SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry no progress on High Elves or Dwarf's at the moment , But there are some interesting development's happening to the mod at the moment will tell you all in about a week when things are more finalised  :grin:

A little progress report on what I am doing at the moment for the mod. For all those who have played Warsword you will remember that on the character creation screens you chose your race and then you had the options like normal for "father" and "when you were young" and these options were things like "warrior priest", "pirate", etc but the choices were the same for each race.

It was a little annoying having a Witch Elf's dad as a Witch Hunter or a Saurus as a pirate so I have decided to go the whole hog this time and do a complete character creation system where every option makes sense to the race and faction you are choosing. I have about 120 odd different options in so far and there are many more to come so that in the end there will be hundreds of combinations. All stats will make sense to their class the best they can.

Nameless Warrior said:
A little progress report on what I am doing at the moment for the mod. For all those who have played Warsword you will remember that on the character creation screens you chose your race and then you had the options like normal for "father" and "when you were young" and these options were things like "warrior priest", "pirate", etc but the choices were the same for each race.

It was a little annoying having a Witch Elf's dad as a Witch Hunter or a Saurus as a pirate so I have decided to go the whole hog this time and do a complete character creation system where every option makes sense to the race and faction you are choosing. I have about 120 odd different options in so far and there are many more to come so that in the end there will be hundreds of combinations. All stats will make sense to their class the best they can.

nice!!

can't wait for a release!

Firstly, to the team:

A very big hello!

I cannot play the original Warband anymore due to falling helplessly in love with some of the mods the community has created. I think even those shall be surpassed once you have created this. I'm downloading the Warsword for M&B as I type this, I haven't had a reason to play M&B ever, I bought the two games as a package and the superior mechanics of Warband sold me over M&B. Yet, I will blow the dust from it just for your team and the mod you have created. It will fill the ravenous void of Warhammer hunger until this ported version is completed.

I cannot stress the point enough that I am going to be watching this thread like a hawk. Sending all encouragement I can to you and yours in the hopes this mod takes off. If you need any Alpha Testers, drop me a line.  :wink:

Good luck with any future work and I look forward to seeing what you will create!

Thanks stark88, when you download the M&B version don't forget to backup the native data file in the root folder and then copy the warsword folder over it or some of the races will be invincible.

This warband version is going to be different from the M&B one (No Chaos or Wood Elves but many new factions for example), so this isn't a direct port of the M&B mod.

I know what you mean about the warband mechanics, I went back to play warsword a few weeks ago and it felt very clunky, especially horseback fighting. It is so much better in warband. It is funny because I hated the new horseback mechanics when I first played warband, I even remember calling for an option to be patched in/mod to be made for it to revert to normal but once you get the hang it is much better.

Enjoy the original

Nameless Warrior said:
Thanks stark88, when you download the M&B version don't forget to backup the native data file in the root folder and then copy the warsword folder over it or some of the races will be invincible.

This warband version is going to be different from the M&B one (No Chaos or Wood Elves but many new factions for example), so this isn't a direct port of the M&B mod.

I know what you mean about the warband mechanics, I went back to play warsword a few weeks ago and it felt very clunky, especially horseback fighting. It is so much better in warband. It is funny because I hated the new horseback mechanics when I first played warband, I even remember calling for an option to be patched in/mod to be made for it to revert to normal but once you get the hang it is much better.

Enjoy the original

Thanks for the heads up, I did find it immense fun to have an entire army of Cold One Champions decimated by a roving band of 12 Goblins! That's all done and taken care of now.

I do remember when I installed both games, I played M&B and enjoyed it, played Warband afterwards and hated it. The next day I loaded up Warband first and then after a few hours I loaded M&B and recoiled in horror at just how wooden it felt compared to Warband. I must say though I'm enjoying the original mechanics now simply because of the content of Warsword.

All I'll say is I cannot wait to use my Druchii army in its full capacity on the Warband version. 

Druchii all you can think about is Druchii, You need to get some Dwarven Ale down ya! :

Still can't wait for this warband version to come out, keep up the good work.!

Reykjavikdragon said:
Druchii all you can think about is Druchii, You need to get some Dwarven Ale down ya! :

Still can't wait for this warband version to come out, keep up the good work.!

Keep your dwarven piss! I want some decent Nagarond wine!  :wink: :razz:

But I echo his words, keep up the good work!

I have just found this mod forum........... I ****ING LOVE YOU  :mrgreen: I will have your babies if you finish this mod  :mrgreen: I will be your slave forever if you also manage to make some Terradons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LONG LIVE THE LIZARDMEN

Also, could you possibly make a sig with lizardmen? plz don't stop any important mod stuff to do so if you have to, but I just thought I would ask :grin:

Edit: Sorry for the double post

Back
Top Bottom