Warband - for the present not late...

Users who are viewing this thread

Svoyak

Recruit
I have looked video Warband and was terrified. As though I have seen quake3, instead of the Middle Ages...
Why so it is a lot of jumps in game? What for they? Add please force (weariness) in game and that the jump it spent all. The less force - the worse the soldier battles. Then to jump simply so will cease.

I believe he is unhappy with the fact that people who plays quake3 and spray and pray games come to play MB Warband, pretty much making Warband seem like a modification of spray and pray games where people jump and do unrealistic things to avoid getting killed.

He is also suggesting "weariness" which I believe is to be stamina that prevents kids who bunny hop in other games from doing so in this game.

I think a stamina bar might be quite a nice addition. One that slowly refills with chunks being taken out when you do something arduous, like jump with armour.

RaVeN said:
I believe he is unhappy with the fact that people who plays quake3 and spray and pray games come to play MB Warband, pretty much making Warband seem like a modification of spray and pray games where people jump and do unrealistic things to avoid getting killed.

He is also suggesting "weariness" which I believe is to be stamina that prevents kids who bunny hop in other games from doing so in this game.

Yes, sorry for bad english.

I Don't think you will have to worry about bunny hopping to much in mount and blade.  Wont make a huge difference when you are riding around trying to knock each other off your horses.  Jumping on the horse while fighting usually does nothing but give them a good shot at your horse anyway.

For most people who play shooters though its second nature.  When i first started playing mount and blade I noticed that when i have to dodge arrows I would always jump from left to right before realizing that if you just run to one angle and don't jump the AI still won't hit you and its one less button to push.

In the beginning of warband multiplayer you will see it alot probably, but it will die off when it is found to be almost useless anyway.

With the exception of jump attacking...

Just looks cool to finish people off with it.

You cant bunnyjump in M&B.. Not with 10 athletics and no armour.. Its a delay.. Same thing with horses, theres a delay..

But yes, anyone can play it.. anyone can play football (or soccer as its called in US), but not everyone is good... Is it a problem that anyone can play Warband? I mean.. Anyone could join a battle in the good old times, but not everyone would survive...

Aitchison said:
I think a stamina bar might be quite a nice addition. One that slowly refills with chunks being taken out when you do something arduous, like jump with armour.
Like call of duty 4?

There is a "strict" server that makes everyone use manual block and stuff. There are actually a lot of people who use tactics and stuff in this server. Trust me, Warbands is nothing like Quake.

However I would say that when tons of cavalry and archers join the deathmatch server on any map other than village, it's no fun at all. Then it's just people wanting to get high kill counts (that don't mean a thing).

Back
Top Bottom