SP Fantasy [WB] Return of the Shadow - Seeking 2D Artist, Apply Within...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, i wish i could help you but i am not in charge of modding, so all i can do is answer questions and reaserch, if you have anything usefull to contrebute feel free to message me but apart from that we have to wait for Uncle to make his pc WORK :/
P.S
Feel free to keep bumping the thread if it gives you some perverted pleasure, but we ARE watching anyay  :lol:

PC is working fine Myth!
Well apart from the 'old startup problem!

Once I get it started everything runs smoother than a you know what!

However, It's mi GCSE ICT coursework that has been stealing all mi free time of late, think I might have got it done now though and might even get some modding dome tomorrow!

Cheers,

Monkeys_Uncle said:
PC is working fine Myth!
Well apart from the 'old startup problem!

Once I get it started everything runs smoother than a you know what!

However, It's mi GCSE ICT coursework that has been stealing all mi free time of late, think I might have got it done now though and might even get some modding dome tomorrow!

Cheers,

YAY for working PC!! Not so yay for ICT coursework  :/

Kazzan said:
Good to see you again though. Myth, were you brother to Monkey Uncle?

Reading through the suddenly bad english, no have never been Monkeys Uncle's brother, and PROBABLY never will be  :lol:
Any more personal questions? Or, maybe, you have an idea about the mod, somthing constructive? OH WAIT! That would mean this thread was on topic, which we know by now is impossible!  :lol:
I know you're all probably restless from no progress, but this mod is SO small atm there is no point watching it yet unless you want to help, in which case DO SO! Right, now i'm off to find some paracetamol...

KillerDudeMan said:
Wow, no posts in 11 days... did someone die?
lol, i hope not, maybe Uncles pc died again, i'm going to his house on Thursday so i will find out and report back, unless he sees this and decides to announce his survival, lol

I'm alive!!!!
and more importantly it's alive!!!!
For now, it should be going to Andy sometime soon so he can take a look at it, and determine its fate.

I've been struggling with getting a Uruk Sword model I made into the game, and that has been taking up most of my time lately!

I will give you guys another teaser release once I've made some more models, figured out how to get them in-game, and once Bioxx's map editor is done!

Cheers,

Monkeys_Uncle said:
I'm alive!!!!
and more importantly it's alive!!!!
For now, it should be going to Andy sometime soon so he can take a look at it, and determine its fate.

I've been struggling with getting a Uruk Sword model I made into the game, and that has been taking up most of my time lately!

I will give you guys another teaser release once I've made some more models, figured out how to get them in-game, and once Bioxx's map editor is done!

Cheers,

Woot and yay, Uncle lives!  :grin:
More importantly, the mod lives!!!  :lol:

Still having trouble getting it into game, OpenBRF adds loads of extra vertices to the model which really screw things up.
Someone has suggested a fix which I'll try later on and see whether that works!

The blade looks almost identical to the one in the movies (if I do say so myself), the handle is not the same however, as it looked a little bit complicated and I wanted to keep the poly count down.

Cheers,

Don't worry about that!
I've triangulated the mesh and... it works!
I've also created an Uruk Berserker Sword which I'm much more happy with and I'm in the process of texturing it.

This of course means that I will be able to create the rest of the Uruk Equipment as well.
I'll give you guys some piccies of what I've been working on as soon as Photobucket lest me create an account!

Cheers,

P.S.Yeah we're still aiming for a book based mod that uses the films for visual reference only

There were four goblin-soldiers of greater stature, swart, slant-eyed, with thick legs and large hands. They were armed with short broad-bladed swords, not with the curved scimitars usual with Orcs; and they had bows of yew, in length and shape like the bows of Men. Upon their shields they bore a strange device: a small white hand in the center of a black field; on the front of their iron helms was set a S-rune, wrought of some white metal.

Quoted from the book, description of a Uruk Hai. As are the below ones:

It seemed that the Orcs had pressed on with all possible speed. Every now and again the pursuers found things that had been dropped or cast away: food-bags, the rinds and crusts of hard grey bread, a torn black cloak, a heavy iron-nailed shoe broken on the stones.
...they came to the eaves of the forest, and in an open glade among the first trees they found the place of the great burning: the ashes were still hot and smoking. Beside it was a great pile of helms and mail, cloven shields, and broken swords, bows and darts and other gears of war. Upon a stake in the middle was set a great goblin head; upon its shattered helm the white badge could still be seen.
Yet that probably saved his life, for Uglúk's followers leaped over him and cut down another with their broad-bladed swords. It was the yellow-fanged guard. His body fell right on top of Pippin, still clutching its long saw-edged knife.
For a staring moment the watchers on the walls saw all the space between them and the Dike lit with white light: it was boiling and crawling with black shapes, some squat and broad, some tall and grim, with high helms and sable shields.
The assailing hosts halted, foiled by the silent menace of the rock and wall. Ever and again the lightining tore aside the darkness. Then the Orcs screamed, waving spear and sword, and shooting a cloud of arrows at any that stood revealed upon the battlements...

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom