WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using english, dont recall having an option to change either :p So, then what? lol Rohdock scouts suck and its annoying my custom battles

Start a proper camaign and see wether it´s working properly or not. If not, it´s an user fault and you better start thinking about all the little tweaks and things you did while meddling with the occult.

If the campaign runs properly it´s something TB needs to have a look at.

PoP doesn't support the custom battles and the multi player functions. You'll see oddities in those.

(Perhaps the menu items for custom battles and multi player should be removed to avoid confusion ... but it is minor)

Is the lords usually branching off the main army for VI battles intentional? I don't know if this has been addressed or not, but I notice that the Lord always runs away from their army, making it easy for me to pick him off. Killing him usually triggers the VI to charge my army after a long campfest.

This was similar to native's AI. If you check the map there was ALWAYS one "leader" unit that stood behind the army. If you charged in there and lanced him down, that usually triggers the army to charge.

Treebeard said:
Instinctt said:
Hey everyone, I recently tried installing this patch due to it being highly regarded in the community.
It seems whenever the initial loading screen comes up (Before the main menu) The game crashes and puts up "Unable to open file: CommonRes/costumes_a.brf". Any help to be had here? Was looking foward to playing, but it wont let me untill this is taken care of =\

If you are using Warband, make sure you downloaded and installed PoP3.301. (That's the file in the purple part of my sig.)

By the error description, it seems that you downloaded PoP3.01 which is only for M&B 1.011.

I did as you said, Same error pops up "Unable to open file:CommonRes/costumes_a.brf" On the top of the error message it reads "RGL ERROR" or something along those lines, Thanks for replying. Hopefully we can get it to work!

Only thing i would suggest is reinstall warband (shouldnt take long its only small), also if it is not from steam make sure its updated and then re download and install POP (the latest version). Make sure it installs to the right place and see from there.

Babaganoush said:
Is the lords usually branching off the main army for VI battles intentional? I don't know if this has been addressed or not, but I notice that the Lord always runs away from their army, making it easy for me to pick him off. Killing him usually triggers the VI to charge my army after a long campfest.

This was similar to native's AI. If you check the map there was ALWAYS one "leader" unit that stood behind the army. If you charged in there and lanced him down, that usually triggers the army to charge.

Always as in every battle? Or always as in the same battle repeated? Which PoP version are you running and who are you encountering in battle when it happens. (Also, how big is your army vs the enemy army in the battle where it happens)?

Instinctt said:
Treebeard said:
Instinctt said:
Hey everyone, I recently tried installing this patch due to it being highly regarded in the community.
It seems whenever the initial loading screen comes up (Before the main menu) The game crashes and puts up "Unable to open file: CommonRes/costumes_a.brf". Any help to be had here? Was looking foward to playing, but it wont let me untill this is taken care of =\

If you are using Warband, make sure you downloaded and installed PoP3.301. (That's the file in the purple part of my sig.)

By the error description, it seems that you downloaded PoP3.01 which is only for M&B 1.011.

I did as you said, Same error pops up "Unable to open file:CommonRes/costumes_a.brf" On the top of the error message it reads "RGL ERROR" or something along those lines, Thanks for replying. Hopefully we can get it to work!

In addition to doing RazgrizAC's recommendation; When you install PoP3.301: was it an executable installer that led you through an installation process, or was it a .rar file that you extracted? (3.301 is an installer. If you had a rar file it means you installed 3.01 which is for MB 1.011 and not WB 1.134.

Ok I have warband  version 1.134(steam) but when I install the v3.301.exe file it says my game is not upto date which when I am in game it does say I have the right version. Anyway as long as I am logged onto the internet and playing the game I have no problems at all but as soon as I try and play game with internet disables I crash anytime I try and enter a Town have done this with as small as 2 people in party and as many as 300 and everytime I crash when I do not have internet on. I have tried to play with the steam acsess in game on and off and still does same thing.

The game crashes after finishing a battle,  period.  it doesnt matter where or who I'm fighting,  or how many combatants on either side. crashes after i close the loot menu

Computer Specs are as follows

Evga GTX 285 2GB Onboard memory
4gb ram
Windows 7 32Bit

Steam version of Warband

cgoodson said:
Ok I have warband  version 1.134(steam) but when I install the v3.301.exe file it says my game is not upto date which when I am in game it does say I have the right version. Anyway as long as I am logged onto the internet and playing the game I have no problems at all but as soon as I try and play game with internet disables I crash anytime I try and enter a Town have done this with as small as 2 people in party and as many as 300 and everytime I crash when I do not have internet on. I have tried to play with the steam acsess in game on and off and still does same thing.

Playing any version of warband steam version offline can lead to crashes, the game's trying to contact the steam server in regards's to achievements is my understanding, or just plain drm either way the only answer is to play online.

Weird, I can't play it now, always getting the Error on creating shaders, Ouf of video memory, despite using the lowest graphic settings (textures on demand, no pixel shaders, no antialising, lowest texture...) :neutral: I think this happens after I updated my Nvidia drivers

Are you POSITIVE your load textures on command is checked? I ask because the error you're getting is usually associated with this option being turned off.

Have you tweaked your virtual memory at all? How much RAM do you have?

Yes, is checked, I haven't tweaked anything since I took these screenshots. My computer was perfectly capable of playing this mod and suddenly I get that error :neutral: No windows updates, I checked  all the tweaks I did, no changes since then. All I did was updating my graphic and audio drivers, that's why I blame them

is warband incapable of utilizing onboard video memory?.  because even with textures on demand enabled the game is taking up an absurd amount of my memory.  If it was using my 2GB Of onboard Video ram I should have no problems.

Treebeard said:
Instinctt said:
Treebeard said:
Instinctt said:

In addition to doing RazgrizAC's recommendation; When you install PoP3.301: was it an executable installer that led you through an installation process, or was it a .rar file that you extracted? (3.301 is an installer. If you had a rar file it means you installed 3.01 which is for MB 1.011 and not WB 1.134.

I had the 3.01 in the folder and it was only showing that and not the 3.301 version. Sorry for the trouble xD! Thanks for the help though! Really appreciate your time!

Danath said:
Yes, is checked, I haven't tweaked anything since I took these screenshots. My computer was perfectly capable of playing this mod and suddenly I get that error :neutral: No windows updates, I checked  all the tweaks I did, no changes since then. All I did was updating my graphic and audio drivers, that's why I blame them

Hmm, well if you haven't changed any settings since you last played then you're probably right about the assumption your drivers are to blame.

New graphics drivers typically move forward in their capabilities and tend to invalidate some older games. What you can do is try to use the last graphics driver that worked for you and see how that goes. If you revert your graphics driver and are still getting problems, we'll have to look elsewhere but this is the most likely culprit.

Could I get some assistance here with my CTDs?  It seems I was overshadowed by another persons request for help.  See my post at the top of the page.

I enjoyed the mod thusfar but I'm very close to deleting it,  I dont have the patience for a game that crashes after every battle or signifigant event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom