Warband Script Enhancer 2 (v1.1.2.0)

Users who are viewing this thread

1. Every time I start to load the game there will be some error messages, though it doesn't affect the game
mb1.png

2. And more, every time after loading the save, there are strange shadows on the big map, but after entering a new scene and then returning to the big map, it will disappear
mb2.png

3. I also found that there is a beep sound when I get cheated Ctrl+X to add money, but there is no beep sound when I gain money or lose money in other cases, am I setting it wrong?

Last edited:
What is your module? It may be its fault.
I switched to Native to test, the second case (strange shadow) no longer occurs, I think it may be because I modified the map, but the first and third problems still exist, the warning message becomes this:
The three problems still exist, and the warning message becomes this:
mb1.png

Are special actions required to avoid these?

Last edited:
-Fixed crash in Viking Conquest.
-arf_stick_item_to_left_hand animation flag works better with cycled animations.
-Fixed iMinNumAgentsForNavMeshReuse config option.
-Fixed default value for bTakeAttackersSpeedForRangedSpeedBonus and iIndexBufferSizeStatic config options.
-Small bugfixes.

For those who have run wse2 before, it is recommended to open the config file and change the following parameters to the default ones.
\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband WSE2\rgl_config.ini
bTakeAttackersSpeedForRangedSpeedBonus=true
iIndexBufferSizeStatic=131072

Ready documentation for config options. You can use it to tune the game, port and change modules.

Thank you so much for the update! I've installed it in hurry before my weekly LAN party and we had no issue so far. I still have to try Viking Conquest, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it so much!

Hi. There is a problem with servers in WSE2 for full invasion mod. TweT team which provides the most populated Full Invasion 2 Osiris server "TweT_EU_New_Maps" tries to run servers on WSE2 but osiris server on WSE2 is not visible on servers list in-game unfortunately. Could you check it K700? Thank you in advance for help : )

Hello, i am Anoki, owner of TweT_Eu_New_Maps. Server is running with the mod "Full Invasion Osiris"

I did not know WSE, Valamis showed it to me recently. And I'm really happy that I can finally play with good fluidity, especially during the last waves of invasion. What you build a really really crazy cool & nice.

I recently tried to start the server with WSE but without success.
Following all the installation instructions on the client side, I simply changed in the server file :

"mb_warband_wse2.exe" -> "mb_warband.exe"
"mb_warband_wse_dedicated.exe" -> "mb_warband_dedicated.exe"

The problem is that when I restart the server, it does not appear in the list.
Should I also make some changes in the "server_config.txt"?

I recently post a tutorial video for explain how to Install WSE for Full Invasion Osiris following this thread. With my horrible english & french accent.

Greetings, Anoki

I tested FI2O server, no problem getting on serverlist.
Check "Full Invasion Osiris_WSE2_dedicated.bat" and make sure that the path to the config is correct "-r Full Invasion Osiris.txt"

Did you change anything regarding the combat AI? I tried WSE2 on WFAS (Enhanced 1.86 mod) and it seems the pike bots know their pike's range, and they feign + backstep, not facehug like normal AI

If you actually added it then by god this enhancer is a must have for every module lmao:grin:

EDIT: tested it on non-WSE2 (enhanced 1.86 mod ofc), it feels as tho the AI doesn't feign that much anymore. Sorry if this was asked before since i can't seem to find a full documentation of everything you added lol (must've missed it)

Last edited:
I tested FI2O server, no problem getting on serverlist.
Check "Full Invasion Osiris_WSE2_dedicated.bat" and make sure that the path to the config is correct "-r Full Invasion Osiris.txt"
I have some server i pay on Gaming GTX & Oasis Hosting. Can i give you access of one of them for show me how to do it ? (if you can record you screen) because it's different than when you host from you computer directly.

I see that you have a patreon :smile:

Hello, i am Anoki, owner of TweT_Eu_New_Maps. Server is running with the mod "Full Invasion Osiris"

I did not know WSE, Valamis showed it to me recently. And I'm really happy that I can finally play with good fluidity, especially during the last waves of invasion. What you build a really really crazy cool & nice.

I recently tried to start the server with WSE but without success.
Following all the installation instructions on the client side, I simply changed in the server file :

"mb_warband_wse2.exe" -> "mb_warband.exe"
"mb_warband_wse_dedicated.exe" -> "mb_warband_dedicated.exe"

The problem is that when I restart the server, it does not appear in the list.
Should I also make some changes in the "server_config.txt"?

I recently post a tutorial video for explain how to Install WSE for Full Invasion Osiris following this thread. With my horrible english & french accent.

Greetings, Anoki
Hello Anoki, do your remember me? I'm always around in your beautiful server, and I take the opportunity to thank you for your dedication and your work!

I'd like to just share my personal experience with my two friends, as we play together both online and LAN (we're the VEL gang).
I use Windows 7, without firewalls, defenders, antivirus, and in my case everything worked since the first run.
On my friends end, however, we took hours to make them connect.
Their problem was that, lunching any module with the Warband Script Enhancer 2, resulted in server list being showed properly but no connection was possible. Upon joining, a message pop up and simply said: "Unable to connect".
We found out that, for one was the very Windows blocking the exe from using internet, for the other it was Avast. They had to "Unblock" both the exe and the bat files, and one had to set Avast to make an exception.

Now, every time one says "check your firewall" he deserves cabbages thrown on him, I understand, but in this case maybe you could check if there's really something on Gaming GTX and Oasis Hosting side that's blocking the program.

I'll write more detailed instructions when I get some free time.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to just erase a module's shaders, forcing it to use the vanilla ones, maybe via the Module System.
In this case, I wouldn't have to rewrite the shaders to make them compatible with the Warband Script Enhancer 2 (and you don't have to write more detailed instructions)!:grin:

I fear, however, that some items require certain shaders to be rendered... I hope it's not the case by the way.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to just erase a module's shaders, forcing it to use the vanilla ones, maybe via the Module System.
In this case, I wouldn't have to rewrite the shaders to make them compatible with the Warband Script Enhancer 2 (and you don't have to write more detailed instructions)!:grin:

I fear, however, that some items require certain shaders to be rendered... I hope it's not the case by the way.
If you delete a mod's shaders and there are some bigger problems, be also sure to remove references of those shaders in OpenBRF with respect to some items (it may take a long while). Vanilla and WSE2 are different though, you may be fine as well after getting rid of shaders in WSE2 without some major issues.

-Improving loading time for client. Especially on an SSD.

Full Invasion Osiris on my SSD loads in 13 seconds, no matter what FrameRate and vSync settings are specified.

-Improving loading time for client. Especially on an SSD.

Full Invasion Osiris on my SSD loads in 13 seconds, no matter what FrameRate and vSync settings are specified.
Thank you for this quality of life update, I'm eager to try it!

May I ask you, shall we download only the main file or do we have to download all the module specific plug-ins every time an update comes out?

I'm asking because, when I upgraded from 1.0.6.4 to 1.0.6.5, I re-downloaded everything and discovered that a file for Napoleonic Wars got updated as well, but it wasn't advised anywhere.

If you delete a mod's shaders and there are some bigger problems, be also sure to remove references of those shaders in OpenBRF with respect to some items (it may take a long while). Vanilla and WSE2 are different though, you may be fine as well after getting rid of shaders in WSE2 without some major issues.
I apologize, but I've not the proper experience to perform these operations without step by step instructions.

I've looked for this OpenBRF in the tutorials you linked me but they sort of give it as a known thing, so I googled it and discovered it's an editor which allows to open BRF files.

I assume by your message that every resource in every BRF may have one or more items that have a reference to the shaders I'm trying to delete, or maybe there are only a few places that I'd have to look for?

Anyway, if the mod crashes on startup, I fear that its shaders are called at the very beginning of the game's initialization, otherwise it would crash when a certain item appear in-game, or maybe while loading textures.

I think I'd need to know what have been the steps to make the already available plug-ins for the popular modules.

Back
Top Bottom