Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphic Card: Gainward HD4850 GS 512MB RAM - 10.3 ATI catalyst drivers
Processor: Intel pentium dual-core E6500 2,93GHz overclocked to 3,43 GHz
RAM: 2GB DDR 2 667MHz
Mainboard: Biostar P31-a7
HDD: Seasonic 500GB
Audio: 5.1 surrond

Before I start, sorry for my english. It's not perfect.

Issue:
I played vanilla like 3 or 4 months. I had no issues or problems with crashing. I decided to download PoP, but game starts be unstable. Game crashes in bigger battles(more than 80 soldiers on field). Game freezes but sound plays without freeze and I can hear a sounds of battle but screen is freezed. Its like when u have 2 screenshots and u swaping between them.  These issue is in battle(smaller or bigger) or in cities or villages, when u want to go marketplace etc.
I tried all advices. Nothing works. I set ragdolls and dead bodies to 0. Details to minimum and DirectX to 7. Also I tried to add # in some log, cant remember name of it. Nothing helps :/ Vanlla runs normally, only this mod not :'(

kanchen1014 said:
Computer: Macbook Pro running Windows 7 Ultimate
Video Card: NV GeForce 9600M GT (with 512 VRAM)
Memory: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
CPU: 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I have been playing vanilla Warband for like 3 months with a decent video setting without any problems. I have never in any way modified my gaming files or anything in that folder. I downloaded PoP from MBrepository three days ago and it crashed like hell. I tried almost all of the solutions above except for turning to DX7 but nothing helps. There are two kinds of crashing, one just stating that the warband.exe files quits (sry I forgot the specific words) and it seldom happens, but it could happen at any time, even when I'm just travelling. The other is a C++ runtime error and it happens frequently when I'm entering places, like talking to village elders or going to tavern. I reinstalled my C++ library but it didn't help. Two days ago when it crashed with one reason or another my system crashed too so I didn't know why it crashed... I'm thinking perhaps I got too much corrupted in my system so I'm just going to reinstall my windows next weekend. Could you guys please take a look at it and tell me if you have a solution for this? Thousand thanks!

Make sure you run Warband in Windows 7 mode (not in compatibility mode with a previous Windows).

If you have the 32-bit Windows 7: You tried this, right (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html):
  • if you are running as an Administrator go to Menu Start -> Run, type cmd and press ENTER
  • if not go to Menu Start -> Programs -> Accessories, press RMB on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
  • in Command Prompt type "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2990" without quotes and press ENTER
  • reboot

Test if turning off sounds in the pre-launch Configure menu (in the Audio tab) helps you. If it does then you have a memory issue (you have too little available memory).
You might perhaps need a new graphics card that has 1GB onboard memory (or more).
If you have spare money, the Geforce 460 or 560Ti or an ATI 5770 or 6850 (or higher) would be a nice upgrade from your GeForce9600.
Devouver said:
Graphic Card: Gainward HD4850 GS 512MB RAM - 10.3 ATI catalyst drivers
Processor: Intel pentium dual-core E6500 2,93GHz overclocked to 3,43 GHz
RAM: 2GB DDR 2 667MHz
Mainboard: Biostar P31-a7
HDD: Seasonic 500GB
Audio: 5.1 surrond

Before I start, sorry for my english. It's not perfect.

Issue:
I played vanilla like 3 or 4 months. I had no issues or problems with crashing. I decided to download PoP, but game starts be unstable. Game crashes in bigger battles(more than 80 soldiers on field). Game freezes but sound plays without freeze and I can hear a sounds of battle but screen is freezed. Its like when u have 2 screenshots and u swaping between them.  These issue is in battle(smaller or bigger) or in cities or villages, when u want to go marketplace etc.
I tried all advices. Nothing works. I set ragdolls and dead bodies to 0. Details to minimum and DirectX to 7. Also I tried to add # in some log, cant remember name of it. Nothing helps :/ Vanlla runs normally, only this mod not :'(

Your problem is relatively normal. The solution is to add 2GB RAM preferably. And you should try this solution (for XP 32-bit):
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html
Menu Start -> Run, type sysdm.cpl and press ENTER
a window should open, go to tab Advanced -> Startup and Recovery Settings -> Edit
at this point you're editing your boot.ini file. Don't mess things up.
Look for the line with your operating system mentioned and add "/3GB /USERVA=2990" without quotes. Should look like this:
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /3GB /USERVA=2990
just add only the "/3GB /USER...", don't erase or add anything else as it may corrupt your booting file
save changes and reboot

Haha thanks for your advice. I'll do as you said when I get my computer up and running next weekend. But apparantly I really have to have A LOT of spare bucks to get a new video card as I have to buy a new computer. It's just not possible to upgrade the video card on a macbook...

kanchen1014 said:
Haha thanks for your advice. I'll do as you said when I get my computer up and running next weekend. But apparantly I really have to have A LOT of spare bucks to get a new video card as I have to buy a new computer. It's just not possible to upgrade the video card on a macbook...

