse mythology (as opposed to 40K where he is rather one-dimensional).

Fun fact: I attempted making Plague Bearers for my sub-mod by reskinning Ogres and giving them a different head.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get it quite right...  :mad:

Hilldric said:
Anyway maybe that quest would require some pre-requisites such as the level, skills, etc
You forgot body count.
But yeah, all talk here but if it's possible to add something like that or not to the mod is up to the developers, so all we can do is throw stuff for fun.

Birger Jarl said:
Hilldric said:
Tovias said:

K6FES3F.jpg

Khorne>All other Chaos Gods.

Especially in Warhammer Fantasy where he is portrayed as a much deeper deity with roots in Norse mythology (as opposed to 40K where he is rather one-dimensional).

Fun fact: I attempted making Plague Bearers for my sub-mod by reskinning Ogres and giving them a different head.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get it quite right...  :mad:

I still prefer Tzeentch because, y'know.. it's Tzeentch.
Khorne in WH Fantasy is also quite decent just because of the pagan stuff. Oh also their warriors have the coolest armors along with Tzeentch.

Will you update this mod to version 1.166 of M&B warband as I own the steam version and it is a massive pain in the rear to un-update the file. I would very much  appreciate it.

There is issue with larger battles than 100vs100

Stuttering does look like in this comparision video
youtube.com/watch?v=QFTqwobekkg
As you clearly see some mods (for example floris) stutters with larger battles, while native warband or other mods have silky smooth feel to it.

While I can have 40-50fps in max graphics settings, when playing warsword there is visible stutter every 1-3seconds wchich can make some fights impossible to win and leads to dying much more. (i5 3570k and gtx960 are capable of 600 man battlesize at decent framerate, but in warsword it turns to slideshow with 30 fps)

I strongly think culprit might be in one of battle scripts. It might be that after death battle continuation script, or it might be something else. It would be amazing if someone with codebase or knowledge how to disable functionalities could take a look and maybe nail down what causes it. Turning down every graphic setting down doesnt do anything for stuttering so it looks like its not gpu problem.

It still is amazing mod, and my post here is because I care so much about it. 300vs300 and larger battles in warhammer would be quite amazing. Currently Its impossible to play them not due to low fps - but because of script lag.

Chaos Gods forbid, i'm not demanding here anything, i'm actually eternally grateful for all amazing work that was done on this mod, even if it wasnt updated further thats like best thing for me in this year

archi676 said:
Tovias said:
archi676 said:
Is there any chance to add nurgle, tzeench, and slaanesh armies or units? Both deamons and normal troops. And maybe Chaos Dwarfs race.
I think the best thing, to not end up with 3 new factions, would be to just make certain units come from specific settlements or places.
Making four factions is not bad idea. Like in Call of Warhammer each will have one main city and few villages. They would be in permanent war for domination of north.

It would be amazing, but the way Warband works would make Chaos war against itself all the time and very rarely against other factions. Chaos is already quite timid as it already stands, so personally I favor the one-faction approach.

cpt_freakout said:
archi676 said:
Tovias said:
archi676 said:
Is there any chance to add nurgle, tzeench, and slaanesh armies or units? Both deamons and normal troops. And maybe Chaos Dwarfs race.
I think the best thing, to not end up with 3 new factions, would be to just make certain units come from specific settlements or places.
Making four factions is not bad idea. Like in Call of Warhammer each will have one main city and few villages. They would be in permanent war for domination of north.

It would be amazing, but the way Warband works would make Chaos war against itself all the time and very rarely against other factions. Chaos is already quite timid as it already stands, so personally I favor the one-faction approach.

It could definitely be done. Just make them particularly violent and have their fortresses stocked small at the start. So long as one of them can force the other two under their banner in a reasonable amount of time.

So what about this feature
http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Warsword_Conquest/Outpost

Is it in or was it removed during development earlier?
From camping menu there are only 4 actions for "Take an action" and none of them is to make an outpost (I did play brytenwalda and I believe this is how you made your outpost in it).

Extradaemon said:
How's progress coming along?

I second this.

I've been away from this mod for a long time and would like to know something.
What's going on with the birger jarl's mod and everything else.

Harala said:
I've been away from this mod for a long time and would like to know something.

The lead dev Del replied saying they'd get back to work. Not sure what happened to Birgir's mod.

Been a little while since that post though and i'm wondering if they've gotten anywhere.

I found interesting bug.

1. Create custom troop group (I named them recruits as I wanted to train halberdiers for karl franz) under button 4. (1 infantry, 2 archers, 3 cavalry, 4 recruits)
2. During ship combat press button 4 and command f1+f1 (movement orders + hold position)
3. Observe how half of your army gets instantly obliterated with messages like "privateers killed by privateer" etc.

I've lost more than 40 troops, tested this 20 times. 10 times ive had custom group and tried to command them, 10 times I didnt try to command them. Every time I try to command - there is massive bug that kills most of troops.

On top of that - is it normal that beastmens are only found on sea but they dont move because they dont have a ship? Basically static powerfull enemy that in close combat would be terrifying but they are obliterated when in naval battle.

Well, my sub-mod is currently "complete" in that because we have a new official version coming out (which will most likely render my sub-mod obsolete/incompatible) I don't really see any point in putting any more work into it.

I wonder if some Race specific foods might come into the mod in future? Not food that can only be eaten by a certain race but perhaps certain kinds which boost morale of a specific race more so than just standard bread and things.

So for example the Orcs would probably much prefer an Eatin' Squig than a smoked fish, A Dwarf would rather have a tankard of Nourishing Dwarven Ale than a fine Wine (I know wine isn't consumable, just an example) and a Skeleton might prefer a...... well anyway, each would have bonuses to certain troops and negatives to other perhaps? Not sure how difficult this would e to implement.

Perhaps something that could be considered, it's pretty lore friendly too. 

Personally I would love for undead troops to have the following
  • Doesn't require food
  • Unable to have any morale modifier (i.e no good or bad morale)

Darkwing88 said:
I found interesting bug.

1. Create custom troop group (I named them recruits as I wanted to train halberdiers for karl franz) under button 4. (1 infantry, 2 archers, 3 cavalry, 4 recruits)
2. During ship combat press button 4 and command f1+f1 (movement orders + hold position)
3. Observe how half of your army gets instantly obliterated with messages like "privateers killed by privateer" etc.

I've lost more than 40 troops, tested this 20 times. 10 times ive had custom group and tried to command them, 10 times I didnt try to command them. Every time I try to command - there is massive bug that kills most of troops.

On top of that - is it normal that beastmens are only found on sea but they dont move because they dont have a ship? Basically static powerfull enemy that in close combat would be terrifying but they are obliterated when in naval battle.

I've seen that happen in a few battles. What happened is the troops fell off the boats and drowned. Sometimes drowning will just knock them unconscious but other times it will outright kill them. This is why you get that privateer killed by privateer message, because that troop killed himself. Would be better if it said drowned or something, I agree on that. If you do f1 then f4 I believe (which is stand your ground) you'll probably lose less troops, as hold this position means they have to run to where you are standing before they stop moving.

You can also find a ton of beastmen walking around in the dark elf territory. I used to hunt there as a slave master because beastmen pay really well at a ransom broker, especially if you can bag the giant trolls they usually have in the group (800G a pop)

An issue I am having in the game is I am a vassal and reached about 90 troops, and now it won't let me attack anyone. I confront the mob and you get to the screen where it tells you the amount of troops on each side. Now normally there'd be a charge button and a leave button, but for me the charge button is gone and I have no other option but to leave. I'm not sure if this was addressed in the bug fix or not, but Ima try that next to see if that resolves the issue.

While you're right that soldiers tend to fall off boats a lot, Darkwing is actually noticing a separate bug. I have also had it. Your men, including yourself, will start to die (actual death, not unconsciousness) in a wave like there's some invisible fire burning through them.

It's pretty metal.

Back
Top Bottom