SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Thank you for working on this mod. It's been fun.

I found as a playing the Dark Elf, that they don't seem to have any enemies nearby that they attack. Even after I unjammed the blockage with truces (thanks Nameless for the fix indicated here), my Dark Elf lords go and meet at various keeps like they are going to go to war.. sit there for a day or two and then everyone goes back to patrolling an empty land of enemies and then we do tournaments. This has happened for several hundred days now. Even though technically were at war with the Sauron's to the south. But that's so far away that we haven't even gone down to fight them.

Also not sure if it's a bug or deliberate, but the Witch King Malekith gives out 26,400 xp every time you defeat him in battle. Which is nice to get a few levels when he comes up.

Also not sure if it's a feature or not, but as an enlisted guy when your lord goes to the city where he's holding a tournament, when you win or lose after about 10 seconds you can click on enter town, then rejoin the tournament. Thus having anywhere from 6-10 tries per town visit. And that's win or lose.

Thanks again for making the mod, look forward to your future updates!

cpt_freakout said:
I'm loving this mod like a madman, I haven't played so much Warband since I first downloaded Floris! Thank you so much for making this mod, keep up the amazing, amazing work.

I also want to report a bug - it's not game breaking, but it keeps popping up every few in-game days. I was thinking perhaps I need to reinstall it, since I also got the bug someone else around here mentioned where the ladies of certain castles appear as bald and with the same face... anyway, the bug appears in the notes along with all the in-game events, and says "Script error on OPCODE 1610: Invalid party ID -1; Line no. 7; At simple trigger trigger no. 109. Sometimes the simple trigger is 122, too.

Anyway, great job!!

Yeah add me to the list reporting that script error. I notice it happens a lot as an enlisted trooper.

Nameless Warrior said:
Was it Karl Franz because there is a chance that all faction leaders can get a big intake of their special troop? Maybe he was really lucky and got it a few times.

That pirate bug is strange I will look into it at the weekend
Nah, it was the lord Eschmilan, the army as a whole it was 135 soldiers.

Helz said:
edit: I just went up 4 levels when I got the killing blow on the Witch King, so I feel better about the tournaments again. LOL

Looks like he 'suffers' from the same problem as the goblin leader, i.e. both give way too much xp. I've knocked down other faction leaders and the xp they give is more proportionate.

Anyone know why I may have negative relations with some lords I have never met, from factions I have had very little to do with. Even within the faction I am vessal too, a portion of them just dislike me alot for no reason I can recall.

nameless warrior post this fix for the peace problem :

I am not sure when the next fix is coming out but you can fix the truce bug if you open up the simple_triggers.txt, look for the number 384 a little way down the page (it is the first number in the line) and change it to the number 24 and save.

I applied it and post it on the nexus. After 1-2 hours of game, my faction the empire is at war with the dwarf the elf and the goblins.

Another player on nexus who play more is at war with all the factions.

abadgaem said:
Anyone have a definitive list of companion likes and dislikes?

Don´t exist yet, i will try to get it thought...

What i know to this moment:

Thrud and Erasmus dislike Uggluk ( The Ogre )
Bug likes Volands
Beorg likes Thrud
Beorg and Thrud dislike the Orc ( i forgot his name, will have to check again )
The Orc likes Ripnitch
Erasmus dislikes Ripnitch

Trying to get more...

Hello everyone!
I have discussed my issue with a nice guy on another forum and now i want to explain my situation here too, maybe some of you guys have experienced the same problem while trying this awesome Warsword Conquest mod and solved!

I have completely defeated Orcs and Skaven in my game because my dwarves are great, I was doing pretty good until I noticed that the whole political situation on the map was "blocked", I mean no one was declaring new Wars or new Peace. They were still figthting everywhere if they were enemies before, but in about a month no new wars or new peace were declared.

So a nice dude on that forum told me to solve my bug known as "truce bug" by opening the file simple_triggers.txt in the Warsword folder and replacing the number 384 a little way down the page and change it to the number 24 and save.

It worked!
New wars, new peace......but....maybe too much! Now as dwarf after a month I am at war with 8 factions: skaven, elves, pirate, undead, sigmar, chaos, araby, goblins.......almost everyone in the world hate my faction now.

So I suppose that fix is actually fixing my truce problem by telling them "hate me everyone please".
It's not a great idea ahah XD

Someone was in my situation and fixed it?

Thank you!

Wonder if its possible script-wise to make certain factions eternally amiable and unwilling to war?  Like Empire/Dwarves, and Dwarves/High Elves (given what happened last time they did:razz:)

boskoz said:
New wars, new peace......but....maybe too much! Now as dwarf after a month I am at war with 8 factions: skaven, elves, pirate, undead, sigmar, chaos, araby, goblins.......almost everyone in the world hate my faction now.

So I suppose that fix is actually fixing my truce problem by telling them "hate me everyone please".

Thank you!

Are you sure you're not just a victim of your own success? Doesn't the game have it built in that the others will favor declaring war on factions that gain too much territory and get too powerful?

Hello!  I am in love with your mod because even though it's still in the beta phase, the gameplay, the models and just the overall feel of the game is fantastic.  I have never been a big Warhammer fan, but the game really stands on its own as is. 

A few things I wanna suggest you and your team look at: The big thing is end game content.  I am really spoiled now by Diplomacy and it never really seems like you have real control over your kingdom.  Granted, maybe I'm just now use to not have to still walk around gathering units and manually training, but some of the other things, like being able to dictate my own culture and whatnot would really add on to the immersion, but that's just my two cents and what you guys are doing is fine for the stage it is at.  I understand the coding of it all would be ghoulish.  But the end game could use a little more flavor.

Another thing is just a bunch of polishing, which I have no doubt you guys will do in the coming versions.  The High Elf armours meshes look wonky at times, but it's nothing way too bad.  Dialogues should be altered quite a bit, because it's somewhat strange to find a skeleton walking around talking to a human like it's nothing, but that's probably should be on the bottom of your list.  One thing I did notice though was that when I was soldier for a lord, if my lord should be defeated and I was able to return to him and rejoin, he would go something along the lines of "that was quite a event with ." The space before the period is where I assume either the faction or the name of the lord or group that defeated us should have gone, so be on the lookout for that. 

Other than the occasional bug (dialogues, trying to marry into a family can be a hassle) this is very well done, especially for a small team of modders. I would say that if you guys get some more talent into the group, this mod can eventually rival Prophecy of Pendor and Brytenwalda in terms of immersion and content.  Please keep working on this, cause I would love to see this mod grow more as this area really offers some unique fantasy assets that can breathe new life into the modding community. 

Keep up the great job!  :grin: 

Great input madperso, nicely written.

madperso said:
Hello!  I am in love with your mod because even though it's still in the beta phase, the gameplay, the models and just the overall feel of the game is fantastic.  I have never been a big Warhammer fan, but the game really stands on its own as is. 

A few things I wanna suggest you and your team look at: The big thing is end game content.  I am really spoiled now by Diplomacy and it never really seems like you have real control over your kingdom.  Granted, maybe I'm just now use to not have to still walk around gathering units and manually training, but some of the other things, like being able to dictate my own culture and whatnot would really add on to the immersion, but that's just my two cents and what you guys are doing is fine for the stage it is at.  I understand the coding of it all would be ghoulish.  But the end game could use a little more flavor.

Another thing is just a bunch of polishing, which I have no doubt you guys will do in the coming versions.  The High Elf armours meshes look wonky at times, but it's nothing way too bad.  Dialogues should be altered quite a bit, because it's somewhat strange to find a skeleton walking around talking to a human like it's nothing, but that's probably should be on the bottom of your list.  One thing I did notice though was that when I was soldier for a lord, if my lord should be defeated and I was able to return to him and rejoin, he would go something along the lines of "that was quite a event with ." The space before the period is where I assume either the faction or the name of the lord or group that defeated us should have gone, so be on the lookout for that. 

Other than the occasional bug (dialogues, trying to marry into a family can be a hassle) this is very well done, especially for a small team of modders. I would say that if you guys get some more talent into the group, this mod can eventually rival Prophecy of Pendor and Brytenwalda in terms of immersion and content.  Please keep working on this, cause I would love to see this mod grow more as this area really offers some unique fantasy assets that can breathe new life into the modding community. 

Keep up the great job!  :grin:

Kishinz said:
What i know to this moment:

Thrud and Erasmus dislike Uggluk ( The Ogre )
Bug likes Volands
Beorg likes Thrud
Beorg and Thrud dislike the Orc ( i forgot his name, will have to check again )
The Orc likes Ripnitch
Erasmus dislikes Ripnitch

Trying to get more...

More:
Dislikes:
Abdul and Oggy
Scarloc and Adelyn
Florin and Bugman
Maephilin and Jalil
Nakwatcha and Zichina
Gotrek and Braganza
Skeezle and Gotrek
Zichina and Skeezle
Zichina and Eleanor

Florin and Nakwatcha
Lord Albertus and Uggluk
Eleanor and Scarloc
Abdul and Maephilin
Mamexi and Sir Aristide
Felix and Gotrek (obviously)

Currently my party seems stable and consists of:
Mamexi (Skink)
Zichina (Saurus)
Lord Albertus (Undead)
Uggluk (Ogre)
Jalil (Araby)
Felix (Imperial)
Gotrek (Dwarf)
Adelyn (Imperial)
Nakwatcha (Amazon)
Florin (Breton)
Braganza (Tilean)
Scarloc (Wood Elf)
Maephilin (High Elf)
Sir Aristide (Breton)
Abul Khaliq (Araby)

TRex11 said:
boskoz said:
I mean no one was declaring new Wars or new Peace. They were still figthting everywhere if they were enemies before, but in about a month no new wars or new peace were declared.

So a nice dude on that forum told me to solve my bug known as "truce bug" by opening the file simple_triggers.txt in the Warsword folder and replacing the number 384 a little way down the page and change it to the number 24 and save.
It worked!

Thank you!

Are you sure you're not just a victim of your own success? Doesn't the game have it built in that the others will favor declaring war on factions that gain too much territory and get too powerful?

Oh well, I can't know that, I have not made the game myself  :mrgreen:
You guys need to tell me, is this happened to some of you also, maybe after you killed some factions?

(Btw in this mod factions doesn't really die, they still remain listed even if "they occupies: nowhere", and they continue to declare war, peace, buy back capured lords, raid villages)

But honestly 8 wars seems too much to me...

boskoz said:
Oh well, I can't know that, I have not made the game myself  :mrgreen:
You guys need to tell me, is this happened to some of you also, maybe after you killed some factions?

(Btw in this mod factions doesn't really die, they still remain listed even if "they occupies: nowhere", and they continue to declare war, peace, buy back capured lords, raid villages)

But honestly 8 wars seems too much to me...

I've seen it happen in my game, but it wasn't to my faction. As the Orcs, we had just come out of a grueling war with the Dwarves, meanwhile the Empire of Sigmar had gobbled up some of our territory, then went on to war with Bretonnia and gobbled up a bunch of theirs. They got stronger and stronger until suddenly every faction declared all out war on them.

Basically the faction that becomes the biggest and strongest boy on the block starts becoming a tempting target for the others.

Back
Top Bottom