Ah ... Macbook ... hmmm. No graphics card update unless you get a new PC then. But the link should help you save money I think :smile:

(and if you want a gaming oriented pc when you get an upgrade opportunity, I'd say take a look at cyberpowerpc.com)

I'm playing the latest version pf PoP (3.205) Warband version 1.134 on Windows 7.

I have already played this mod for a while and it seemed to work great but now I'm getting a little worried since after checking this forum some things seems kinda different in my game.

*The start menu screen is the same as Warband (with the nords).
*The empire don't have any unique villages/towns. (I read that they should, The D'shar villages are unique both on the world map and battle scene though)
*While entering towns and villages the scenes next to the menus are just like in warband. (Maybe they should look like that, I'm not sure)

Here's a old post I found which describes similar problems:
Ciarandom said:
Only issues Im am having are:
a distinct lack of Pendor stuff (aka more vanilla equipment)
main menu background is vanilla
Occasional crashes/ RGL errors etc (May be my computer)
Empire cities look normal to me.
I have also had maybe one or two crashes but nothing that have ruined my game.
I see both pendor stuff and vanilla equipment so I'm not sure if that's a problem for me.

One post from a discussion about the same problems:
Maizel said:
I've got vanilla menu background.

And the Empire towns and villages look the same as those from other factions,  save the D'Shar gers or yurts,  whatever.

Though I really have no problems playing and enjoying this mod I thought it would be good for you too know this anyhow. I remember reading that this might be a problem connected with steam, but I'm not using steam. I downloaded Warband from taleworlds and bought my key from there too. I actually made a clean install of both warband and the mod before I posted this too see if that would help.

Again, I'm not using steam and I have no other mods or fixes installed.

Nedews said:
I'm playing the latest version pf PoP (3.205) Warband version 1.134 on Windows 7.

I have already played this mod for a while and it seemed to work great but now I'm getting a little worried since after checking this forum some things seems kinda different in my game.

*The start menu screen is the same as Warband (with the nords).
*The empire don't have any unique villages/towns. (I read that they should, The D'shar villages are unique both on the world map and battle scene though)
*While entering towns and villages the scenes next to the menus are just like in warband. (Maybe they should look like that, I'm not sure)

I have also had maybe one or two crashes but nothing that have ruined my game.
I see both pendor stuff and vanilla equipment so I'm not sure if that's a problem for me.

Though I really have no problems playing and enjoying this mod I thought it would be good for you too know this anyhow. I remember reading that this might be a problem connected with steam, but I'm not using steam. I downloaded Warband from taleworlds and bought my key from there too. I actually made a clean install of both warband and the mod before I posted this too see if that would help.
Again, I'm not using steam and I have no other mods or fixes installed.

Your game seems perfectly normal.

1. Empire does not have a special village icon. Only D'Shar has that. (Adding more will likely crash the game for everyone due to more stuff being loaded into memory by WB's engine).
2. The Main menu has the standard viking background. The only thing different is that it says Prophesy of Pendor ... in the menu on the top left.
3. There are no scene modifications in villages and towns except for what the buildings and props look like in D'Shar villages.

So, all-in-all, your game is working normally.

I'm sorry if it's been answered somewhere. I notice that there's a version 3.205, but I don't know if it will work with my 3.204 save. And I'd love to know its change log. From what I've heard here and there, the update seems to be much harder than 3.204. I'm not a good PoP player, I already have enough trouble with minor faction as it is. Should I update my game to 3.205?

holydemon said:
I'm sorry if it's been answered somewhere. I notice that there's a version 3.205, but I don't know if it will work with my 3.204 save. And I'd love to know its change log. From what I've heard here and there, the update seems to be much harder than 3.204. I'm not a good PoP player, I already have enough trouble with minor faction as it is. Should I update my game to 3.205?

There is an issue with lords who follow a marshal in 3.204 that is fixed in3.205.
PoP v3.205 Changes:
- Fixed the ex-companion as player prisoner dialog bug.
- Fixed potential issue with kingdom lords following a marshal.
- Added Lance switching to battles (- Based on Caba'drin's Lance switching script!)
- Reworked Sally v1.0 to Sally v1.1 (- she is smarter now and has a few new surprises in store)
- Reworked initial payment offer for Player Mercenary Contracts and for the weekly contractual payments (-it's more beneficial now).

I use M&B W v. 1.34 , i start  a new fresh character and I was very disappointed that I have not found any Qualis Gems in the first Treasure Chest map you acquire from Rane and the Red Brotherhood hideout . It's a bug?
Someone help me with this problem,please!

Devouver said:
Issue:

I'm having the exact same issues, I'm about to give up on this mod which sucks because I am really liking it so far (when its not crashing)
windows xp sp 3
My system is duel core AMD 4200+
3 gigs of ram
nvidia geforce 8600 GT

I tired the thing at http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html since I have a 32 bit system but it made the game literally unplayable, instead of crashing half the large battles it crashed EVERY battle, and the graphics were going crazy (people walking around with no legs, other crazy stuff), So I switched it back.

The only thing that ALMOST worked was using direct x 7, doing this, it hardly ever crashes in battle, but it didnt fix the crashing on save sometimes, and thats the worst one of all, nothing worse then winning an epic battle, go to save it, and you lose the entire battle.

Basically, I can live with crashes once in awhile as long as its not SAVE crashes, theres nothing I hate more then that, and its what I want to figure out how to fix the most.

Geocat said:
Basically, I can live with crashes once in awhile as long as its not SAVE crashes, theres nothing I hate more then that, and its what I want to figure out how to fix the most.

The next step would be to post the rgl_log.txt contents in your mod folder. It might give hints as to why it crashes. I suspect memory problems (HERR_BUFFER_LOCK_FAILED). The core cause to that is elusive.

Try disabling sounds in the pre-launch->Configure-> Audio tab and see if the problem goes away. If it does it is a clear sign that you have less than required memory.
A clean install of Windows might help if there is something else in the background that is causing your issues (- but that is only for users who are experiencing a lot of other issues as well in Windows).

Perhaps you could go Start->Run->msconfig
And in msconfig go to Startup and de-select all startup processes (except Microsoft, NVidia and ATI/Catalyst processes) and reboot and see if that helps you.

You can always re-enable those processes via msconfig again (or select Normal Startup in the first tab of msconfig).

Treebeard said:
Geocat said:

The next step would be to post the rgl_log.txt contents in your mod folder. It might give hints as to why it crashes. I suspect memory problems (HERR_BUFFER_LOCK_FAILED). The core cause to that is elusive.

Try disabling sounds in the pre-launch->Configure-> Audio tab and see if the problem goes away. If it does it is a clear sign that you have less than required memory.
A clean install of Windows might help if there is something else in the background that is causing your issues (- but that is only for users who are experiencing a lot of other issues as well in Windows).

Perhaps you could go Start->Run->msconfig
And in msconfig go to Startup and de-select all startup processes (except Microsoft, NVidia and ATI/Catalyst processes) and reboot and see if that helps you.

You can always re-enable those processes via msconfig again (or select Normal Startup in the first tab of msconfig).

hmm yup, looked in that rgl file and theres a LOT of
HERR_BUFFER_LOCK_FAILED_NO_MEMORY!
I'll try the sound thing later when I next play.

Cause i had various crash,
I followed all the steps on page 1

So then it was working till battles around 150 on the field (ninimum shadows, texture to 80% 10 corps, détail caracters minimal but finaly quite decent to play even if on directX7)

But it continue crashing essentialy after the loot menu... :sad:
So i disable the music...
Then it works pretty well few hours then again various crash essentialy after big battle due to the loot menu (Runtime error)

My computer is maybe to weak actually.
Laptop under Vista
Proc Dual Core 2ghz
graphic Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600XT
RAM 2 Go

Just put this post if there is something else more to try (except change material of course  :mrgreen: ) impossible to read all the pages even i took a look when neither english and computers are my primary language)
And gratz for this impressive mod :smile:

Mainboard : Asus M4A77TD PRO
Chipset : AMD RD770
Processor : AMD Athlon II X2 255 @ 3100 MHz
Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM ) (but I'm still using Windows 32 bits...)
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Battlesize 110, no bodies, no ragdolls, and still there is a lot of "lag" (what's the appropiate word? ) when armies clash. Mixed with the horrible orders config (press F3 for charge... computer not responding... F3! F3! F3! oh **** using only blunt weapons) makes me ragequit sometimes  :lol:

The game gets worse as I visit towns and fight different cultures, how much memory does this mod require? I simply couldn't play till I did the virtual memory fix.

Hi Danath, the mod uses up a LOT of resources I just don't think that 4gig of ram will hack it for ya.
I have 1gig HD4870
6gig DDR3 ram
i7 processor (forgot which one)
I  struggle with the game too i get chronic lag at 150 pop no ragdolls
Try saving frequently and relaunching the game to keep it fresh I guess, that is what I do.
The game is a ram whore :grin:

It isn´t a RAM whore, WB isn´t properly optimized in that regard, or rather, needs not as it doesn´t load such huge amounts of various resources than large mods like e.g. PoP do.

Your best guess is to free up as much RAM as possible - if you know how to do it. If your pc knowledge is close to zero and your technical abilities are limited to pressing the starting button you better leave it alone and don´t play it before you cause serious damage to your pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom